FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jul 27, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #362 of 6,207
Put it on Yahoo Auction for 4man with custom balanced cable for balanced EX series. It's already been sold. Took 2.5 hours :) Just got a gmail from my girl.

Dang Bro that was fast. I wouldn't have expected anything less for the PHA 3 :)

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #363 of 6,207
I hope they used Aune's black magic in removing that sabre glare.

Though some say it's a myth. So I dunno

There is no "black magic". If the chip is capable of that much frequencies up top, and you are supplying unstable power into it, it will become a huge treble mess (sibilants and glares). That is just to simply put it at the most basic level. I have DAC that has 2x ESS9038Pro, and it has no glares, no sibilant with my Stax 009...you think it is Black magic too ? It is just that Sabres are found in everything , from lower to more high end equipments.....there has never been lower end tier and cheap devices that have a good design as high-end....because then there won't be high-end at all. This is why it created the "Sabres Glares Myth"

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #364 of 6,207
There is no "black magic". If the chip is capable of that much frequencies up top, and you are supplying unstable power into it, it will become a huge treble mess (sibilants and glares). That is just to simply put it at the most basic level. I have DAC that has 2x ESS9038Pro, and it has no glares, no sibilant with my Stax 009...you think it is Black magic too ?
Yes

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #365 of 6,207
Yes.

I did a vid stating that thing (m1S) was boss in balanced mode.
I like that Aune a lot. I love the hell outta this thing.

I am now in fanboy mode so keep that in mind.
But...I am sellin the PHA-3 and that was my ref kit. Now this is.
Ohhhh...great man..FiiO seems to have nailed the Sabre this time

Jul 27, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #368 of 6,207
My man
I am selling my PHA-3 since it will get little use now. This thing does balanced really well
Love the sound.

Did you ever grab the DD woodies? They sound amazing for the price. Love em.

Whoa... Made you sell the pha3? I was thinking of getting it again cuz I wanted to go balance with the isine.

So it does balance just as good, huh?

Jul 27, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #369 of 6,207
How's wifi signal on X7 II? Is it strong?

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #371 of 6,207
Planning to sell my x7 gen 1 + K5 and upgrade to X7 mark 2. I hope that X7 mark 2 won't have noise when I am charging it and play on my car.
My X7 Gen1 won't have any noise when I am charging it and play on my car on my actual car-audio Pionneer 3-Way DEH-80PRS. My previous bad car audio white brand has a lot of noise when charging because has not emissions or interferences protections and without shielded cables. In my last installation of the Pionner i take very care about emissions, interferences and more. At installation in the car workshop, I left the FiiO to do tests and i say that i don't want any noise when charging devices, with other devices like mobiles, with the engine started, lights, etc. And all what i hear when no music is silence. Complete silence. And Its sounds impressive.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #372 of 6,207
Planning to sell my x7 gen 1 + K5 and upgrade to X7 mark 2. I hope that X7 mark 2 won't have noise when I am charging it and play on my car.
Just FYI, the X7ii is also compatible with the K5. It comes with an optional thinner "side plate" for the amp module that allows the X7ii to fit into the dock of the K5. So you just might want to hang on to that K5 for a little while longer. :)

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #373 of 6,207
Anyone know any retailers in the USA that'll have units from the first batch for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back