Fiio X5iii Custom Kernel and Scripts | 2016MHz CPU | 20% RAM increase | Undervolting | New DAC drivers | and much more
Jul 1, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #154 of 575
with the way the kernel & cpu governer so so smartly keeps half of the cores offline (watch this in kernel adiutor) until interaction with the screen is detected, I would still say your battery usage is still mostly impacted by WiFi/Bluetooth status, screen brightness, auto lock timers and power off timers. you’ll see a % in kernel adiutor where the cpus spend most of their time at, usually I find 504 MHz and 1416 MHz being the most utilized.

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #155 of 575
with the way the kernel & cpu governer so so smartly keeps half of the cores offline (watch this in kernel adiutor) until interaction with the screen is detected, I would still say your battery usage is still mostly impacted by WiFi/Bluetooth status, screen brightness, auto lock timers and power off timers. you’ll see a % in kernel adiutor where the cpus spend most of their time at, usually I find 504 MHz and 1416 MHz being the most utilized.

That's the power of the new interactiveX governor with AutoSMP CPU hotplug. Not dissimilar to the way modern (petrol) engines shut down half the pistons when revs are low/idling. With this mechanism a tuned 2016MHz player will outperform a vanilla 1416MHz player on battery life, same app usage notwithstanding.

For a proper scientific comparison, I'd always advocate benchmarking using root-enabled battery apps such as BetterBatteryStats. They can give you a better view of which app (or kernel process) is contributing to so-called wakelocks. Most android apps are quite sloppy in this regard; keep the CPU awake unnecessarily and rely on the kernel to clean up the mess...

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #156 of 575
if my fiio x5iii keep hanging at 2016mhz cpu after i install, does it mean its not compatible? after it reboots, it get starts at fiio loading screen.

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #157 of 575
if my fiio x5iii keep hanging at 2016mhz cpu after i install, does it mean its not compatible? after it reboots, it get starts at fiio loading screen.

Unfortunately, yes. Start with the 1704MHz build as that works on 90% of players. If that fails as well, then use the 1416MHz version.

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #158 of 575
I may or may not be having an issue I installed Version 3.3 today and the date changed but the build number still is telling me I am on 3.0.101

X5.png

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #159 of 575
Nah you’re good! Totally different “version” that’s being referred to there. If you saw that kernel version on stock you’d also see 3.0 yadayadayada. It was less of a confusion in earlier versions of the kernel. Once it got past the 3 mark it’s easy to understand how.

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #160 of 575
If you get kernel optimization prompts and the date is current, you’re fine :)

Jul 2, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #163 of 575
Had new issue.
While playing music via fiio player the music suddenly stopped and screen or buttons not responding. Had to hard restart.

I had something similar happen with the FIIO player. However, it's their beta version and frankly, I just attributed to it being a FIIO product rather than an issue with the kernel. I've been using UAPP and it's been working like a champ. I'm close to deleting FIIO's music player.

McHoop

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #164 of 575
I had something similar happen with the FIIO player. However, it's their beta version and frankly, I just attributed to it being a FIIO product rather than an issue with the kernel. I've been using UAPP and it's been working like a champ. I'm close to deleting FIIO's music player.

McHoop
would love to delete it but only other app I like is neutron but for some reason my x5 just dont like it. after a few songs it closes itselff
others solved issues by re install but mine persists

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #165 of 575
would love to delete it but only other app I like is neutron but for some reason my x5 just dont like it. after a few songs it closes itselff
others solved issues by re install but mine persists

Try deleting Fiio music player. I did and it fixed the neutron issue where it crashes. . At least for me. You can always flash the original firmware if it didn’t work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back