FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Nov 8, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #2,806 of 6,207
Hi guys, I am using the V-Moda M100 with the X7ii/AM3A combo and even with High gain I still have to bump up the volume to around 70+ to a good listening experience. Is this normal for headphones with 32ohms impedance!?
Am I going to have better results with the AM5 amp in this case?

Hi, doesn’t seem excessive for considering I use a similar volume on high gain on my ATH M40X, which is 35ohms, although the sensitivity is 98 dB and yours is 103 dB.
And it sounds plenty energetic and dynamic, so I wouldn’t bother with a more powerful amp. Saying this, I hear a lot of people advising AM5 as "THE amp” for full sized cans, but in most cases for higher impedances heradphones... @Brooko should give you a good advice.

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #2,807 of 6,207
Hi, welcome to the X7 gang!

@FiiO has some really cool devices, from X1 up ... but X7 (mk1 and mk2) is where they dropped all their XP (1)
(1) eXperience Points (only for gamers)

So you now belong to one of those lucky 0.00000167 % of people on the planet that can enjoy a private, selfish high fidelity music quality, as if you were with the artist. Sorry for the enthusiasm but I’m right now listening for a bit of Vanessa Fernandez (24/172khz) thru my X7 mk2 and JH Audio Angie2, and ... I’m in heaven.

And TODAY didn’t end, yet
thanks Paulo. I've had the pleasure of the mojo for a couple of years now and some decent enough IEM's and such, but this is lovely. So nice to have Tidal in great quality on the go. Just need to work out how fiio are jigging the android output with tidal, how pure it is - or should i remain blissfully ignorant?

Nov 8, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #2,808 of 6,207
20171109_115334_001[1].jpg

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #2,809 of 6,207
Has anyone had trouble with the pulsar light on their units? I received my X7 mark ii yesterday and the light was very dim but was pulsing. I went into settings and set the "lit" option under "working" and then looked at the brightness setting and it was already at 255, maximum value so hit ok and went on the look at some wallpaper. I then played some music and noticed that the pulsar light was not lit, nor was it pulsing. It doesn't work when charging the unit either. I did the firmware update to 1.0.3 but that didn't help, nor did a reset. If no one else has problems with the light then this unit probably has a birth defect.

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #2,810 of 6,207
Hi

I am still very confused as to what 3rd party Android players are suitable to use with the x7II. The stock player is a bit clunky to say the least; how corrupting is the Android interface on the output from Tidal, Player Pro, Poweramp, etc. I can't get UAPP to work at all. It's spewing out distorted noise only :frowning2:

Is there anywhere online which will explain things to me?

Cheers!

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #2,811 of 6,207
Hi

I am still very confused as to what 3rd party Android players are suitable to use with the x7II. The stock player is a bit clunky to say the least; how corrupting is the Android interface on the output from Tidal, Player Pro, Poweramp, etc. I can't get UAPP to work at all. It's spewing out distorted noise only :frowning2:

Is there anywhere online which will explain things to me?

Cheers!
In UAPP settings there is a selection for 16 bit operations. Select it and the distortion will go away.

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #2,813 of 6,207
Bump...

I'm really quite curious to know if Android upsamples the Tidal output by default like it does with my Mojo when I plug an OTG cable into my Samsung phone? It shows as 192Khz in that example on the Mojo.

If its outputting at 44.1 then it's fine for me :) - im not so keen on upsampling for no reason.

Cheers!
As far as I know FiiO uses a modified Android so there should be no upsampling going on.
For your Samsung phone and the Mojo, you can avoid upsampling by buying the USB Audio Player Pro app from Google Play Store. This app comes with its own USB audio drivers and bypasses the stock Android upsampling. It also has Tidal support.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #2,815 of 6,207
Has anyone run into this kind of message when trying to play standard 24/192 files? different player I know, but wanting to know if it is a limitation of my player, or the file itself? and specs I can give to help?
Possibly, the database glitch? Have you tried to reset the database and scan the storage again?

Nov 10, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #2,818 of 6,207
As far as I know FiiO uses a modified Android so there should be no upsampling going on.
For your Samsung phone and the Mojo, you can avoid upsampling by buying the USB Audio Player Pro app from Google Play Store. This app comes with its own USB audio drivers and bypasses the stock Android upsampling. It also has Tidal support.

thanks, yes i've been using UAPP with the phone+mojo for a couple of years. Never been satisfied because of the interference due to mobile signal. Which is really why I've chosen the X7ii as a one(ish) box and noise free portable solution for Tidal use mainly on the go.

Trying to get the UAPP software to work with the X7ii is frustrating as (Harpo1 suggestion) i need to Force 16bit only, which involves at least 1 level of conversion when using 24bit files. I suppose I want to achieve "bit-perfect" via the Android apps, but I don't think this will be possible. I've been spoiled by Roon with it's grail of "bit perfect" signal.

Ultimately, re-thinking what I'm asking, I'd like to know how exactly the Tidal HIFI and MASTER signals are processed by Android/X7ii before they hit the output jacks! For the rest, I am actually ok to use the installed player in pure music mode.

Nov 10, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #2,819 of 6,207
Trying out various players with the X7ii and also got my old Chromecast audio pucks into play to...

Now casting merrily using Optical input into my Mojo from the X7ii. Using Bubble UPNP able to cast 24-96 into the mojo. Cool!!!

Nov 10, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #2,820 of 6,207
Hi,

Best regards

Hello would it be possible to add Hiby Link into the next firmware? I appreciate the device, but I have rather consistent native Fiio software issues, that I try my best not to clutter up the thread with complaints. After trying the shanling implementation of Hibylink/Hiby Music app, it would be awesome if the option could be added. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back