FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 3, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #15,061 of 18,019
No and no--the FiiO docking connector has 11 contacts. I think this is the only thing on the market that may work
http://www.usbfirewire.com/parts/rr-mhl-ext-xxg.html

And even this only connects to the docking port on top.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 3, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #15,062 of 18,019
No and no--the FiiO docking connector has 11 contacts. I think this is the only thing on the market that may work
http://www.usbfirewire.com/parts/rr-mhl-ext-xxg.html

And even this only connects to the docking port on top.

Thanks for your help.

Before buying the K5, I used the Fiio X7 in DAC mode using a conventional micro USB cable that came with the Fiio X7. (This cable appears to be a traditional cable, like every cellphone uses: micro usb male on one end, female standard USB in the other). 

Before buying the K5 everything works correctly using the traditional USB cable, so, I believed I could use a simple extender, at least in the upper docking of K5. It really is very confused.

I may be very wrong, but it is not possible that the micro USB connector 11 pin is just at the back door and the upper docking is a micro USB conventional  connection?

I already contacted the Fiio by the support email, but got no answer yet (they always answer my questions there).

Thanks again!

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #15,065 of 18,019
  I would like this player to determine all 200 GB micro sd.
how to do it?

If you have a PC, most people seem to have success if the card is formatted to ex-fat.

There seems to be a bug with some versions of the FW 3.xxx BETA firmware which can prevent all of the files being read.  FiiO are aware of it.

If you have not bought the card yet, (I presume it would be a Sandisk), make sure you get it from a reputable dealer such as Amazon (NOT Amazon Marketplace), 
or My Memory.  There are a lot of fakes about.

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #15,066 of 18,019
Experimenting with a Samsung T3 SSD 1Tb. Its working fine but not fully loaded yet 1750 compressed FLAC files about 50gb. Photo attached video in next post. Aptx is still working FW 3.0.4.

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #15,068 of 18,019
How is fiio x7 comparing to ak300? Fiio wins right? :)

as good if not better with good headphones the AM3 balanced out rocks
cool.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #15,070 of 18,019
formatted right and loaded right, I've not found a card that will not work. Though loading in the x7 is tricky,  best results so far with a usb addapetor adding music with Sony MediaGo the card is recognised as a phone.

Nov 3, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #15,071 of 18,019
  I thought AptX is just a coding algorithm/codec (better than regular one in terms of SQ) for compressing audio files to transmit through Bluetooth. I might be wrong.

Aptex is working in FW 3.04

Nov 3, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #15,072 of 18,019
  formatted right and loaded right, I've not found a card that will not work. Though loading in the x7 is tricky,  best results so far with a usb addapetor adding music with Sony MediaGo the card is recognised as a phone.

My 200 GB is formatted right and it doesn't work.  A couple others are having issues as well.  Not sure where the problem lies but hopefully fiio will figure this out since they already acknowledge an issue with the media scanning function.

Nov 3, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #15,073 of 18,019
Thanks for your help.

Before buying the K5, I used the Fiio X7 in DAC mode using a conventional micro USB cable that came with the Fiio X7. (This cable appears to be a traditional cable, like every cellphone uses: micro usb male on one end, female standard USB in the other). 

Before buying the K5 everything works correctly using the traditional USB cable, so, I believed I could use a simple extender, at least in the upper docking of K5. It really is very confused.

I may be very wrong, but it is not possible that the micro USB connector 11 pin is just at the back door and the upper docking is a micro USB conventional  connection?

I already contacted the Fiio by the support email, but got no answer yet (they always answer my questions there).

Thanks again!

[COLOR=212121] [/COLOR]

You're welcome.

No, it is the other way around--you only need a regular USB cable to connect to the back of the K5, which would send USB audio signals into the K5. This signal is forwarded to the X7 through the dock, (or X3II / X5II / E17K) for the docked device to decode. The resulting analog signal is sent back out from the docked device into the K5 through the extra pins in the 11pin "micro USB" dock back to the K5 for amplification. Thus if you use a regular USB interconnect / extension cable here you'd get no sound out of the K5.

I am quite sure of this because I was working for FiiO when the K5 was launched and translated its manual and promotional material.

While we're at it--make sure not to connect the USB cable from the computer / smartphone / HiFi / whatever to the micro USB "Dock In" port at the back instead of the large USB In port next to it. As explained above the dock port (of which there are two, one at the top, one at the back, only difference is one is male, one is female) is designed to forward, i.e. output USB digital audio signals to e.g. the X7. The K5 is liable to go kaput if you feed a USB digital audio signal *into* the dock port at the back. There may or may not be a warning sticker about this on said micro USB Dock In port at the back.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 4, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #15,074 of 18,019

Quote:
You're welcome.

No, it is the other way around--you only need a regular USB cable to connect to the back of the K5, which would send USB audio signals into the K5. This signal is forwarded to the X7 through the dock, (or X3II / X5II / E17K) for the docked device to decode. The resulting analog signal is sent back out from the docked device into the K5 through the extra pins in the 11pin "micro USB" dock back to the K5 for amplification. Thus if you use a regular USB interconnect / extension cable here you'd get no sound out of the K5.

I am quite sure of this because I was working for FiiO when the K5 was launched and translated its manual and promotional material.

While we're at it--make sure not to connect the USB cable from the computer / smartphone / HiFi / whatever to the micro USB "Dock In" port at the back instead of the large USB In port next to it. As explained above the dock port (of which there are two, one at the top, one at the back, only difference is one is male, one is female) is designed to forward, i.e. output USB digital audio signals to e.g. the X7. The K5 is liable to go kaput if you feed a USB digital audio signal *into* the dock port at the back. There may or may not be a warning sticker about this on said micro USB Dock In port at the back.

Thank you again for your kind attention.

I'm using K5 exactly as you described: I connect my Fiio X7 in the top docking and plugo the USB cable into the "USB IN" back, which connects to my computer. Everything works perfectly in this way: I put Fiio X7 in DAC mode and broadcast the music from my computer to the dock.

My problem is that I use a protective cover on my X7 Fiio, and every time I want to use it connected to K5 I need to remove the cover.

The back door micro USB K5 called "DOCK IN" is precisely to this kind of situation, is not it? Everything would be as it is (port "USB IN" connecting the K5 to my PC), but instead of plugging my Fiio X7 in the top docking, I would plug it in "DOCK IN" using a micro usb cable.

This is how it works, right? But where I can find a micro USB cable 11 pin with two male connectors?

I'll post some pictures that I think will help:

a) This is the way I use the Fiio X7 (DAC mode) plugged into the K5. Notice that I remove the Fiio X7 protective cover of Fiio X7 for plugs it to the top dock. My PC is connected to K5 through "USB IN" port.

b) I use a protective cover on Fiio X7 it impossible to fit the upper dock. In order to not have to remove it constantly I'd like to be able to connect the FiiO X7 not through the upper dock, but through the door "DOCK IN". But the problem is that the cable supplied with Fiio X7 is not compatible.

c) Alternatively, I wonder if I can use an adapter that converts the micro USB port to USB standard. I still have not tested for fear of causing a problem to the device. 

That is my biggest question: I can do this?

This is the adapter cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICRO-USB-CABLE-MALE-HOST-TO-USB-FEMALE-OTG-ADAPTER-ANDROID-TABLET-PHONE-PDA-PC-/321955491110

Thanks again for the help!

Nov 4, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #15,075 of 18,019
Well, I don't want to point to the big elephant in the room, but @FiiO what is the ETA on first non-beta v3 firmware?
I even think that you once said it'll be available in September... so your promises are getting emptier and emptier..
You also mentioned that we can expect FW more frequently, and that's still not happening (I am not counting beta FW as that's for testing purposes).

I am considering selling my X7 but I'll like to give it a one last chance with the new stable FW before I make a final decision, so I'd like to know how long do I need to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back