FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 2, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #3,121 of 6,207
Skipping the first 0.5 to 1.0 second keeps happening to me on various tracks regardless the storage location. I got 400GB in slot 1 and 256GB in slot 2.
Hi,
Maybe did you turn on the Viper effect?
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 2, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #3,122 of 6,207
Dec 2, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #3,124 of 6,207
Dec 2, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #3,125 of 6,207
There's a small bug I haven't seen mentioned, which is that song lyrics that don't highlight text in sync with the music reset their scroll position to the start after one second, this makes them unusable.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #3,129 of 6,207
Yes, low volume with low gain setting to start up. I have Hifiman RE2000 and AK JH Rosie. I also tried Andromeda once.

Noted. Thank you so much! One more thing, can you please tell me more about the sq of re2000?

Dec 2, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #3,130 of 6,207
Skipping the first 0.5 to 1.0 second keeps happening to me on various tracks regardless the storage location. I got 400GB in slot 1 and 256GB in slot 2.

I had this happen with some high bitrate files. Try turning off gapless if the album has gaps. This fixed it for me

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #3,131 of 6,207
I had this happen with some high bitrate files. Try turning off gapless if the album has gaps. This fixed it for me
I tested with and without gapless option and found no difference. Majority of my music tracks are 24/192. But the same problem occurred on 16/44.1 as well. So I don't think it is limited to hires files.

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #3,132 of 6,207
Bad function of "Previous track button" when playing through folders in FiiO Music.

When you are playing through folders the first song of a folder, pressing the previous track button should play the last track of the previous folder, but actually plays the last song of the current folder (that is not previous).

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #3,133 of 6,207
Bad function of "Previous track button" when playing through folders in FiiO Music.

When you are playing through folders the first song of a folder, pressing the previous track button should play the last track of the previous folder, but actually plays the last song of the current folder (that is not previous).

Also when using shuffle, pressing previous track doesn't give you previous tracks, but something random. It would be handy if it remembered something like the ten last songs. My Fuze pre-calculated the playlist of shuffled tracks, so you could go back and forth trought them without problems.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #3,134 of 6,207
Seems to me, that the next big step forward for Fiio has to be with its software since the X7ii is sonically brilliant. Just putting some new chip into the next version will not do a vast amount to improve the quality of sound and users can already get alternative amplifier units. So, surely the focus has to be on delivering a brilliant user experience and let that trickle down to existing users of Fiio's current DAP's?

Dec 3, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #3,135 of 6,207
Yes, I agree. The slot 2 bug was giving me a pretty bad overall impression of the quality of the device, before I discovered what was causing it. The DAC function would be fantastic if they fixed the delay. Also connecting to a PC with the DAC function enabled connects and disconnects devices a couple of times before the DAC device finally connects, which seems like another bug.

The hardware and audio quality have been fantastic though. Line-in and digital in (coax/optical) would be cool additions, but I'm not missing anything substantial.

I guess the software quality shouldn't be surprising, as China in general has a lot more experience in developing hardware than software and FiiO is mainly a hardware company. They just need some time to catch up on software development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back