FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 5, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #2,266 of 18,019
It's been June-ish (middle of 2015) since the start.  It was said again a week or two ago.

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can- If you ask for information, and someone gives it, say "thank you."  If you are unsure of the information given you, don't say thank you but go looking for it yourself.  Saying you haven't seen it is clear, because you asked the question in the first place.  You asked, I responded.  It's a social interaction.  Your response makes me not want to respond to you any more.  In effect, your response was rude.  

Just saying.

I don't see where Clayman80 had asked anything. You really need to get off your high horse and stop being so precious. You're ruining this thread.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #2,267 of 18,019
stefsuij-  He asked

"Hmm, I was almost hell-bent to get the X5 ASAP (probably along with E12A since that also helps the SQ a little) but it seems the X7 may not be a too distant future now so I will probably sit back and wait a little while till it arrives.   EDIT: OK, according to the post at http://www.head-fi.org/t/713735/x7-the-flagship-dap-from-fiio-updated-on-15-12-2014/900#post_10973066 , it appears the X7 is not so close after all. Unless there is a more exact estimate I don't know..."

To which I responded

"Juneish"

To which he responded

"Would be nice if it was indeed so but so far I haven't seen this estimate anywhere else. I might even postpone my getting the X5/E12A, although it would be really hard. 
biggrin.gif
"

Which to me seems a bit rude, as he asked and I answered.  My horse is not high.  He asked for an answer, I furnished it, and then he basically said my answer was not found anywhere else so clearly my help was unwanted or unwelcome or incorrect.  June is quite close to an exact answer, as that is what James has been saying (though if there are production or software issue it may get pushed back).  

So, based on basic rules of civility (and yes, I know we are on the internet) I felt he was a bit rude.  And, as I said, either say thanks or ignore my response.  OK, no problem.  But he didn't do that.  He posted back as above.

So far HE has not responded.  I'm a bit perplexed as to why you are posting in his defense.

Oh, and I took a look at your posts.  Funny, you asked a question on the DX50 thread in June of 2014 and I spent a fair amount of time writing out a detailed answer to help you remove Rockbox software from your device.    

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #2,268 of 18,019
Before this possibly goes off on another 'tangent' - I can see both sides - and it appears to be a misunderstanding.

@clayman80 's post indeed did make comment about X7 timing - about 4 days ago

@olddude 's post was actually a few days later and answering @originalsnuffy

OldDude;

Can you point to the thread where James says the hardware is frozen, and what James or his team says is the final hardware spec?

Then in the meantime @clayman80 posted again - quoting @olddude 's "Juneish" reply - which actually wasn't originally directed to him.

So a misunderstanding - maybe we can all chill and stop the talk about "ruining threads" etc 
smile.gif

I've been guilty enough in the past with getting into a spat on the thread with someone else recently - so I know how easily it is to take something out of context 
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #2,269 of 18,019
It's been June-ish (middle of 2015) since the start.  It was said again a week or two ago.

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can- If you ask for information, and someone gives it, say "thank you."  If you are unsure of the information given you, don't say thank you but go looking for it yourself.  Saying you haven't seen it is clear, because you asked the question in the first place.  You asked, I responded.  It's a social interaction.  Your response makes me not want to respond to you any more.  In effect, your response was rude.  

Just saying.

Sorry, I did not mean it that way. I should have worded it differently.

So, first of all, thanks for that bit of info, olddude. It was just that I did check quite a few posts by James but haven't seen any mention of anything about a release date.

Thanks again.

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #2,270 of 18,019
No prob, clayman.  Sorry for any misunderstanding..  

And thank, Brooko.

Oh, and James posted about a hopeful release date not too long ago.  But, as I said, take it with a grain of salt, as things happen during production that aren't foreseen.  I hope we have a nice summer surprise and the X7 comes out in mid June to early July.  

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #2,271 of 18,019

I don`t think that you have ever given me any apology. 
frown.gif

wink.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #2,273 of 18,019
]

updated on 7st, Nov, 2014

1, Dimension:  128*16*64mm

2, Screen:  3.97 inch full touch IPS

3, Battery life: > 8 hours

4, Battery: 3700mAh.

5, Hardware buttons: power, play/pause, previous/next, volume+/- and one secret bottom. 

6, Input/Output interface:

Micro SD slot  X 2

Micro USB X 1, ( As docking connector too cause we used 11 pins Micro USB )

3.5mm Line Out/ Coaxial output

Headphone out X 1, the output jack will change from 3.5mm output jack, 4 pin balanced output ( same as ALO/RSA ), depended on the headphone amp module .

7, Build in Memory: 16 or 32 GB depended on the cost when it is released .

8, Wifi/Bluetooth support.

9, DAC: ESS9018 X 1,  ESS9018 already includes 8 channels DAC so it does not need 2 DAC chips.

10, OP and Buf for AMP, depended on headphone amp module. 

11, Output power and power supply: depend on the amp module.   
  12, Soc: RK3188

13, Build in Memory: 32GB

14, RAM: 1GB

I have been in contact with consumers a lot ever since we stepped into the music player industry. The most impressive thing is that everyone got a dream player in mind, from function to OPAMP, DAC and display, etc.  Meanwhile, we are also on the planning stage for some future high-end products, then why not we creating an ideal music player together, not only for FiiO, but for all the consumers.

No doubt this gonna be a very interesting thing, and we would try our best to seek all the possibilities to meet the demands from all of you. In case of any disagreements, we would start a vote to find out the best solution (PS. This activity would open to audiophiles all over the world, so we would coordinate the voting from users in China mainland as well).

Someone out there would doubt it to be unscientific or unserious, but HiFi is all about entertainment and to keep everyone happy, right? Rather than making profits, the main target of us in designing high-end players is to challenge ourselves to realize the dream of us and all the audiophiles.

Meanwhile, there would be some consumers claim that our X3 and X5 are not perfect enough, and will it be irresponsible to talking of dream device at this stage? Here I want to make a few explanations as follows:

1. Now we are only talk about this program in paper, our R&D staff will only get involved after the final design had been confirmed.

2. I’ve been in the process of recovering, so all the interaction would be in charge by me, which won’t affect the operation of the company. And actually, I am not responsible for any detailed daily work of our company, so please be rest assured.

updated on 3st, May, 2014

Here we have some decision about our new flagship portable DAP as below.

Model NO. X7

ETA: 2015

M.S.R.P:   $699 in U.S

OS: Custom OS based on Android, can supports some third party APP from our website.

Weight: Less than 300g

Size: thickness will be almost the same as X5 , the other size is almost the same as 5 inch Android Phone.

Screen: 3.5 inch ~ 4.3 inch Full Touch Screen. To be decided.

Key layout: Full touch control+ Bottoms+ Volume Knobs

Output power: > 300mW/32 ohms, Power supply: +/- 6V ~ +/-11 V  . To be Decided.

Playtime: 10 hours

Battery: Build in Battery.

Data transfer: USB 2.0 ( Micro USB), WiFi

Blue Tooth: YES , supports APTX

DAC chip: ESS9018 , not ESS9018M2K, The ES9018 includes 8 channels DAC which means it is equal to 4 X ESS9018M2K

Enclosure: Metal

Build in memory: To be decided.

Extra Memory: Micro SD slot X 2

Accessory : Leather Case X 1,  Micro USB cable X 1, 

One of the rending design picture of x7

Note this design had been denied  cause I am not satisfy with it .

699 dollar and 699 Euro in EU?

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #2,274 of 18,019

And thank, Brooko.

Oh, and James posted about a hopeful release date not too long ago.  But, as I said, take it with a grain of salt, as things happen during production that aren't foreseen.  I hope we have a nice summer surprise and the X7 comes out in mid June to early July.  
they don't have to hurry, based on their experience they should be able to produce a hassle free unit where i can use Wimp / Tidal streaming and with at least 128 GB.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #2,275 of 18,019
Look what Sony has done :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIAoE-DoJdU

The new NW-ZX2 (1200$)

Soo Fiio..seems like You are better in every aspect for almost half the price.

And as You see there is a lot of Room for the X9 :)

Speaking of the x9..can i have a 6,3mm jack and a remote?

cheers

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #2,276 of 18,019
Jan 6, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #2,277 of 18,019
Look what Sony has done :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIAoE-DoJdU

The new NW-ZX2 (1200$)

Soo Fiio..seems like You are better in every aspect for almost half the price.

And as You see there is a lot of Room for the X9 :)

Speaking of the x9..can i have a 6,3mm jack and a remote?

cheers

Sony NW-ZX2 = huge fail. I would never EVER want my player to "upsample everything" as they state in the video. Terrible, terrible idea.

Edit: Plus, I hate it how they say "up until now you've been missing out on the quality as the artist intended it". It's like they are the only ones that ever thought of this idea. I hate Sony's marketing schills.

Edit 2: Second chassis that's gold plated for "rigidity.......... !!" LOL

Edit 3: 60hrs playback! What's the output power, 6mW per side?

Edit 4: I'm being harsh on Sony and haven't actually heard the ZX1. I just hate the way they come across in their marketing and proprietary tech.

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #2,278 of 18,019
Sony NW-ZX2 = huge fail. I would never EVER want my player to "upsample everything" as they state in the video. Terrible, terrible idea.

Edit: Plus, I hate it how they say "up until now you've been missing out on the quality as the artist intended it". It's like they are the only ones that ever thought of this idea. I hate Sony's marketing schills.

Edit 2: Second chassis that's gold plated for "rigidity.......... !!" LOL

Edit 3: 60hrs playback! What's the output power, 6mW per side?

Edit 4: I'm being harsh on Sony and haven't actually heard the ZX1. I just hate the way they come across in their marketing and proprietary tech.

Zx-2 is a little disappointing to me since it doesnt have native dsd nor dxd support, no balance output and probably would only sound its best with PHA-3 bcos of the articifial s-master. As such, it will lose the portability, long battery life (think PhA-3 cant be used when charging) and value for money (close to ak240 if purchase the pha-3 as well).
A good looking device though.

Jan 6, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #2,279 of 18,019
Zx-2 is a little disappointing to me since it doesnt have native dsd nor dxd support, no balance output and probably would only sound its best with PHA-3 bcos of the articifial s-master. As such, it will lose the portability, long battery life (think PhA-3 cant be used when charging) and value for money (close to ak240 if purchase the pha-3 as well).
A good looking device though.

Agree. It just seems like it's a sheep in wolfs clothing being marketed as a tiger.

The ZX1 apparently has 15mW @16 Ohm output power and although this isn't the only spec to determine good sound it certainly is low. Using capacitors to give better dynamics when required can only go so far in my opinion.

I've read reviews that the ZX1 is a little better than the clip+ or a tablet and for the price of the ZX2 I would expect(demand) much more than a pretty package and GUI (although nice) to justify the price.

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #2,280 of 18,019

I'm sorry, but this statement misses the mark on how ALL DACs work these days. In fact, the ES9018S used in the X7 is the most "upsampling" of all DAC chips, and most of the time it upsamples (aka interpolate) to 1.536 MHz before D/A conversion via its 6th order Sigma-Delta modulators. Sigma-Delta DACs "upsample" as an integral part of their noise shaping functionality.

The product manager guy is basically talking nonsense in the video --- he's referring to the DSEE HX, which is nothing more than a resampler and equalizer with 24-bit precision, along with an extrapolation algorithm that "predicts" a resampling of 44.1 kS/s rates to 192 kS/s rates out to the theoretical Nyquist frequency of 96 kHz rather than 22.05 kHz. The DSEE can be turned off, BTW.

The ZX2, and the ZX1, and the F880, and the A10, all use the S-Master HX, which is a PWM DAC, and is more similar to the PS Audio Direct DSD DAC and NuForce DDA100 than anything else. Unfortunately, this also means, because of ultrasonic noise and noise floor modulation, PWM DACs essentially top out at 16-17 bits of resolution, and that just doesn't convey the whole purpose of high-resolution audio. THAT's the reason why the Sony Walkman players are a fail. But personally, I find the technology promising, and eventually they'll overcome the performance challenges.

With all that being said, the X7 is clearly a far better value, but don't trash Sony when you don't understand what's really going on. I'm sure even James has upmost respect for what Sony is doing.

Zx-2 is a little disappointing to me since it doesnt have native dsd nor dxd support, no balance output and probably would only sound its best with PHA-3 bcos of the articifial s-master. As such, it will lose the portability, long battery life (think PhA-3 cant be used when charging) and value for money (close to ak240 if purchase the pha-3 as well). A good looking device though.

Native DSD support is a farce these days. Sony's implementation actually comes much closer to true DSD conversion than anything else (more purist than the way ESS does it, actually), but PWM DACs just suck at DNR performance, and so there's no real point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back