FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 23, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #14,387 of 18,019
Not a dig man, just reminding everyone he getting in the hype train it has already been promised... And not come.

I still have an x7. Buying another dap disqualifies me from being a part of this community and expecting more from the manufacturer of a dap I own??

Just FYI - the upgrade is real, and its being tested - and it will be rolled out when FiiO is happy with it (and not before).  And unfortunately that's the limit I can say about it (so don't ask).  Rest assured, there are no empty promises here. 

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #14,388 of 18,019
Maybe it's been asking before, but can I download Bandcamp flac files straight to an x7 Player instead of a computer first?

Might encounter same issue with downloading locally from tidal (only stored on local nand instead of microsd)

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #14,389 of 18,019

Just FYI - the upgrade is real, and its being tested - and it will be rolled out when FiiO is happy with it (and not before).  And unfortunately that's the limit I can say about it (so don't ask).  Rest assured, there are no empty promises here. 

I don't doubt that at all. I am, however, skeptical that it will happen in 30 days based on past ETAs. 

As they say: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

Hope I am wrong 
k701smile.gif

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #14,391 of 18,019

And now I hype.

Sep 23, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #14,393 of 18,019

I have to wonder why upgrade the entire OS when you still have to fix bugs anyhow? I mean it's sexy and all but also a lot more work added to the work you still have to complete. Sure the new OS might make solving a few bugs easier but not all of them. I'm just being negative now. I'm going back to the waiting area and assume the position.

Sep 24, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #14,394 of 18,019
Seems James has painted himself into a corner-going to be some serious nerd rage going down if that update isn't out in 29 days.

I still applaud Fiio for having a rep endure all our whining-no other DAP has one as active as James and Fiio has had 6 updates so I'm sticking with them

Sep 24, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #14,395 of 18,019
Seems James has painted himself into a corner-going to be some serious nerd rage going down if that update isn't out in 29 days.

I still applaud Fiio for having a rep endure all our whining-no other DAP has one as active as James and Fiio has had 6 updates so I'm sticking with them

This is in no way directed at you but the animosity I see accumulating in this thread and all the (imo) undeserved hate they are getting.

People will be calm down once they see it in action. Just because FiiO hasn't said anything does not mean they aren't burning the midnight oil trying to get it out asap. In fact their absence is because it is literally ALL hands on deck. Trust me when I say that the timeline was changed and extended for very good reason. Working with Android is challenging at best and a freaking nightmare when changing versions in general.

Believe you me, its real and its actively being worked on and being tested 
wink.gif
 thats all I can say on that matter as well. 

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #14,396 of 18,019
I have no trouble waiting IF the new FW fix all issue already reported (such as volume drop, cover art missing, random track number, etc.) But if the next FW still have these issues, it is a time for rant.

Sep 24, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #14,397 of 18,019
Buying from Bandcamp did get more easy as now you can buy with your phone wherever you are and not depending on PC. So with WiFi it should be possible to transfer directly to the X7, The friendly people of FiiO did say it should work, so now I would like to hear if anyone tried this? For the moment I have an X3 II which is superb, 0nly i need to get the music on PC first before I can transfer to my X3.

Sep 24, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #14,398 of 18,019
Buying from Bandcamp did get more easy as now you can buy with your phone wherever you are and not depending on PC. So with WiFi it should be possible to transfer directly to the X7, The friendly people of FiiO did say it should work, so now I would like to hear if anyone tried this? For the moment I have an X3 II which is superb, 0nly i need to get the music on PC first before I can transfer to my X3.

i've bought from bandcamp, downloaded, unzipped and listened all on the x7 using wifi, no problem
you want to download an app called es file explorer makes it quite easy

Sep 24, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #14,399 of 18,019

I agree that FiiO is working hard and do not deserve the anger. That said I can understand the frustration. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I suspect that FiiO somewhat regrets going Android as the OS. What we need is an API to get streaming services in without having to resort to Android. Then companies like FiiO could build their own less complex music based OS platforms and dispense with the bloatware and unexpected issues I'm positive Android is introducing. Speculation of course.

Sep 25, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #14,400 of 18,019
i have to give it to fiio for the fiio x7, its a great dap and at amazing price

I also own now the cowon plenue s which is at leat 3 times the price of fiio x7

yes the cowon plenue s is better, but let me tell the fiio x7 is not far behind at all, yest it needs some catch up to do to address those bugs, but as a dap man the fiio x7 is amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back