FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Feb 2, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #3,796 of 6,207
Feb 2, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #3,798 of 6,207
Hi Brooko, my CD player (Ayon CD07) has a SP/DIF USB input and I found it works flawlessly when connect from my laptop - love the sound quality out of the home system.
So was wondering if I could just connect X7 to the CD player instead of the laptop which is less convenient since I have always to unplug and take to another location at home.

All you can do is try it. My experience with USB connections is ht and miss - works perfectly with some, fails on others.

Feb 2, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #3,799 of 6,207
Great Combo: Fiio X7 Mkii + Focal Elear
20180202_143021.jpg

Feb 2, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #3,800 of 6,207
Firmware 1.05 for X7MKII: Click here.

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.5 compared to the FW1.0.4 on X7 Mark II:

1. Added new feature of displaying album arts in large icons in the Album view menu (it will be the default display after upgrade, and you can switch the display by clicking the More Functions "…" icon, then clicking the first option in the pop-up tool bar);
2. Added fast forward and rewind control by holding the side buttons (Prev & Next);
3. Improved the Bluetooth transfer in SBC mode;
4. Fixed issue where the player might stutter after enabling the ViPER Effect;
5. Fixed issue where the jump through folder function would not work when playing cue tracks in Shuffle mode;
6. Fixed the abnormal scanning issue for some certain tracks;
7. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Apparently, the large album icons is causing problems with X5iii. Does the X7ii suffer likewise?

Feb 2, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #3,801 of 6,207
Take care before update. In this new firmware, songs in albums are now sorted alphabetical, not by track number.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #3,803 of 6,207
I only use file browsing mode, so never noticed. What an embarrassment. Don't FiiO test these things?

I also use only folder browsing mode actuallyt

BTW, it has been pointed to me that I didn't mention in my review that X7mkii doesn't return to playing if it is sleeping, if a file is on the second mSD card. I identified that issue as well, after heavy testing, but I have high hopes that it will be fixed soon, if it hasn't been fixed already!

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #3,806 of 6,207
This is what I’m talking about. These dap makers make incredible hardware, but know nothing about software. I just updated and now my albums are screwed up? It’s like buying a Porsche with a jacked up ecu that retards the power every time you rev. Sometimes it makes full power, sometimes 1/2 or less. You can’t enjoy something like that.

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #3,808 of 6,207
It's not been a good week for me and FiiO. Firstly, on my FH1, the right channel started dropping out after less than an hour and then this firmware issue.

FiiO, get outside help with your firmware. I think we can all agree they make great hardware, but their software falls short.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #3,809 of 6,207
Take care before update. In this new firmware, songs in albums are now sorted alphabetical, not by track number.

Nooooooooo!! What happened @FiiO ? Please fix this is ASAP, its a major bug (gapless means nothing now as example). I like the big cover view but at this moment I wish I hadn't upgraded :frowning2:

And btw, when you switch views the a...z index at right disappears
You have to click out of albums, i.e. artist, return to albums and it shows again
And on big album view, even so, the a...z is there but does nothing

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #3,810 of 6,207
Nooooooooo!! What happened @FiiO ? Please fix this is ASAP, its a major bug (gapless means nothing now as example). I like the big cover view but at this moment I wish I hadn't upgraded :frowning2:

And btw, when you switch views the a...z index at right disappears
You have to click out of albums, i.e. artist, return to albums and it shows again
And on big album view, even so, the a...z is there but does nothing

My 2 cents

Fiio software development & version control look very immature. They need to recruit new talent or get more outside help with design, control, and beta testing. And, they need to focus on what users need most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back