FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 20, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #17,807 of 18,019
another part of my message was not posted? or u r ignoring it on purpose?
Well you haven’t answered any of my requests for facts yet ....

But if you mean this
Another thread was about letting users set PowerAmp or Neutron as default player in PureMusic mode... u know the answer right?
You know what licences mean right? So FiiO have developed their own app, and now you want them to have the option of replacing Pure Music with Neutron - meaning extra cost in licensing. And you can’t set either of those apps in Pure Music mode. Pure Music is their app. If you mean what I suggested (replacing their app with another) - why would they. More fees. No control over development (if something goes wrong they are in the gun). And then what about the 60-70% of users who wouldn’t like the Neutron interface?

You really haven’t thought this through - have you?

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #17,808 of 18,019
Try it in Adobe Premiere, Aftereffects, Audition, with 192/24 delay is about 0.2s... but u can't use those setting for ANY pro software... all sound/music is 44...
I really don't care about problems on all those OTHERS daps... my problem is ****ty fiio with ****ty software...

As I said before now it's gone and I can't be more happy with my new DAC...
So why are you still here?

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #17,811 of 18,019
Yeah supper happy with my x7 and x7mk2 :ksc75smile:

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #17,812 of 18,019
U kidding right? ANY android phone has an option to set 3rd party app as HOME APP... and it's free... Just let users to set home app? how much deas it cost?

So now with all those problems that users have they are not in the gun?

It’s not an Android phone though - right. And with their DAP, there is the issue of bypassing the SoC to get the true resolution of the DAC. Unless the other apps are configured, you’re left with a mess. But you still did not answer my other objections (so who is ignoring who).

Look - it’s obvious that you had issues with your own personal use. It’s obvious that “some” users felt the same way. But in conversation here, it’s clear you have no real idea about actual implementation issues, licensing issues etc. you talk about open source, yet don’t understand the GPL and all it entails. What I was objecting to (and still object to) is how you label FiiO as the bad guys, and claim they are intentionally delivering poor product, and laughing all the way to the bank. Until you understand the limitations of the suggestions you’re making, you’ll never see the point I’ve made.

It’s not FiiO, and I think you’re being very unfair with your accusations. But you’ve sold the device anyway. Good luck with whatever you’ve moved to. If it’s Android based (DAP) I think you’re going to have to make similar compromises with whatever you use. Nature of the beast .....

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #17,813 of 18,019
To put some more oil in the fire I feel this might simply be a „half full glass“ versus „half empty glass“ issue.
I am very happy with my half full glass meaning I have a fully working player to play my music collection in a quality I have never (in a mobile form) experienced before. Everything on top is nice but not really important.
Others seem to be completely pis.... about the missing half. So be it.
I just feel sorry for the ones having sold their X7s for a bargain price to me. Either they gave up on the idea of a very good dap or the may have found it somewhere else but paid three times the price.
I am extremely happy with my X7s and btw also very happy with the FW updates and the super and quick respondibg friendly FiiO support.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #17,814 of 18,019
Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #17,815 of 18,019
U kidding right? ANY android phone has an option to set 3rd party app as HOME APP... and it's free... Just let users to set home app? how much does it cost?

So now with all those problems that users have they are not in the gun?
I just use autostart app to start Neutron player on boot. Neutron Player plays all my Hi-Rez music in native resolution and works 100% better then Fiio's junky flaky player. Also Neutron can play networked files via SMB or DLNA. It also has replay gain and gapless works without any clicking. If FIIO could make there player anything close to Neutron then I might switch back however I don't think they are capable of that.

Mar 26, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #17,816 of 18,019
It’s not an Android phone though - right. And with their DAP, there is the issue of bypassing the SoC to get the true resolution of the DAC. Unless the other apps are configured, you’re left with a mess. But you still did not answer my other objections (so who is ignoring who).

Look - it’s obvious that you had issues with your own personal use. It’s obvious that “some” users felt the same way. But in conversation here, it’s clear you have no real idea about actual implementation issues, licensing issues etc. you talk about open source, yet don’t understand the GPL and all it entails. What I was objecting to (and still object to) is how you label FiiO as the bad guys, and claim they are intentionally delivering poor product, and laughing all the way to the bank. Until you understand the limitations of the suggestions you’re making, you’ll never see the point I’ve made.

It’s not FiiO, and I think you’re being very unfair with your accusations. But you’ve sold the device anyway. Good luck with whatever you’ve moved to. If it’s Android based (DAP) I think you’re going to have to make similar compromises with whatever you use. Nature of the beast .....

To be fair the FIIO player app is pretty bad and it has many complaints. FIIO does make good hardware for the money however there software has a lot to be desired for. I, like many has had issues with FIIO players that use the android OS. I don't think they will ever fix their broken player app. It's been over 2 years with the X7 and it has gotten worse, not better as far as it working and the features promised. Simple things like DLNA and repay gain still is non-functioning not to mention the poor sorting of the music and all the crashing. It's too bad because FIIO could make a top high end player if they left the software up to someone who knew how to properly code.

Last edited:
May 19, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #17,819 of 18,019
I'm wondering if anyone can help me here. I haven't been using my X7 regularly, so I'm not exactly sure when this problem started. But I'm having a problem where the Fiio Music player is no longer sorting my music in chronological order. Instead it sorts all songs alphabetically. This includes albums sorted by Artist, Album, and Genre. The only option is Folder sorting thats working correctly. But I used to be able to sort in chronological order in Album and Artist view. I've already tried resetting the database and reloading the music, but that didn't work.
I'm using firmware 3.3.4 and the Fiio Music app is version 3.4.0.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

May 19, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #17,820 of 18,019
I'm wondering if anyone can help me here. I haven't been using my X7 regularly, so I'm not exactly sure when this problem started. But I'm having a problem where the Fiio Music player is no longer sorting my music in chronological order. Instead it sorts all songs alphabetically. This includes albums sorted by Artist, Album, and Genre. The only option is Folder sorting thats working correctly. But I used to be able to sort in chronological order in Album and Artist view. I've already tried resetting the database and reloading the music, but that didn't work.
I'm using firmware 3.3.4 and the Fiio Music app is version 3.4.0.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Dear friend,

Please try to update the FiiO Music to FW3.4.1 first:
FW3.4.1: http://fiio-file.fiio.net/FiiO Music3.4.1.apk
Manual update
a. Set the player to storage mode and connect to computer, drag the downloaded FiiO Music (.apk) to the internal storage of your player.
b. Disconnect the connection and enter ES file manager, find the FiiO Music app in internal_sd and click install.

When the FiiO Music is successfully installed, you could go to FiiO Music>Setting>About APP>FiiO Music VXXX and find out the version of the app, for example FiiO Music V3.4.1

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back