FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 15, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #5,446 of 18,019

What in the world does that even mean?  "Integrated Head-Fi?"  Is Head-Fi an app that I am not aware of?

To elaborate, within the “Support” function on the X7 you’re given links to the FiiO website, offiical FiiO forum as well as the FiiO thread right here on Head-fi where Goodyfresh’s maniacal avatar greets you.  This is huge validation for Head-fi as well as an impressive achievement for FiiO.

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #5,448 of 18,019
wow, it's very interesting to see you guy discuss about hi-res while i am learning information theory and sampling in colledge. and i have a theory that justifies the higher sampling rate in audio and does not violate the nyquist theorem. not trying to stir that up again.

i am eagerly waiting for the first impressions from the x7 tour. it seems that chinese users already got their hands on it, but i have not found much sharings though.

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #5,449 of 18,019
wow, it's very interesting to see you guy discuss about hi-res while i am learning information theory and sampling in colledge. and i have a theory that justifies the higher sampling rate in audio and does not violate the nyquist theorem. not trying to stir that up again.

i am eagerly waiting for the first impressions from the x7 tour. it seems that chinese users already got their hands on it, but i have not found much sharings though.

depended on the feedback from few customers, all the problems belong to firmware issues so we can expect the mass production will  on schdule. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 15, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #5,450 of 18,019
Probably one of the most affordable higher quality specified pieces on the market. No marketting ********, just pure craftmanship.

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #5,452 of 18,019
  To elaborate, within the “Support” function on the X7 you’re given links to the FiiO website, offiical FiiO forum as well as the FiiO thread right here on Head-fi where Goodyfresh’s maniacal avatar greets you.  This is huge validation for Head-fi as well as an impressive achievement for FiiO.

I'll be able to listen to FiiO, watch videos about FiiO, read about FiiO, post about FiiO.... All FiiO all the time!

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #5,453 of 18,019

depended on the feedback from few customers, all the problems belong to firmware issues so we can expect the mass production will  on schdule. 

James, I was wondering how will software updates be handled? Will we have to download it on to the computer first to install it on the X7 via USB or will we get an update prompt on the X7 itself?

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #5,454 of 18,019

James, I was wondering how will software updates be handled? Will we have to download it on to the computer first to install it on the X7 via USB or will we get an update prompt on the X7 itself?

Good question!  Would be great to get OTA updates when wifi on.

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #5,455 of 18,019

They're too busy listening.
L3000.gif

Can't blame them.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #5,457 of 18,019
It is not a P....H....O...N....E. It is a P....H...Oooo...., like no "N"

Lol, are you messing with my English ? I know it is bad, but you are telling me a Phone is not a Phone but a PHO ?

No, I am serious...it is a PHO, and it spells F....Iiiii....ooooo

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #5,458 of 18,019
Why oh why is this otherwise wonderful device so woefully underpowered? Seriously, FiiO, 100Mw at 32ohms? It should be double that. People like me need to play louder and with very dynamic music, more power on tap helps. Now I'm not saying more power makes a night and day difference, but 100Mw is quite low.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but having 800Mw with my E12 makes me expect one 1/4 of that power is possible. Thoughts, comments, am I just demanding? I would pay more for the power, but as it stands I can't invest in the X7 as I would want an amp as well, and that is bulky plus results in cables that short out. I could have sworn that when the X7 design phase began we were promised a stronger amplification section. Perhaps my memory is off?

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #5,459 of 18,019
  Why oh why is this otherwise wonderful device so woefully underpowered? Seriously, FiiO, 100Mw at 32ohms? It should be double that. People like me need to play louder and with very dynamic music, more power on tap helps. Now I'm not saying more power makes a night and day difference, but 100Mw is quite low.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but having 800Mw with my E12 makes me expect one 1/4 of that power is possible. Thoughts, comments, am I just demanding? I would pay more for the power, but as it stands I can't invest in the X7 as I would want an amp as well, and that is bulky plus results in cables that short out. I could have sworn that when the X7 design phase began we were promised a stronger amplification section. Perhaps my memory is off?

I said the exact same thing and everybody proceeded to yell at me for being "ungrateful."
blink.gif

It will be modular with an easily interchangable amp-module, and Fiio will be producing other amp-modules as well.  Issue is, we'll have to buy them separately.

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #5,460 of 18,019
With the X7 now being so wimpy, this perhaps forces me to order the ALO CDM :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back