FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 27, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #5,986 of 18,019

There is a high and low gain option with PLENTY of head room. For an iem module it packs a ton of power, to even drive my Havi B3 Pro 1 which is stupid hard to drive. 

Yes, but the real question is.. how do the Zens sound off of it???

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #5,988 of 18,019

sounds pretty good actually despite the Zens being 320 ohms

Ahh yes, you have the "iem module" on the X7. Too bad the review units didn't also come with the "zen amp module" lol.

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #5,989 of 18,019
This is the exact comparrison I am eagerly waiting for, hopefully will be lots of info out in reasonable time due to the huge interest on here.

So am I, the one I prefer will either be bought or kept, and then will sell the rest. I'll then finally place an order for a custom balanced cable for it.

So stocked the X7 tour rotation's been annouced :D

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #5,990 of 18,019

There is a high and low gain option with PLENTY of head room. For an iem module it packs a ton of power, to even drive my Havi B3 Pro 1 which is stupid hard to drive. 

Niiice! I need all the good news i can get. The less money i am required to spend, the better. Does this mean we probably wont need to get the other module option, will this drive the HD600/650?

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #5,991 of 18,019

7 - perfection! 8 a new beginning < true story. Each Greek letter in the alphabet has a number attached to it, as does the Hebrew alphabet. In Greek, the name "Jesus" equals 888. Satan equals 666. The Greek name for Jesus was transliterated from the Hebrew "Yahsua" < so it was not contrived to be "Ιησούς" in the Greek, it was merely a direct transfer, so the Greek was a transliteration without intent or contrivance, thus not of man for it to be 888, higher power involved. After the seventh day of the week is 'technically' the 8th, a new beginning, of a new week. And knowing that evolution is a complete lie and that we have been here approx 6000 years give or take 20-30 years (Google it if ye doubt), the soon coming 6001th year will start the rest period for earth at the second coming for 1000 years of rest, then the 8th millennium will be a new beginning for all existence.

To me, the FiiO 7X is very auspicious, always for some reason in all tech the 7th model seems to have something extra special in it's performance, that's what i've found. Thus i am very interested to get the FiiO X7, and maybe an updated version of the Sennheiser HD700. Those two together could put me well over the line for the law of diminishing returns, thus i can then rest.

Sorry for this seeming diversion from a completely materialistic take on electronics. Thanks, Zuvio for a very perceptive response to my admittedly somewhat mystical take on numerology and the Fiio X7. Glad there's at least someone else in Head-FiLand that can appreciate the invisible side to daps and electronics. One can always count (pun very much intended) on numbers for truth, so I ask, why not use numbers to tame the wild and wooly territory of philosophy, without which, philosophy becomes mere opinion only b/c lacking grounding in that which can truly root philosophy to something that is the most substantial and scientific basis for understanding what is really true and can be used not only for measuring material things, but for examining the invisible and spiritual side of things. That basis, at its ultimate, any intelligent person would agree, is found in the numbers, which eternally always behave the same in relation to each other, whether a universe is manifest... or not!!!
The yinyang principle pervades the universe. That can be easily provable to those open to such pursuits, and it shows that for everything that can be, the opposite is always present to some degree, so for anything physical, there must be a non-physical... or spiritual presence.
It is obvious to me, judging the attitude of James and others in Fiio, that there is a stronger element of a generous spirituality that is revealed by his intelligent, friendly and kind responses to headfiers' queries that is a rare quality in the materialist world of business. That quality binds me more strongly to the products his company makes. I doubt there would be that much a better dap than the Fiio X7, even though I haven't heard it yet, because my confidence brings me to the other side of any doubt I may have. So, if a better sounding dap does exist, the difference, I'm suggesting here, will not be enough to warrant my choosing that one over the X7.

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #5,992 of 18,019

Niiice! I need all the good news i can get. The less money i am required to spend, the better. Does this mean we probably wont need to get the other module option, will this drive the HD600/650?

Well, I haven't tried the aforementioned cans with the X7 as I don't own them. Here is the thing, I am pretty sure you can get a listenable volume but I don't know if it will drive it to its full potential. This module was named IEM module for a reason :p

Sorry for this seeming diversion from a completely materialistic take on electronics. Thanks, Zuvio for a very perceptive response to my admittedly somewhat mystical take on numerology and the Fiio X7. Glad there's at least someone else in Head-FiLand that can appreciate the invisible side to daps and electronics. One can always count (pun very much intended) on numbers for truth, so I ask, why not use numbers to tame the wild and wooly territory of philosophy, without which, philosophy becomes mere opinion only b/c lacking grounding in that which can truly root philosophy to something that is the most substantial and scientific basis for understanding what is really true and can be used not only for measuring material things, but for examining the invisible and spiritual side of things. That basis, at its ultimate, any intelligent person would agree, is found in the numbers, which eternally always behave the same in relation to each other, whether a universe is manifest... or not!!!
The yinyang principle pervades the universe. That can be easily provable to those open to such pursuits, and it shows that for everything that can be, the opposite is always present to some degree, so for anything physical, there must be a non-physical... or spiritual presence.
It is obvious to me, judging the attitude of James and others in Fiio, that there is a stronger element of a generous spirituality that is revealed by his intelligent, friendly and kind responses to headfiers' queries that is a rare quality in the materialist world of business. That quality binds me more strongly to the products his company makes. I doubt there would be that much a better dap than the Fiio X7, even though I haven't heard it yet, because my confidence brings me to the other side of any doubt I may have. So, if a better sounding dap does exist, the difference, I'm suggesting here, will not be enough to warrant my choosing that one over the X7.

James and Joe has always been awesome with interacting and helping people out on Head-fi. Hence I have a number of their products, I always support awesome companies 

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #5,993 of 18,019

7 - perfection! 8 a new beginning < true story. Each Greek letter in the alphabet has a number attached to it, as does the Hebrew alphabet. In Greek, the name "Jesus" equals 888. Satan equals 666. The Greek name for Jesus was transliterated from the Hebrew "Yahsua" < so it was not contrived to be "Ιησούς" in the Greek, it was merely a direct transfer, so the Greek was a transliteration without intent or contrivance, thus not of man for it to be 888, higher power involved. After the seventh day of the week is 'technically' the 8th, a new beginning, of a new week. And knowing that evolution is a complete lie and that we have been here approx 6000 years give or take 20-30 years (Google it if ye doubt), the soon coming 6001th year will start the rest period for earth at the second coming for 1000 years of rest, then the 8th millennium will be a new beginning for all existence.

To me, the FiiO 7X is very auspicious, always for some reason in all tech the 7th model seems to have something extra special in it's performance, that's what i've found. Thus i am very interested to get the FiiO X7, and maybe an updated version of the Sennheiser HD700. Those two together could put me well over the line for the law of diminishing returns, thus i can then rest.

Zuvio, just to be fair please know that I have asked the forum moderator to remove the religious content. While I respect others right to have faith this isn't in my view an appropriate place for this.

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #5,995 of 18,019
  It takes one to know one. It takes someone awesome to know someone or something awesome, therefore, you RedJohn,  are awesome, my friend!

What if he is secretly twisted and likes to murder people while listening to his DAP? I'll bet you wouldn't think he is so awesome then.

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #5,996 of 18,019
  It takes one to know one. It takes someone awesome to know someone or something awesome, therefore, you RedJohn,  are awesome, my friend!

Thanks broski right back at ya :)

What if he is secretly twisted and likes to murder people while listening to his DAP? I'll bet you wouldn't think he is so awesome then.

I see what you did there, I see you're a fan of The Mentalist as well 
tongue.gif

The best dac/amp I have is the Geek Out V2. It was so good that it was being compared to desktop units. Unfortunately the FiiO X7 flat out DEMOLISHES it in terms of pure DAC performance. I m listening to the new Adele single on spotify. The depth, atmosphere, timbre and soundstage is flawless. I still can't figure out how they make even Spotify sound so good?  What kind of black magic is this?

And that Blue LED looks seriously cool. The X7 has one of the sexiest designs I have seen on a DAP and it truly feels solid in the hand with good heft and weight.

After picking it up from my desk this morning, I was taken back by the weight as I am used to my BlackBerry Z30 and iPod Classic and being metal, the X7 was also a bit cold to the touch haha, works as a nice wake up jolt! The X7 truly feels like a premium product in the hand.  I find it easy to operate the buttons in my pocket as well. I am looking forward to being able to buy different cases for the X7. Hopefully third party case makers will get into the game as the X7 WILL take off in popularity.

Start saving your money boys this is the real McCoy!

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #5,997 of 18,019
this is becoming too cheesy, IM humble oipinion ... I mean this 
"Sorry for this seeming diversion from a completely materialistic take on electronics. Thanks, Zuvio for a very perceptive response to my admittedly somewhat mystical take on numerology and the Fiio X7. Glad there's at least someone else in Head-FiLand that can appreciate the invisible side to daps and electronics. One can always count (pun very much intended) on numbers for truth, so I ask, why not use numbers to tame the wild and wooly territory of philosophy, without which, philosophy becomes mere opinion only b/c lacking grounding in that which can truly root philosophy to something that is the most substantial and scientific basis for understanding what is really true and can be used not only for measuring material things, but for examining the invisible and spiritual side of things. That basis, at its ultimate, any intelligent person would agree, is found in the numbers, which eternally always behave the same in relation to each other, whether a universe is manifest... or not!!!
It is obvious to me, judging the attitude of James and others in Fiio, that there is a stronger element of a generous spirituality that is revealed by his intelligent, friendly and kind responses to headfiers' queries that is a rare quality in the materialist world of business. That quality binds me more strongly to the products his company makes. I doubt there would be that much a better dap than the Fiio X7, even though I haven't heard it yet, because my confidence brings me to the other side of any doubt I may have. So, if a better sounding dap does exist, the difference, I'm suggesting here, will not be enough to warrant my choosing that one over the X7."

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #5,998 of 18,019

Thanks broski right back at ya :)

I see what you did there, I see you're a fan of The Mentalist as well 
tongue.gif

Who me? Wow, now you're totally making me hate on you. The X7 sounds like the bomb. You know what, maybe after a time you can send me your X7, I'll send you my Onkyo and we could both get to hear these killer DAPs. Anyway, really promising that you are loving the X7 so much.

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #5,999 of 18,019
Yeah well, some of us like cheese, no? lol. Would you care for a slice of Gouda? Just wanted to extol my confidence in a company that stands out for its Nobility, just like Noble, from which I am the happy owner of the K10.

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #6,000 of 18,019
  Yeah well, some of us like cheese, no? lol. Would you care for a slice of Gouda? Just wanted to extol my confidence in a company that stands out for its Nobility, just like Noble, from which I am the happy owner of the K10.

I bet the K10 would sound pretty darn good out of the X7!

One thing I also like about the X7 is how finely tuned the volume is. Very easy to modulate the volume to fit the needs of the headphone, with no risk of accidentally blowing out your ear drums (specially for UEIM/CIEM users).

For example, if the volume button is inadvertently held down while the device is in your pocket (with the screen closed) it won't erroneously continually increase the volume, a safety feature to make sure you don't go deaf, thanks to something like car keys pressed up against the volume button! Individual button clicks make it easy to change volume in your pockets :)

However when actually using the device, with the screen on, holding down the volume keys DO continuously increase or decrease the volume, depending on the keys being held down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back