FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jan 17, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #3,691 of 6,207
Lol I experienced this the hard way myself. My laptop doesn’t have an SD card slot and I only had about 100GBs of data to transfer.

I remember thinking that it couldn’t take that long and recall starring at the transfer screen 6hrs later. I had a bunch of small files containing album art as well that slowed things down further.

Yeah, I'm getting a little pissed now. I found there is way too much "extra" crap and not just FLAC files. To top that off most aren't even tagged properly. mp3tag is taking forever on the SD via USB. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. Perhaps I need to create a temporary folder to clean up FLAC I want to transfer. SMFH!!!

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #3,692 of 6,207
Hi folks,

I got my 256Gb SD card and figured out how to install it. How do I copy music to it? Where exactly do I copy the music folders?

I have the X7ii plugged into my PC via the USB. However, I'm seeing double in File Explorer.

JVtIHL0.jpg

JVtIHL0
Try reading the manual.

Jan 18, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #3,694 of 6,207
Quick question for you guys... I just received my x7ii yesterday, and I'm really liking it. Although I have the FIIO player working (pure audio), I find the android synology DS Audio app much more user friendly. (plus it syncs all my playlists and everything automatically). In any case, am I missing out on anything by using this Audio app as opposed to the FIIO player, other than viper effects? I don't have any high-res music; just normal flac and 320 mp3. Would the sound quality theoretically be the same from either player assuming I don't have any eq/filters applied?

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #3,696 of 6,207
I not sure what the message above means, but I just plugged my X7ii in and it reads:

Drive E: Internal Memory

Drive H: Card Slot 1

Drive: J: Card Slot 2

I've no drives plugged in to account for the missing F, G & I. I've had three X5iii, one X7 and two X7ii and it has always read as above. Maybe with different drive letter allocations, I can't remember, but the internal memory and the card or cards are always allocated different letters.

Also, on my Windows 10 laptop, all three drives appear twice. I renamed CARD 1 to Card 1 and both changed. No idea why they are listed twice, but you can click on and use either.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #3,698 of 6,207
I just had a weird issue with Fiio Music App. Turning the device on and Fiio Music showed nothing in the songs list. I tried clearing the application data but it did not work. I had to do a restart.
When will there be an update for Android for this music app?

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #3,699 of 6,207
I just had a weird issue with Fiio Music App. Turning the device on and Fiio Music showed nothing in the songs list. I tried clearing the application data but it did not work. I had to do a restart.
When will there be an update for Android for this music app?

The firmware is usually updated with the system-wide updates actually, not typically via PlayStore, so it has been updated a few times.

As if it will be available for other Android devices, only FiiO knows, but I sure wish it will since FiiO App is one nice app to play music :gs1000smile:

Jan 19, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #3,701 of 6,207
UPDATE: Problem resolved. The X7ii doesn't like playing with the USB Audio player Pro app. This was also an issue with the X5iii. I switched over to Tidal and it works fine.

Just picked one of these up. I'm trying to connect it to an external amplifier using the line out output with a 3.5mm to RCA adapter, but the sound is mangled (badly distorted and static-y). The cable and amp work fine. Are there any other settings I should adjust?

Yes, I already looked at the manual. It's not helpful. I also searched the thread for mentions of "line out," but didn't see anything relevant.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #3,702 of 6,207
Hi

Using my X7ii in DAC mode with Foobar, I've noticed the X7ii displays 48kHz / 24 bits on all files using DS and KS output modes despite the actual resolution of the file, but when using ASIO, it displays the correct resolution of the played file. In all cases, the FiiO Control Panel confirms what is displayed on the X7ii itself.

So my questions is, is it only ASIO that plays files above 16/44 natively?

Regards

Darren

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #3,703 of 6,207
Hi

Using my X7ii in DAC mode with Foobar, I've noticed the X7ii displays 48kHz / 24 bits on all files using DS and KS output modes despite the actual resolution of the file, but when using ASIO, it displays the correct resolution of the played file. In all cases, the FiiO Control Panel confirms what is displayed on the X7ii itself.

So my questions is, is it only ASIO that plays files above 16/44 natively?

Regards

Darren

If you are using Windows, you can set your preferred playback frequency in the properties of your playback device (advanced tab) upto 192Khz, 24bit. I haven't tried making Foobar set the correct output frequency for the currently playing media, so I don't know if that is possible.

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #3,705 of 6,207
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I am using Windows 10. After following your advice, it now works flawlessly at all different bitrates.

Good to hear, glad to be of help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back