FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jun 27, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #482 of 18,019
  And please use an Android OS that is intuitive and fast as the ones in smartphones.

Android OS in Archos devices and iBasso R10 and DX100 are rather slow and quite buggy.

we may use a quad-core Soc which working at max speed @1.8G , of course, it is too early to say how it will works but we will try our best.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 27, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #483 of 18,019

we may use a quad-core Soc which working at max speed @1.8G , of course, it is too early to say how it will works but we will try our best.

Awesome idea. A week ago, I have purchased LG's Optimus F3 cellphone for 99 dollars in the U.S. I can say this 99 dollar device has four times faster and more accurate Android OS than ones in iBasso R10, Archos players and Cowon X7.
Its touchscreen is perfect and its music player is great as well. Also, it can access to wi-fi without a problem.

Don't forget to put a 1/4 inch headphone jack. I'm sure all high end headphone users will love it.
and 5 - 50 khz frequency range should back up high end headphones. Also, a gain control knob would be fantastic.

Jun 28, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #485 of 18,019
  About the touch screen, don't worry about it, cause the OS is based on Android. so the touch control should be promised . also X7 will includes at least 6 bottoms.

buttons, you mean?
beerchug.gif
atsmile.gif

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #487 of 18,019

One more request about its body design.
Please use some kind of aluminum satin body. Gloss finish tends to get lots of scratches. Think about back of iPhone 4. You know it will get tons of scratches within a week or two.
Aluminum satin finish body with flat surface would be perfect for this device.
I would encourage you to include a leather or silicon case as well. 

Don't forget dual micro SD card slots! by 2015, I'm sure there will be a single 256GB micro SD card with faster speed.
Forget about built-in memory.

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #488 of 18,019

You had me at 5000mAh battery, but a quad-core you say. Finally someone who want to make a player powerful enough to actually play all them complex formats, and perform at that! Can't wait to see how this unfolds

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #490 of 18,019
How long we have to wait 'til it's release?

Some time in 2015 is the projected release. I'd guess over a year from now.

Edit: The ETA is listed in the first post.

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #491 of 18,019
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Please use some kind of aluminum satin body. Gloss finish tends to get lots of scratches. Think about back of iPhone 4. You know it will get tons of scratches within a week or two.

You can scratch a satin or anodized aluminium finish too, you know. If you are using the iPhone 4 as your example of scratches, that is not much of an argument. Glass will always be prone to that unless it is very high quality. Those devices do not get scratched that quickly as long as you take care of it.

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #492 of 18,019
  Yeah. Also, please include wi-fi streaming function from PC or portable wi-fi HDD!

A digital music player does not need this. At all. All this would do is add un-needed complexity to the OS and the subsequent device cost would be higher than it needs to be. Look at how much those Astell & Kern players cost. Over $1000 for a portable music player?! Come on now, this is just silly.

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #493 of 18,019

A digital music player does not need this. At all. All this would do is add un-needed complexity to the OS and the subsequent device cost would be higher than it needs to be. Look at how much those Astell & Kern players cost. Over $1000 for a portable music player?! Come on now, this is just silly.

According to the first post, James already decided that it has wifi and it will cost 699usd. Not every companies are as greedy....

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #495 of 18,019
I'm hoping it will have a 3.5 mm HO socket. I think most will be using this on the go with iems and having to use an adapter with the X7 in a pocket would be a big pita and increase risk of damage. Listening with full-size cans likely means a stationary experience (and many will probably use an external amp, too), so I think it is not a big inconvenience to require an adapter for full-sizers. IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back