FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 16, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #14,761 of 18,019
I'm telling the same on "The public beta firmware" thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/822149/the-public-beta-firmware-of-android-5-1-for-fiio-x7-is-coming/75

Also the ability to support more than one genre, artists, etc. in the same ID TAG separated by semicolon, por example two genres on a song file like "Rock;Alternative Rock;Hard Rock" and find this file searching for any of the three genres.

I saw your thread, you resumed very well a lot of the problems.

I'm just asking the basics, for example not being able to recognize tracks in a single FLAC file separated by a cue file...
That's annoying because is so obvious :confused_face_2:
All the other previous firmwares didn't have this problem, I reported this in day 1 of FW3 !!! - I think this is way more important that some of the fixes on 3.0.2, it prevents me from listening music... I took an whole day splitting files with Foobar, or else I would have to go back to FW2 or keep listening Neutron.

Regards

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #14,762 of 18,019
I saw your thread, you resumed very well a lot of the problems.

I'm just asking the basics, for example not being able to recognize tracks in a single FLAC file separated by a cue file... that's annoying because is so obvious
confused_face_2.gif

All the other previous firmwares didn't have this problem, I reported this in day 1 of FW3 !!! - I think this is way more important that some of the fixes on 3.0.2, it prevents me from listening music...

I took an whole day splitting files with Foobar, or else I would have to go back to FW2 or keep listening Neutron.

Regards

I have all my all album's tracks splitted in several FLAC files. All my files are only one track. Is more easy to handle, more easy to order and catalog it, and more easy to any device to handle a very small file than the bigger of a full album in only one file.

But also some FLAC files can't play or not recognize by the FW 3.0.x Fiio Music app.

For this reason, i return back to FW 2.0 waiting for a new beta firmware and check it.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #14,763 of 18,019
Dear All,

We already rebooted the server where we uploaded the firmware 3.0.2_beta, so pls try to test your X7 again. If you still can not get the OTA udpate(3.0.2_beta) when the X7 is FW3.0beta, pls let us know. 

Looking forward to your feedback. 
smile.gif

Best Regards, 
FiiO Shadow

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #14,764 of 18,019

Thank you! 

Would be great to know if it's possible to watch videos and if the delay is well... if you feel that there is a delay in audio while watching movies or playing something in windows, 

The new beta firmware have no problem with lag whatsoever in Windows (with 7, 8.1, and 10). You don't even need to set it to 24 bit 192 kHz in the sound control panel (which was the workaround with the older firmware for getting lag-free audio).

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #14,765 of 18,019

The new beta firmware have no problem with lag whatsoever in Windows (with 7, 8.1, and 10). You don't even need to set it to 24 bit 192 kHz in the sound control panel (which was the workaround with the older firmware for getting lag-free audio).

Whoa, thank you! 

This means I could be getting one then 
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #14,767 of 18,019
I tried very hard but couldn't install the beta. I guess I am gonna wait for the release. Is the release gonna be installed in the same way? Or we can installed directly from x7 itself?

Did you follow the instructions? You have to download FW3.0 first, its a zip package that includes a tool and the firmware image. The new firmware can't be installed as an update to FW2 or older, there is a procedure you can easily find searching this thread.

After that you can upgrade normally from 3.0 beta to 3.0.2. If you already tried this and didn't work, please be more precise in your problem.

Regards

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #14,772 of 18,019
The Sizzling bacon sound in the right ear while using Wi-Fi seems to have been eradicated.  Can others confirm?

@Fiio, can i get an answer on this - Why are we unable to use third party launchers, such as Nova Launcher on the updated firmware?  I've tried some ways around it but they fail.. It almost seems like you went out of your way to stop this - any feedback?

Thanks
Paul

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #14,773 of 18,019
The Sizzling bacon sound in the right ear while using Wi-Fi seems to have been eradicated.  Can others confirm?

@Fiio, can i get an answer on this - Why are we unable to use third party launchers, such as Nova Launcher on the updated firmware?  I've tried some ways around it but they fail.. It almost seems like you went out of your way to stop this - any feedback?

Thanks
Paul

I suppose it's a side effect of making the Pure Music mode work.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 19, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #14,774 of 18,019
I suppose it's a side effect of making the Pure Music mode work.

@Joe Bloggs what are the main advantages of using X7 in pure music mode as it is now in FW3 ?
Longer battery use? better SQ ?

Regards

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #14,775 of 18,019
i hope this beta firmware will soon be a public release as promised more than 10 days ago and that it will not stay in beta for long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back