FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jan 20, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #3,707 of 6,207
New owner of a X7 ii and enjoying it paired with my F9's.
I have about 70GB of Flac files on a 128GB Sandisk ultra card.
Does anyone find the album artwork doesnt load instantly when scrolling?
I'm using memory card slot one and this happens in pure music or android mode and it narcs me a little.
I havent tested using files on the internal drive, assuming I do and the speed improves do i need to look at a quicker memory card?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #3,708 of 6,207
Hi All!

I SERIOUSLY need everyone's help.

Unfortunately I tapped the Device name multiple times and uninstalled Google Services, I tried to reinstall it but it won't work.
I even tried resetting the factory setting and even wiped the cache of the X7ii and when I did, the Device name changed to X7 only not X7ii.

Question:
* How can I re-activate/ re-enable google play and services?
* How can I revert back the X7ii original settings?
* I tried doing a Local Upgrade but it wont let me as is says" cannot install OTA as I do have the latest version".

Everyone's help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #3,709 of 6,207
Hi All!

Unfortunately I tapped the Device name multiple times and uninstalled Google Services, I tried to reinstall it but it won't work.
I even tried resetting the factory setting and even wiped the cache of the X7ii and when I did, the Device name changed to X7 only not X7ii.

Question:
* I tried doing a Local Upgrade but it wont let me as is says" cannot install OTA as I do have the latest version".

Thanks in Advance

Welp...

FiiO mightr be able to provide a firmware package which you'd have to install. It should wipe your entire X7mkii... Why did you do this thought?

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #3,710 of 6,207
Hi All!

Question:

Thanks in Advance
Use the restore utility on windows to reflash and reinstall.

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #3,711 of 6,207
Welp...

FiiO mightr be able to provide a firmware package which you'd have to install. It should wipe your entire X7mkii... Why did you do this thought?
Hi!
I though by wiping and resetting everything would bring back the google play services but still, even if you install the google play and services 5.1.1, you cant still run the google servcies. :frowning2:

Use the restore utility on windows to reflash and reinstall.

How and where can I find it?
Please instruct me in doing this

Thanks

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #3,712 of 6,207
Hi!
I though by wiping and resetting everything would bring back the google play services but still, even if you install the google play and services 5.1.1, you cant still run the google servcies. :frowning2:

How and where can I find it?
Please instruct me in doing this

Thanks

I was more curious how you lost the google play services...

Reflashing the whole firmware should fix the issue.

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #3,714 of 6,207
I was more curious how you lost the google play services...

Reflashing the whole firmware should fix the issue.

So I was able to multi tap the device name and says " you have uninstalled google play services".
Settings > About Phone> Device name where the X7ii name appears, if you multi tap it it will permanently uninstall .
I tried downloading google play apk but when opening it it just says " Unable to open google play or services".

thats why I tried wiping out the cache and even doing factory reset multiple times.

How can I reflash it?

Thanks

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #3,715 of 6,207
So I was able to multi tap the device name and says " you have uninstalled google play services".
Settings > About Phone> Device name where the X7ii name appears, if you multi tap it it will permanently uninstall .
I tried downloading google play apk but when opening it it just says " Unable to open google play or services".

thats why I tried wiping out the cache and even doing factory reset multiple times.

How can I reflash it?

Thanks

I'm still searching how to reflash the firmware

@FiiO might be able to help

I know I did that at some point, but I can't find the exact tools to do it.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #3,718 of 6,207
Hi gang, latest X7 ii FW states FiiO app music can be upgraded independently.
Does this version published last friday apply?

Is there only "one" version of FiiO music app for all devices, X3, X5, X7 ... ?

Update: Well, I guess not, X7 ii version is V3.3.8 and the onely published is 1.3.2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back