FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Aug 11, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #4,561 of 18,019
this is another version, which included a mini nuclear batter so the battery life is 100 years. :wink_face:

Wow, that's awesome - I'll take one! How do we get it past customs?

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #4,568 of 18,019
yes, there will have a white list for all the Apps which can be installed in X7.

James, really hope Neutron music player app is compatible. This is arguable the absolute best audiophile music player app available today.

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #4,569 of 18,019
  Well, a commercial DAP is much the same thing in quite a few cases! :wink:

If you can set it up the way you like it with your own phone though, all the more power to you! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed with a caveat. The UI must be slick and stock android. The DAPS's I have had have been terrible with regard to the user interface and UI with things like cropped album art and slow response etc. With a snappy android device and the right Kernel and ROM I do believe an android device with a stripped OS so it is in effect a dedicated media device is the way to go for me anyway.

I seriously doubt I will ever buy another dap. I even sold my trusty iPod 5th gen but will keep my original X3 which will be relegated to portable use.

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #4,573 of 18,019
James, really hope Neutron music player app is compatible. This is arguable the absolute best audiophile music player app available today.

especially with the 10 parametric eq in it

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #4,574 of 18,019
  Agreed with a caveat. The UI must be slick and stock android. The DAPS's I have had have been terrible with regard to the user interface and UI with things like cropped album art and slow response etc. With a snappy android device and the right Kernel and ROM I do believe an android device with a stripped OS so it is in effect a dedicated media device is the way to go for me anyway.

I seriously doubt I will ever buy another dap. I even sold my trusty iPod 5th gen but will keep my original X3 which will be relegated to portable use.

I am with you @oldmate

The size speed beauty and sound with help (still a much lighter solution) is too much to ever go back to a DAP

I think the 1 gig of RAM will be an issue with a droid based device given intensive tasks like album art scrolling and multi tasking.
For the person who said they didn't care much about album art I can assure you that the tour unit will feature reviews with pics of it's sexy screen displaying it's sexiness.

I live in Japan and have never seen another person...ever...at any shop with a rig like mine. You gotta have the rig and the balls to pull plugs and jack in. I used my X5 quite well.
My FiiO reviews have 15,000+ views and they were good reviews. I made 4 custom themes and they are popular custom themes.  I like where FiiO is going but MOAR screen and MOAR RAM on top of their module idea would be awesome.
Future version maybe?

MOAR $$ too 
etysmile.gif

For a 5.7" OMOLED with 3 gigs of RAM and the HiFi internals of a high end X7....I'd pay good money. That would destroy a A&K 380 and if it were 900-1100 bucks I'd buy it. The Note 4 cost me 800 so money is not the prob as FiiO is reasonable as hell.

Effective screen area will be same as iphone 4s...need MOAR!!
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #4,575 of 18,019
  I live in Japan and have never seen another person...ever...at any shop with a rig like mine. You gotta have the rig and the balls to pull plugs and jack in.
My FiiO reviews have 15,000+ views and they were good reviews. I made 4 custom themes and they are popular custom themes.  I like where FiiO is going but MOAR screen and MOAR RAM on top of their module idea would be awesome.
Future version maybe?

MOAR $$ too 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back