FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 28, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #332 of 18,019

So just use one with a couple of inches of cable in between the 1/8" plug and 1/4" socket, instead of a solid adapter.

Ahh but that's another piece of the chain to add, and another complication.

I think the X7 should ideally use a balanced output,  Hi Rose and Mini XLR are roughly simmilar in size, it would bring not only sonic benifits but a nice voltage and current swing if they desing the circuit correctly 

May 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #333 of 18,019
Don't really have much interest in balanced-out myself, but if there is one, I'll rather see it in switchable TRRS jack (which do both balanced and single-end signal, with the right internal circuit), similar to that of Hifiman. That way we only need one jack instead of two, and an adapter can be included for those who use the RSA jack.

Of course I am just as happy without any balanced output.

May 30, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #335 of 18,019
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Please use SD card instead of micro SD cards! It would be a bliss if X7 can accommodate two SD cards instead of two micro SD cards.
SD cards are cheaper and have higher capacity. I don't see any reason to prefer micro SD over regular SD.

Also +1, I hate mirco SD cards, I always lose them and they are so darned expensive, and something with a 1/4 jack and the power to drive 600ohm cans would b very cool

+ another one on SD cards over microSD.

I understand why manufacturers use them, "smaller is better" is definitely the prevailing point of view, but I hate the damn things.  Too easy to lose and too expensive.  SD would be amazing.

Yes, I too would definitely want the X7 to use regular SD cards.

As for the X7's appearance, I wouldn't say that it necessarily needs to be "sexy," but it surely ought to look more appealing than the X5. The X5's appearance seems to reek of a Chinese domestic industrial mentality, one that's hardly appropriate elsewhere, including other parts of Asia. Indeed, I was reluctant to take my tour unit outside, since I was rather embarrassed to show it off. Fiio's designers apparently thought it clever to imitate the look of a D.J. turntable. Why? If form follows function, then I think it's better to be smart than clever.

May 30, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #336 of 18,019
I'd recommend other manufacturers to stop using micro SD cards and instead use regular SD cards. 
Regular SD cards are far more advanced than micro SD cards. They're much faster, cheaper and easier to get.
There are more companies manufacturing SD cards than microSD cards. 

May 30, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #337 of 18,019
And SD is bigger so that would be eating at space that could be used for audio circuitry, Especially 2 of them.

:evil: HE he he.... Can't resist playing devil's advocate just a little. :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back