FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 19, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #17,793 of 18,019
In general my X7 was paired wiht my K5 as external DAC for my mac.

Constant freezes. I'm under mac and with K5 amp I need to reboot my amp and player each time I'm rebooting my mac in order to X7 appear in my system as a sound device.
In any video there was sound/video lag... lover is bit-depth bigger is delay...
No Unicode in filenmaes and tags. Anyway, this was just a piece of junk about software... Hardware was pretty decent.

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #17,794 of 18,019
Finally sold it. FIIO never again..

I keep reading these messages everywhere in forums or feedbacks. There must be some thruth in it. Fact is: Especially people from the Mac (you, I don't know) world are used to a just perfectly working environment with no fiddeling around or workarounds to make it work.
People like me profit from that. This way I was able to purchase my first X7 used for less than half the price. Most likely otherwise I would not have upgraded from X5. I don't ever have to high expectations and in any kind of complex computer/software combination. And a multifunctional streaming DAP based on Android clearly is a very complex matter. Understanding that I don't mind to play around with it until I find my way to live with the situation until a better FW comes around. Even if that means for some time I can only use pure music mode with local files. And even when an X7 seems to have ruined one my sd card. What can you expect for this price? Apple prices for Apple software perfection. But the hardware is on Apple level and that is something!
Having bought 4 X7/AM3 combos over the time, most X7 from FW older or equal to 2.0 from I cannot be more happy. There is one at hand wherever I am (I know they are portable but I don't want to carry them around) and perfect music reproduction is permanently with me.
But I guess FiiO did indeed - as often stated - promise to much. I work at a software develeping company myself and know this is never a good idea.
FiiO has a lot of potential. Software is getting on a good level now and they seem to know how to make great hardware. So I will stay to be a FiiO fan and cannot wait to once buy an X9 maybe on the level of AK320 ... :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #17,796 of 18,019
Finally sold it. FIIO never again...
Your loss - good luck with whatever else you try. I would have suggested smartphone +Q5. Best of all worlds .....

Mar 20, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #17,797 of 18,019
Problem is not that they promised too much... problem is they are too greedy. Just make this ****ty software open source and users would create BEST software out there... but the just don't give a #$ about users...
Problem is that users expect everyone to be having the same issues they are - then blame it on FiiO. Check cables. Check MAC set-up. Don’t you think if problem was prevalent you would see literally thousands of complaints?

Have no issues with Windows - and I know my Linux issues are my distro’s (I need to go back to pure Debian).

What cheeses me off is people with no idea of where the issues lie (eg troubleshoot your set-up) blaming FiiO and worse, calling them greedy with no proof. Try working with them and see how well their people try to troubleshoot releases. They are not perfect, but their people genuinely try. Ever wonder why you were banned? Suggest answer is self evident

Mar 20, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #17,798 of 18,019
Problem is that users expect everyone to be having the same issues they are - then blame it on FiiO. Check cables. Check MAC set-up. Don’t you think if problem was prevalent you would see literally thousands of complaints?

Have no issues with Windows - and I know my Linux issues are my distro’s (I need to go back to pure Debian).

What cheeses me off is people with no idea of where the issues lie (eg troubleshoot your set-up) blaming FiiO and worse, calling them greedy with no proof. Try working with them and see how well their people try to troubleshoot releases. They are not perfect, but their people genuinely try. Ever wonder why you were banned? Suggest answer is self evident
Lol... All i can say... Go to their forum and check for all those problems that me and all the rest of us has. ANY problem was addressed?

Tidal ? Fix was found by random forum users.
crappy WiFi? Still l no fix since 1.8
Delay in audio with video? Since they introduced dac in 2.0
No working Unicode? Since 1.8
Mess with sd cards... Since 1.8
Mess with big music collection scan? Since 2.0
Random problems playing flacs... While anyany andrAnd player doing it flawlessly on the same device... Since 1.8
Dsd support in dac mode?

Should i go on?

Ok. I get it.. all u need from this player is to play your 10 mp3 albums... But some users expect functionality for 700$

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #17,799 of 18,019
I would like to talk about micro sd cards as a member talks about earlier.
I own an 400 gb card.

When i connect directly the fiio to my computer (with the "official" câble), it is impossible to transfert files on the sd card.
When i want to copy / move files directly on the ES explorer on the fiio, from the internal storage to the external (still the 400 gb cards), it is impossible.

The only way to put music files on the 400 Go is to move out the sd card from the fiio and put it on a sd card adaptater directly on the computer.
And important notice, i keep the fiio x7 shut down when i remove / put the sd card.

After i make library refresh. Sometimes it could bug, so i must put my sd card on the computer to repair it via Windows.
But now it seems to be less often. And i admit that at the beginning (i have the DAP since january this year), i was too Quick and "brutal" with the DAP.

To have no problems (or less) with transfert and refresh library, we must take our time lol

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #17,800 of 18,019
Ok. I get it.. all u need futo this player is to play your 10 mp3 albums... But some users expect functionality for 700$
Like I suggested - attitude .......

Actually I have around 450 albums - mix of Flac, DSD etc. On the FiiOs I run mostly AAC now as for me - I already know it’s transparent for my hearing. As for your list.

Most Android based DAPs have the Tidal stutter error - check Cayin etc. Android issue, not FiiO specific.
WiFi - what did you expect, again most Android based dedicated DAPs are poorer than smartphone counterparts due to volume of sales and associated budget restrictions
Delay in video with audiob- assume you mean as a dac with PC. Common to most DAPs and again seems to prevalent with android devices. Try upsampling to 192/24

Like I said - most of the things you are describing are not just FiiO. But don’t let that get in the way of a good rant :wink:

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #17,801 of 18,019
Try upsampling to 192/24

Try it in Adobe Premiere, Aftereffects, Audition, with 192/24 delay is about 0.2s... but u can't use those setting for ANY pro software... all sound/music is 44...
I really don't care about problems on all those OTHERS daps... my problem is crappy fiio with crappy software...

As I said before now it's gone and I can't be more happy with my new DAC...

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #17,803 of 18,019
And u pointing me to my attitude? Need a mirror?
Please give direct evidence of their greed. Not your interpretation - facts and figures.

As to my comment, “if the boot fits ........”

Suggest you either ignore me from now on, or take it to PM.

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #17,804 of 18,019
Evidence is that there is a thread on the official forum were users asked fiio to make that X7 software open source... so people can fix all those problems... and never ever go back to fiio sofware... but the reply is ... sry :) we gonna keep pushing buggy updates that never fix old bugs but adds new and u gonna eat this...

Another thread was about letting users set PowerAmp or Neutron as default player in PureMusic mode... u know the answer right?

Good enough?

I'm fine with this conversation unless u gonna respect me and my experience with already not my x7

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #17,805 of 18,019
They can’t open source it - too many issues with proprietary software and licenses for the actual Android implementation. I used to develop for a Linux distribution - so I’m aware of how many hoops you have to go through to be compliant with the GPL. Please list other major DAP manufacturers who have open sourced theirs.

Again - facts rather than conjecture perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back