FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 16, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #781 of 18,019
I would prefer something like 2.8- 3.0 inches so that there could be more rooms for physical buttons, a bigger screen means no buttons , heavier, less comfortable, battery killer and will be too smartphone like, people need music on a dap , its not supposed to offer picture gallery or video playback and fancy features

+1

P.S. Ah and no Wi-Fi and Blue Tooth even with the APTX! Use that space in PCB for some good audio parts!

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #782 of 18,019
 P.S. Ah and no Wi-Fi and Blue Tooth even with the APTX! Use that space in PCB for some good audio parts!

Unluckily (for those, who don't like and need it, like me) these features have been confirmed to be implemented already. Since they are not marked as "to be decided", right?
One of my major concerns about the forthcoming X7 hardware is USB signal receiver chip used. Obviously, the issue of jitter amount and even the presence of sound coloration (which is reported to be the issue of different chips use) when using X7 as a DAC arises from USB chip implementation and model. I have a strong suspicion that someone has already raised a question of USB chip to be used in X7, but since I haven't read through the whole thread could someone drop me a link to the page with the discussion. I would be much obliged:)
Might be irrelevant to the current thread, but...Does anyone know what USB (USB signal to DAC) chip is used in X5??? 

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #784 of 18,019

Unluckily (for those, who don't like and need it, like me) these features have been confirmed to be implemented already. Since they are not marked as "to be decided", right?
One of my major concerns about the forthcoming X7 hardware is USB signal receiver chip used. Obviously, the issue of jitter amount and even the presence of sound coloration (which is reported to be the issue of different chips use) when using X7 as a DAC arises from USB chip implementation and model. I have a strong suspicion that someone has already raised a question of USB chip to be used in X7, but since I haven't read through the whole thread could someone drop me a link to the page with the discussion. I would be much obliged:)
Might be irrelevant to the current thread, but...Does anyone know what USB (USB signal to DAC) chip is used in X5??? 

I don't know about USB chip model or brand in X5, but in X7 for low jitter they must use a good TCXO clock and for example Tenor or XMOS chip 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #785 of 18,019
I think a touch screen is not good, as it results in a larger screen/larger player making it not as portable. What I am most interested in is the sound quality and UI, forget the fancy features that are not needed. Sound quality at a good price is always preferable to Wifi/Bluetooth etc. An optical digital out would be good so I can plug into Audison incar

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #786 of 18,019
  I don't know about USB chip model or brand in X5, but in X7 for low jitter they must use a good TCXO clock and for example Tenor or XMOS chip 
rolleyes.gif

There is no dedicated USB chip in X5, but there isn't much to worry about jitter anyway as the USB is in async mode when it is used as an USB DAC.

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #787 of 18,019
It would be nice to see HP output < 1ohm or 0.5 ohm

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #788 of 18,019
 There is no dedicated USB chip in X5, but there isn't much to worry about jitter anyway as the USB is in async mode when it is used as an USB DAC

Thank you, ClieOS. Let's hope X7 will have the same good or even better implementation of USB DAC feature. Actually, I read about Tenor or XMOS chips being not very good as opposed to VIA Envy VT1731, for example.

Even 2 inch screen is more than enough! No touchscreen but buttons are fine.  
And such things as wifi, bluetooth on a player are not needed at all! Android is also not a good idea..

Agreed

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #790 of 18,019
  Would be nice if there were two X7 variants (like one with the wireless features and the other without). Still a player to look forward to though!

It won't be pratical at all to have variants, each will cannibalise sales of the other and I guess that they will have a price difference of only $50 to $100, just like for example '' the iphone 5s killed the 5c '' , that would be a total marketing failure
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #791 of 18,019
Not really equivalent, one wouldn't kill the other, you would either buy the one without the frills or if you desire the extras buy that one. With the iPhones it's different, you would always want the quickest more powerful option. No body wants the slower less powerful version iPhone!
Similar for the 'Apple won't make hi-res iPod' because it's to niche, if they made 2 iPod versions, one with better sq and one with lower sq but cheaper which one is going to sell better? No body wants the iPod that sounds sh**ter than another. we would all pay for the better sounding version. How many people have an iPod and lay out £200 for Beats headphones in the hope of improving the sounds? Surely be better paying extra for a better sounding iPod in the first place. Apple will probably get round to it 2 or 3 years when people have realised hi-res is not always better sounding

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #793 of 18,019
Personally I think what ever The Jameinator comes out withvwill be stellar, and all these self proclaimed aidio engineers need to sit back and stut it (and stop harking the same ol ancient ideology as though it's the it of it all)[especially considering whats clearly been decided upon at this point]

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #794 of 18,019
.... I think that Fiio should focus on max $500 to release the future best seller, rising up to 700 bucks is risky , people buy Fiio products instead of others mainly because of the low price tag, as long as it's affordable for everyone.  

Nella

I have a slightly different perspective. Fiio has a history of achieving value for money at every price point.
What I would prefer is that Fiio concentrate on the highest SQ in their "flagship X7" and try to compete on SQ with the likes of the HiFiMAN HM-901 which is $500 more expensive.
Achieving that kind of result would make the X7 seem cheap at $700 (or slightly more!), and an easy buy.
At least it would be for me.

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #795 of 18,019
  Nella

I have a slightly different perspective. Fiio has a history of achieving value for money at every price point.
What I would prefer is that Fiio concentrate on the highest SQ in their "flagship X7" and try to compete on SQ with the likes of the HiFiMAN HM-901 which is $500 more expensive.
Achieving that kind of result would make the X7 seem cheap at $700 (or slightly more!), and an easy buy.
At least it would be for me.

thanks, now there are quite some DAP is over $1,000 usd, so $700 is not an expensive one. BTW, it is hard to make a big difference with X5 if the price set to max $500.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back