FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Oct 24, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #5,926 of 6,207
Thanks for the reply. What difference do you find?

Visceral authority, dynamics, better separation. The soundstage is more intimate, I find, also. Oddly I found the AM3 amp module gave almost a brittle over clean quality (which is why I bought the M11, then got the AM5 after getting the M11). The AM5 retains the clean sound, and pin-point accuracy, absolutely but I think maybe the extra power and control it exerts tames the brittleness. It really makes it fascinating to listen to with the FH7's; it grips you.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #5,927 of 6,207
Visceral authority, dynamics, better separation. The soundstage is more intimate, I find, also. Oddly I found the AM3 amp module gave almost a brittle over clean quality (which is why I bought the M11, then got the AM5 after getting the M11). The AM5 retains the clean sound, and pin-point accuracy, absolutely but I think maybe the extra power and control it exerts tames the brittleness. It really makes it fascinating to listen to with the FH7's; it grips you.

I told you!

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #5,929 of 6,207
Is it possible to use the X7 like a "network streamer"?
My goal is to drive powered monitors with the dap in the living room, and this question is: is there any android app that is able to entirely control the X7 from my mobile phone. To control Tidal remotely would be the most important.
Also, how long last the X7's battery in standy by (or sleep) mode with wifi on?

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #5,930 of 6,207
Is it possible to use the X7 like a "network streamer"?
My goal is to drive powered monitors with the dap in the living room, and this question is: is there any android app that is able to entirely control the X7 from my mobile phone. To control Tidal remotely would be the most important.
Also, how long last the X7's battery in standy by (or sleep) mode with wifi on?
Roon core computer with tidal logged in would do the trick. Just run the roon app on X7ii and you can then control it from any other endpoints on the same network.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #5,932 of 6,207
Are there any free programs that I can convert my Flac file to a compressed format? I have two folders on my laptop that mirror the two SD cards in my X7ii. One contains bands from A to K and the other L to Z.

What I want is to convert multiple "Bands" in one go. All of the programmes I have seen don't do that.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #5,933 of 6,207
Are there any free programs that I can convert my Flac file to a compressed format? I have two folders on my laptop that mirror the two SD cards in my X7ii. One contains bands from A to K and the other L to Z.

What I want is to convert multiple "Bands" in one go. All of the programmes I have seen don't do that.

I use Foobar, you can drag and drop whole folders into foobar and select all files then right click and there are convert options there. You may need to install plugins, not sure. It's been so long since I've set up foobar :) . You need a LAME plugin maybe? Anyhow... entirely doable with Foobar and a bit of fiddling around with setup.

Oct 31, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #5,936 of 6,207
Thanks, but it doesn't preserve the folders. I'm looking for a copy of my FLAC folders in MP3 or preferably AAC.
Not quite sure what you mean by preserving folders?

There are many options for defining locations of the conversions.

If you mean you want an exact copy of the flacs including folder structure, then the best thing would simply to make a copy of the flac folders in their entirety then convert the copies of flacs to MP3 then delete the Flacs afterwards. It's what I've done in the past.

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #5,938 of 6,207
It's converting from, FLAC to MP3 that I'm after!

Yes, that's exactly what I'm proposing.

If you mean you want an exact copy of the flacs including folder structure (converted to MP3), then the best thing would simply to make a copy of the flac folders in their entirety then convert the copies of flacs to MP3 (using Foobar) then delete the Flacs afterwards. It's what I've done in the past.

I can't quite get my head round the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back