Fiio X7 Australia / New Zealand Tour Thread
Oct 20, 2015 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42
Hi everyone.

This thread is to track the Fiio X7 review units while they zip around Australia & New Zealand, and provide an area for feedback and to link your reviews.

TOUR PARTICIPANTS

Participants in the tour, and tour order is as follows:

NEW ZEALAND
  1. Brooko - Paul - Invercargill NZ - review posted 
  2. daduy - Yudi - Wellington NZ - review posted
  3. Ade-hall - Adrian - Porirua, NZ - review posted
  4. 62ohm – Rizki – Auckland, NZ - impressions posted
  5. piksnz - Sayan – Auckland, NZ - review posted
  6. NZtechfreak – Murray, Auckland, NZ- review pending

AUSTRALIA
  1. Djvkool – Vic – Perth WA - review posted
  2. fnkcow - Kevin - Perth WA - review posted
  3. Loquah - Lachlan - Melbourne VIC - review posted
  4. Emptymt - Michael - Melbourne Vic- review posted
  5. T.R.A.N.C.E. - Shoghi - Casey, ACT- review posted
  6. no5ey - Noah - Sydney NSW- review posted
  7. angelo898 - Fook - Sydney, NSW- review posted
  8. intlsubband - Guy - Sydney NSW- review posted

TOUR RULES

• Treat the gear with respect.  I know you will - but stating it up front.
  • On receipt of unit, you need to advise (in this thread), then take around 7 days (no more than 7 please) to listen to and thoroughly test the X7. During (or at the completion of) your time with the X7 - feel free to post impressions in this thread - then also post a review of the X7 in the X7 product page.
  • At the completion - you send the X7 (carefully packaged) to the next person on the tour. At the very least, the package should be tracked.
  • You will need to supply your own SDXC card
  • At the completion of the tour - the X7 Australian unit needs to be returned to Vic, and the NZ tour unit to me.  If this changes, I'll let you know.

If you have any questions - please let me know via PM or in this thread.

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 42
Oct 21, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 42
I'm here for the Jimmy Barnes concert.

Barnesy is a legend - The Best of Cold Chisel is an album that I listen to quite a lot, and their track Flame Trees is one of my sibilance track test...

bigsmile_face.gif

Thank you Brooko for organising this tour, you are a legend mate!!

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #7 of 42
Aussie one is on it's way, and NZ one hopefully in transit tomorrow.  Pretty excited about trying this one!

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #10 of 42
NZ X7 has arrived.  It is .... impressive.

Impressions when I get a chance to form some :)

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #13 of 42
Passing on the OZ tour unit to @fnkcow today after work

I'm leaving Spotify and Tidal installed in, but I have logged out, if you guys don't have any Tidal account, they have a 30 days trial which I recommend you guys take it up when receiving your unit, and hear how good FLAC streaming is, as Tidal is the only service that offers FLAC streaming in Australia (Deezer does too, but only through Sonos

These 2 are the only services that I can install under the current fw, I've tried Deezer, Pandora, Souncloud, RadioTunes, DI.FM, etc but all failed, if you want to have a go in finding the other .apk's, feel free to, but be careful that there are a lot of dodgy apk's with malware and virus, best way is to use your PC to download them, scan with AV, then upload to the X7 to be installed

enjoy 
beerchug.gif

EDIT - looks like Fiio has released a new beta firmware that opens up the policy for other services to be installed, however Google Play is still problematic.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #15 of 42
What is this jigga likely to retail for over here in the land of the strong dollar?

I heard the mojo yesterday and I need to call back today to confirm my order but also keen on this. Hrm

Call @billymav from Noisy Motel, I think he will be one of the first ones in OZ to sell X7, he's a top bloke so I'm sure he'll look after you if you want to pre-order 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back