1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by superuser1, Jul 6, 2017.
First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last
  1. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
  2. snip3r77
    What you do not like about X5 3?

3. Marvellous_DAP
    I guess the overall built quality in the past helped to sustain the high price of AK and Sony DAPs. As an user coming from the old TOTL DAPs such as Hifiman 801 (it was then one of the best DAP with burr brown DAC, which I owned for a while with a few spare batteries), the build quality of the old DAP really sucks. When AK came out with really well designed (subjective, I know) and top built quality DAP (with good sound quality as well), it commands a premium over the less well built ones. With successes of these premium DAP, I guess all the major companies jumped in and started asking for higher price, when they started to create better quality products as well. Some DAPs actually copied the best designs of AK and thus if you see the exterior designs of DAPs today, they are pretty standard now and kind of took cues from those premium ones.

Again, sound quality is highly subjective, but built quality is alot easier to compare. Holding on to my AK300, ZX2, vs FiiO X5III and X7II, the built quality scores go to Sony and AK still, though the latest X7II is getting near! The curvy shape of Sony ZX2 with good weight and perfect shape for holding, the sharp pointed edges of AK with slim and unique profiles are probably signatures of their unique design. It just feels different holding these well designed DAP, but I know, best sound quality should be the reason to buy a DAP, but did I mention that sound quality is subjective?

Agree with you though the pricing of X7II is one of the best performance vs price ratio, and finally a great sounding DAP with a really good build quality!

Probably can sell some of my DAPs to get some cash back now.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    equalspeace likes this.
  4. AverageDude
    Hi! My interest in the X7ii has substantially risen while reading posts in this thread.
    For those familiar with AliExpress, will I be charged custom and/or taxes if I order from FiiO's Ali page (presumably in Asia) to have it delivered in Europe?

5. peter1480
    not is you are lucky but why not try here advancedmp3players

6. Darren Cotter
    I've got a X7ii coming from Advancedmp3players. It was posted yesterday. I'm not sure if I want it anymore, so I may sell it unopened. I'll post on this thread if I list it.

7. Bellyworshipper
    But why do you dislike it so much?

8. superuser1
    Why don't you want it anymore?

9. Darren Cotter
    I've just got an iBasso DX200 and am happy with that.

10. Bellyworshipper
    It's none of my business, of course, but you haven't heard the X7-II yet)) Maybe, just maybe, it will turn out to sound not worse than your DX200+more stable software and same functionality. If I were you I would give the X7-II a try))

11. AverageDude
    Thank you for the suggestion. However, it is sold at 570 Eur on Ali, 550 £ on Advanced (about 620 + shipping to Belgium). MSRP should be about 699 Eur, shipping included and local warranty...

I guess you paid full 550 £ price, didn't you

12. Paulo Abreu
    650 € from amazon.co.uk final price with shipping (I think original price was 549.00 £)

AverageDude likes this.
  13. Marvellous_DAP
    Bought mine in Singapore. After conversion is around GBP 499.

Just sold my X5III and AK300 and got back spare cash for year end holidays!

14. tkteo
    DSC_0008.JPG a new UI theme

Hawaiibadboy likes this.
  15. Marvellous_DAP
    Good for you. I guess it will just be a difference in sound signature given the different tuning and amps/filters used by FiiO and iBasso.

I tried DX200 as well before buying my AK300. Found DX200 a bit on the dry side for my music preference.

First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last