FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 6, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #14,551 of 18,019
I was told James wasn't satisfied with the new UI and decided not to use it.

Thanks, that's reasonable...

I was expecting improvements on browsing music, browsing genres is useless (everything mixed a-z).
There's a new problem on artist/album view on .cue separated albums (single file), it only shows last track, although on Album view (not going by artist) its OK.

Glad album art is now showing in the same view (artist/album).
[Edit] Browsing now holds its position when you change artist/album/folder 
beerchug.gif
 This is great!

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #14,552 of 18,019
I request some options to navigate through libraries like Composer, Year, Original Year and Ratings. Also to detect more than one artist, genre, etc. in the ID3 Tag separated by semicolor (";"). Also option to rate a song a save the rate in the ID3 Tag of the file. And to read and show the lyrics store in the ID3 Tag.

Also to mark a song to be the next to play and then continue reproducing in the order of the marked song. A queue to put songs to be the next to play.

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #14,553 of 18,019
FW beta bug report - 'Play album only once' option (three line icon at bottom left screen) does not work. When you play whole album it repeat the same album again.

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #14,554 of 18,019
Just reverted back to FW2.0, the bass eq (especially band 31 and 62) is working again in old fw, when FiiO fix the eq probelm i will happily update to FW 3.... anaway i am aware that this is still beta, so thank you fiio for your updates and future patches, thanks

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #14,556 of 18,019
  After a couple of factory resets and a reinstall of Beta v3.00 I cannot get the FiiO music app through the coax output to deliver anything higher than 88Khz regardless of the input resolution of the material.  This is a complete show stopper for me.  I have cranked up my venerable FiiO X5 just to confirm that the tracks are correctly encoded and they are delivered at the correct resolution and it works perfectly.
I have also made a number of comments about the problems that still exist in the GUI in a previous post.
I look forward to your feedback!

Too many bugs - I have reverted back to Android 4 and FW2.0.  Tracks are now playing at the right resolution again and other issues I have mentioned have gone away. Not a happy experience.

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #14,557 of 18,019
  ... Not a happy experience.

This is a Beta, no piece of software borns, grows or even "lives" perfect. Every feedback, even the smallest one, can be a great contribution for a happy experience of everyone here and the ones that come after.

But I understand some of the bugs might be hard to live with, it all depends on the use you give to X7.
Regards

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #14,558 of 18,019

This is a Beta, no piece of software borns, grows or even "lives" perfect. Every feedback, even the smallest one, can be a great contribution for a happy experience of everyone here and the ones that come after.

But I understand some of the bugs might be hard to live with, it all depends on the use you give to X7.
Regards

Beta's should still be very mature at release, no glaringly obvious flaws which internal testing procedures should catch. In my mind if you release a Beta for feedback it should only be for polish and catching very obscure bugs.

Oct 6, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #14,559 of 18,019
  Beta's should still be very mature at release, no glaringly obvious flaws which internal testing procedures should catch. In my mind if you release a Beta for feedback it should only be for polish and catching very obscure bugs.

I have to agree with you 
redface.gif

Regards

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #14,564 of 18,019
Some happy news. The Android 5.1.1 FW appears to have fixed the initially-low volume bug on the FiiO music app.
Plus, the volume buttons now give continuous up/down control from the lock screen (and the FiiO music app has an upper-volume cap).
That's impressive considering I only made those requests yesterday :wink:

If we can just... one day... get gapless playback...?!

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #14,565 of 18,019
Here is my own two cents on the beta.

Booting up/Shutting Down has a roughly 25%~ speed increase. (Which is about 4-6 seconds!!) Good job FiiO!

Songs scanning will not complete, it hangs for about an hour (yikes) and halts in the middle of scanning and say it is complete. Not surprised since this is a beta.

Sound Quality has become somewhat more treble oriented. The sound signature feels V shaped somehow, it's a mixture between oval and V, think antler horns if that makes sense.

FiiO stock app crashes often, the past FW seldom crashed.

Song list fails to load, selecting a song does not work about 60%~ of the time.

FiiO stock player can now play odd sample rates, at the expense of being sped up, very similar to how iTunes does it at frequencies below 44kHz (etc 31.7kHz, 36.8kHz). Very strange, thinking myself that it would never play these files in past FW version, if these frequencies become supported, I will be so happy, I do not expect it though :frowning2:.

Once again, this is a beta, so I'm reporting on what has happened to me personally.

Will update, since I'm using the stock app for now. I haven't rooted yet, I will get on that right away!~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back