FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jan 17, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #3,677 of 6,207

As was previously mentioned, it is far quicker to copy with the card in a laptop, but for a small update to an existing card, just plugging in the X7 is OK.

I recently went from two Sandisk 256gb to two Sandisk 400gb cards. With the cards in the X7ii, I would get about 5mb per second. In a laptop, the same card would get about 30mb per second if I remember correctly.

I've always had both my cards, regardless of size show up twice. I use the ones listed at the top, but they are both the same. No idea why it happens. I'm using Windows 10 if that helps anyone.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #3,678 of 6,207
@FiiO

Any progress on a future fix for the "Storage unexpectedly removed" occurring on the X7 mark ii ?
It is still happening daily and its quite annoying :frowning2:
(btw I am running the latest 1.0.4 firmware)

And after that I have to select the music I want to listen again because the playlist is like null or empty.
Dear friend,

In what operation would this issue happen? Unlock the screen? The song you paused was in SD card 2 or?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 17, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #3,682 of 6,207
Not possible, I need it xD
I already takes long minutes to think what music should I put to my two 200GB sd cards + the internal storage...
Moreover having 2 cards slots is a big plus of the X7 ii, sadly few DAP have this option
Yeah, I totally feel your pain. Fiio has been aware of sleepy slot 2 for a few months now. I was hoping the last firmware update was going to address the issue, but when it didn't, I gave up on the slot. It's kind of frustrating to have to (sometimes reboot then) rescan the files/folders in the second slot when the player sits idle long enough to 'sleep.' I figure on the bright side, I now have a 256GB card ready to put into my next android device. :beerchug:

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #3,683 of 6,207
Yeah, I totally feel your pain. Fiio has been aware of sleepy slot 2 for a few months now. I was hoping the last firmware update was going to address the issue, but when it didn't, I gave up on the slot. It's kind of frustrating to have to (sometimes reboot then) rescan the files/folders in the second slot when the player sits idle long enough to 'sleep.' I figure on the bright side, I now have a 256GB card ready to put into my next android device. :beerchug:

This is strange, it never happened to me and I have X7ii with two 200Gb cards filled to 90%. Never had a message like storage removed or beeing unavailable. I had the pause/resume problem but that has apparently been fixe in latest FW.
So I'm wondering what is causing that? as a reference, I only use pure music mode, wifi, BT disabled, music is mostly FLAC tracks without embeded art (only the cover.jpg file), cards are Sandisk 200Gb formated exFat.

That sleepy slot 2 problem only happens in Android mode? how can I replicate it?
Regards

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #3,684 of 6,207
Yeah, I'm getting 4MB/s transfer, says 15 hours. That's ridiculous! I did it before bed last night and woke up with it paused with 6 more hours to go. I really wished it hadn't paused.

Oh, and I found I have way too much music lol, almost 1Tb of FLAC....

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #3,685 of 6,207
This is strange, it never happened to me and I have X7ii with two 200Gb cards filled to 90%. Never had a message like storage removed or beeing unavailable. I had the pause/resume problem but that has apparently been fixe in latest FW.
So I'm wondering what is causing that? as a reference, I only use pure music mode, wifi, BT disabled, music is mostly FLAC tracks without embeded art (only the cover.jpg file), cards are Sandisk 200Gb formated exFat.

That sleepy slot 2 problem only happens in Android mode? how can I replicate it?
Regards
To replicate the issue? In android mode, have the Neutron or Poweramp Alpha stopped with the screen off. Wait an undetermined amount of time (I have never paid attention to actual time gap, say an hour), turn on screen, go into either app, and tracks from the second card are no longer listed,. Sometimes either app will rescan all the folders, finding the files on external card 2, or I would need to browse files in es file explorer to play files from the second slot (or reboot). I did also have the issue with the Fiio app, but I don't use it anyway, due to my not liking the GUI.

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #3,686 of 6,207

Regards

Same setup as you (2x200GB cards, Pure Mode, FW 1.0.4), and while it only happened to me once so far since updating, the slot 2 bug still exists. Happened seemingly out of nowhere while listening to an album.

The pause/resume bug happens more frequently and only if I pause long enough for the amp to turn off. This might be linked to another bug, where the last track I listened before closing the app starts playing again from the beginning when I open it gain (if resume is activated) - even after a reboot.

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #3,688 of 6,207
Just cancel it, format the card in the X7 and then do the file transfer in a pc and get over 30mb per second.

Yeah, not possible atm. My PC doesn't have a card reader. I could order one from Amazon, but I'd have to wait 2 more days.

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #3,689 of 6,207
Yes exaclty, it happens (not 100% of the time) when un unlock the screen after pausing a music stored in the 2nd card slot.
I have the same issue with both my 128 and 200gb cards. Very annoying especially if you enjoying listening to entire albums like me and need to pause and restart.

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #3,690 of 6,207
Yeah, I'm getting 4MB/s transfer, says 15 hours. That's ridiculous! I did it before bed last night and woke up with it paused with 6 more hours to go. I really wished it hadn't paused.

Oh, and I found I have way too much music lol, almost 1Tb of FLAC....

Lol I experienced this the hard way myself. My laptop doesn’t have an SD card slot and I only had about 100GBs of data to transfer.

I remember thinking that it couldn’t take that long and recall starring at the transfer screen 6hrs later. I had a bunch of small files containing album art as well that slowed things down further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back