FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Aug 30, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #14,056 of 18,019
  Hi guys does anyone else have noise issues with am1 and am3 and Shure se846 iem's ?

With the fiio balanced cable and am3 module there is so much hiss on the se846 it's very unpleasant.

The same iem on the chord mojo on the same tracks are dead silent.

The same iem when the fiio x7 is docked with the k5 and powered by it is dead silent.

making me think it's the amp section on the fiio x7 that is producing this hiss. The K5 dock has more power than the am1 and am3 but makes no hiss when the fiio x7 is docked and the se846 is connected to it.

The amp sections on the X7 modules are quite powerful and the SE846 is a low impedance high sensitivity iem. This would increase the chances of hearing hiss once the 846 is plugged into any device with a powerful amp section.

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #14,057 of 18,019

Hi, it happens whenever i change cards, i am using a 128gb and 64gb cards from KIngston and Sandisk.

I cannot rescan as the fiio player (music mode) does not activate as it cannot find the music on the card and i do not understand the comment earlier that i should set the x7 to automatically update as it does not appear in any menu i have found (unlike the x5 where it is a menu item)

tha only solution i have found is to reset to factory otherwise the player just sits there without doing anything

thanks

d

The scan-option is in the Fiio app under settings, but if you can't activate it....
frown.gif

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #14,058 of 18,019

Hi, it happens whenever i change cards, i am using a 128gb and 64gb cards from KIngston and Sandisk.

I cannot rescan as the fiio player (music mode) does not activate as it cannot find the music on the card and i do not understand the comment earlier that i should set the x7 to automatically update as it does not appear in any menu i have found (unlike the x5 where it is a menu item)

tha only solution i have found is to reset to factory otherwise the player just sits there without doing anything

thanks

d

The scan-option is in the Fiio app under settings, but if you can't activate it....
frown.gif

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #14,059 of 18,019

magicalmouse,

What kind of SD card are you using? Does the problem happen every time you change the card?

thanks

d

Does it happen when you remove then re-insert the same SD card? 
And is there a "Preparing storage" prompt showing at the upper-left of the screen when you insert a different card? 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 30, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #14,060 of 18,019
  I don't think this will help, as I've never had any files on internal memory before and it worked find until a few days ago.

I will try a factory reset as fiio recommended, if it doesn't help I will give this a try.

I'll report back.

Thanks for the help.

I've done the factory reset and it is working again. I don't need to rescan the database everytime I power the X7 on

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #14,061 of 18,019
Aug 30, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #14,064 of 18,019
Werd!! No need for the bass boost when using v4a. Yes, I actually said that.

Anyone else have issues with V4A? I used it years ago with no problems but when I tried to put it on my X7 it just keeps showing "no processing" during playback or that my drivers arent installed.

Im rooted and downloaded busybox, am I missing anything else? Ive been out of the droid tweaks game a while :p

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #14,065 of 18,019

You have the noise issue also with AM1? some people referred problems with AM3 but those were EMI (like interference from smartphones) and not "hiss". But if you have hiss on AM1 that is more strange, maybe X7 is the source of the problem? Did you have latest FW and did you make a factory reset?

My 2 cents

Yes even with the AM 1. I have the latest FW and I've done several factory resets.

The funny part is when I use the X7 as source and connect it to my mojo there is no hiss.

and also when I dock the x7 on the K5 doc and connect my se846 to the k5 I hear no hiss.

So this makes me believe its the amp section on the x7 which is poor.

And yes what I'm talking about is background hiss.. With Fiio own balance cable on the se846 and am3 the noise is very loud enough to hear in certain parts of certain songs. I hate this :frowning2: and it's ruining the whole x7 experience to a level where I'm thinking of just getting rid of it and buying another phone to couple with my mojo or by an ak dap.

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #14,066 of 18,019

it's not necessarily the *amount* of bass, it's also the ease and convenience of just hitting a switch to boost your bass rather than going into settings of multiple apps-for me switching between a lot of different headphones I can go from a pair of Oppo PM-1's to Ether C with just a flick of the switch. 

That's awesome, I respect your preference.

For me, I far prefer the sound quality and range of choice I get from an EQ system compared to a simple "on/off" switch.

Convenience might be your thing, but range of choice is mine. 

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #14,067 of 18,019

And yes what I'm talking about is background hiss.. With Fiio own balance cable on the se846 and am3 the noise is very loud enough to hear in certain parts of certain songs. I hate this :frowning2: and it's ruining the whole x7 experience to a level where I'm thinking of just getting rid of it and buying another phone to couple with my mojo or by an ak dap.

what if you plug in a IEM that has higher impedance and lower sensitivity rating? Would you still hear the same level of hiss?

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #14,069 of 18,019
Where did I go wrong? I bought an X7 and an AM3 plus the HiFiMan  balanced cable for my HD  headphones. Assemble. No right channel. Switch plugs. Right works. Switch back, Nope. Where did I go wrong?

FiiO uses the 2.5mm Astell&Kern balanced configuration, which has a different pin out and size from 3.5mm HiFiMan balanced connection. Are you plugging in to the single ended 3.5mm port?

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #14,070 of 18,019
Werd!! No need for the bass boost when using v4a. Yes, I actually said that.

Anyone else have issues with V4A? I used it years ago with no problems but when I tried to put it on my X7 it just keeps showing "no processing" during playback or that my drivers arent installed.

Im rooted and downloaded busybox, am I missing anything else? Ive been out of the droid tweaks game a while :p
install v4a drivers then restart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back