Fiio X5iii Custom Kernel and Scripts | 2016MHz CPU | 20% RAM increase | Undervolting | New DAC drivers | and much more
Sep 21, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #514 of 575
I realize this isn't the replace battery thread, however some of you have done so. My new battery has 3 leads, black/red/yellow. The original battery is just soldered into TP1 & TP2. Any tips on which one gets what color lead?

Sep 21, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #515 of 575
I am using fidelizer rom on my x5iii, should I switch to this one or just carry on. Even the battery of my x5iii doest last much long, any leads on replacement batteries pls

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #516 of 575
Hi everybody!

I need some help. Like i wrote on the official x5 iii thread, my situation is that after tinkering with the player, i have removed all google services, all players and have wiped accidentally the internal sd memory.

At the moment the player functions as a USB Dac, and alternatively i can see the storage on my pc.

It does not go to bootload mode.

Is there any way to install the custom kernel and scripts on the player besides the bootloader and the usb tool.

Please help i have very limited idea of how to do these things.

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #517 of 575
Hi everybody!

I need some help. Like i wrote on the official x5 iii thread, my situation is that after tinkering with the player, i have removed all google services, all players and have wiped accidentally the internal sd memory.

At the moment the player functions as a USB Dac, and alternatively i can see the storage on my pc.

It does not go to bootload mode.

Is there any way to install the custom kernel and scripts on the player besides the bootloader and the usb tool.

Please help i have very limited idea of how to do these things.
PM'd

Oct 2, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #518 of 575
Ok i managed to install custom kernel FiiO-X5iii-jkbuha-V3.41-TWRP-MULTI at last.

I could not get into bootloader mode because the key to do this while connecting the usb cable was the PAUSE key and not the back key.

Since i have accidentally wiped out all Google services, play store ect, can someone tell me which versions APK to download? i have tried a few for android 5,0 but none seem to work.

Do i need only Google play services and Google Play store or do i need anything else?

All help appreciated!!!

Oct 2, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #519 of 575
Google Play Store:
GPStore.png

Google Play Services:
GPServices.png

Google Services Framework:
GPServicesFramework.png

Google Account Manager:
GoogleAccountManager.png

These are the required Google-centric apps for Google Play Store to work, in addition to Download Manager.

Now that you know the key combination required for your player to enter bootloader mode, I'd recommend just installing the 1.2.3 stock firmware update.img using the firmware upgrade tool, and then re-installing TWRP and custom kernel. You're welcome to find these versions of google apps but YMMV!

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #520 of 575
Wow!!! Thanks a million!!!!!!! i am getting on it now and will post my progress!!

Oct 3, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #521 of 575
Ok! The whole of Saturday was Fiio X5iii day...

I tried to find the versions of Google services you showed me, but it turns out that the version o Google Play services 7.5.73 (1976294-434) is not available for download anywhere and no other version (at least the dozen or so i tried) do not work and constantly stop.

So i did in the end what you so wisely suggested, and reflashed the unit with Fidelizer 1.2.3 and then on top of it the Custom Kernel Jkhuba 3.41.

The fidelizer install was also a mission after a few tries i got it right.

In order to get to bootloader mode i had to press the back key while inserting the USB which is very confusing since before i had to press the pause.

Rebooting from TWRP to bootloader also works fine.

I then tried to install the services delete mod but it froze the player in Fidelizer screen and despite all efforts to erase SU or clean cache etc proved fruitless, so once again flashed 1.2.3 and then 3.41 on top and didn't touch it again.

The unit is more responsive than before even from new as i can remember, and the player has better sound, better clarity and better spatial information, i suppose this is due to the new dac drivers and the overall tweaking of the system.

I want to thank you very much for the help, and this great effort to keep this player useful after all these years!!

Oct 27, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #522 of 575
I realize this isn't the replace battery thread, however some of you have done so. My new battery has 3 leads, black/red/yellow. The original battery is just soldered into TP1 & TP2. Any tips on which one gets what color lead?
To follow up on my post, yellow isn't used. Battery protection board as per Fiio support isn't used. Just solder red to + & black to neg on the jumper wire end.

Nov 27, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #523 of 575
I saw some comments floating around about PowerAmp having issues outputting full hi-res music, especially with the 2.5mm balanced output. Does anyone know if this is still the case? Not sure if the new drivers have helped to address this?

Nov 27, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #524 of 575
I saw some comments floating around about PowerAmp having issues outputting full hi-res music, especially with the 2.5mm balanced output. Does anyone know if this is still the case? Not sure if the new drivers have helped to address this?
Nothing to worry about anymore! They fixed it a while back, where now all outputs support up to 32-bit/384kHz.
Do note, PowerAmp doesn’t follow source frequency automatically. You have to set it manually (to something like 192 or 176.4kHz) and assume the SoX resampler is audibly transparent (let’s be honest it probably is).

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #525 of 575
Nothing to worry about anymore! They fixed it a while back, where now all outputs support up to 32-bit/384kHz.
Do note, PowerAmp doesn’t follow source frequency automatically. You have to set it manually (to something like 192 or 176kHz) and assume the SoX resampler is audibly transparent (let’s be honest it probably is).
I see! That's great to know :) Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back