Fiio X5iii Custom Kernel and Scripts | 2016MHz CPU | 20% RAM increase | Undervolting | New DAC drivers | and much more
Jun 21, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #106 of 575
If app is not successfully installed, you may have to uninstall your existing FiiO Music app, the version # is identical (1.1.0) to that found in OFW 1.2.4., but it is a fix nonetheless.

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #109 of 575
Whats the pause issue you are discussing ?
When hitting the lock screen / power button, people were saying FiiO music (exclusively?) in Pure Music Mode would pause playback. And it was dependent on the output used too? Like maybe 3.5 headphone output was unaffected, and 2.5mm headphone output was, I know users said line out was. I wasn't able to repeat the issue myself even when it was brought up. But FiiO posted a new(?) .apk of FiiO Music 1.1.0, the same version number that came with firmware 1.2.4. But that fixed the issue for that particular user, and I wasn't able to repeat it again, either.

Context begins here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...dual-card-slot.828402/page-1005#post-14996848

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #110 of 575
In my case the issue is (both android and pure music, any output):
- Start playback in Fiio music (any version), press pause with the screen shut down
- Wait for more than ~ 30 seconds, press play
- The screen lights on, the music stutters, and the other track starts playing

I have changed all the firmwares and all the kernels and nothing seems to help. Also tried various SD cards and only copying some of my music (not all).

UPD: Tried with OMNIA Music Player - it also lights up the screen after a long pause, but at least it can resume playing the same track. It's a pity that button fast forward doesn't work on it, though

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #111 of 575
- Start playback in Fiio music (any version), press pause with the screen shut down

I have changed all the firmwares and all the kernels and nothing seems to help. Also tried various SD cards and only copying some of my music (not all).

UPD: Tried with OMNIA Music Player - it also lights up the screen after a long pause, but at least it can resume playing the same track. It's a pity that button fast forward doesn't work on it, though
My X5III has FW (Fidelizer) 1.2.4, custom kernel 3.2, using 1.1.0 apk of FiiO Music shared on the forum, in pure music mode, using 3.5mm headphone output. I had a song playing, I turned off the screen, paused the song, started stopwatch, around 40 seconds I hit play, screen lit up, and within two seconds the song resumed from where it was paused. There was no switching to "other" songs.

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #112 of 575
Dear Head-Fi community

After weeks of tweaking and optimisation, prispewnic and I are pleased to announce Version 3.3 of the X5iii modded kernel. As can be seen from the changelog below, this release is a pure performance release; ie: tweaks, enhancements and maximum optimisation.

Changelog

Version 3.3
New: Enabled ARM ARCH_POWER feature
New: Disabled Gentle_Fair_Sleepers (much faster)
New: Enabled cache wakeup preemption
New: Forced memory overcommit for better performance
New: Ignore all ICMP echo requests
New: Enable TCP low latency
New: Removed noatime and nodiratime to improve ext4 and sys filesystem performance (much faster)
New: Added asynchronous filesystem calls (much faster)
New: Enable TCP reuse read mostly algorithm
New: Enable TCP sysctl recycle algorithm
New: Disable TCP slow start after idle
Enhanced: Optimised SLUB memory allocator
Enhanced: Reduced Mini Memory Map to from 32k to 0
Enhanced: Reduced Max Block Dev size from 128 to 32
Enhanced: Increased Max Queue length from 128 to 1024
Enhanced: Tuned kernel fair scheduler workload parameters
Enhanced: Increased memory threshold compaction from 500 to 800
Enhanced: Reduced dirty write back interval
Enhanced: Increased sysctl read interval for reduced latency
Enhanced: Optimise TCP sack/fack/dsack read requests
Enhanced: Optimise TCP memory pressure
Enhanced: Optimise TCP proto packet length algorithm
Enhanced: Added options for disabling and restoring stock player FiiO Music
Fix: Minor AROMA Bugfixes

Download and install as usual from the following link:

http://bit.ly/FiiOX5iiiV33

Thanks and Rants

Again, massive thanks to prispewnic's product features, suggestions and testing, and the great community of beta testers on Head-Fi and 4PDA.
Thanks also to @FiiO for releasing the first GPL of the source code back in June - now waiting on you to help us support the X7/M11 in the same way as the X5.

As always, any queries, comments etc - please shout.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #113 of 575
Updated just now and for some reason it shows 3.2 kernal optimization message. Also in setting it shows me "Tue May 28 13:29:52 BST 2019".

I know I did the update because I selected the auto load to Power Amp for the first time I've used that and that worked fine, so what could have gone wrong here?

NEVER MIND, I realized I had the leave previous Kernel check box on.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #115 of 575
When hitting the lock screen / power button, people were saying FiiO music (exclusively?) in Pure Music Mode would pause playback. And it was dependent on the output used too? Like maybe 3.5 headphone output was unaffected, and 2.5mm headphone output was, I know users said line out was. I wasn't able to repeat the issue myself even when it was brought up. But FiiO posted a new(?) .apk of FiiO Music 1.1.0, the same version number that came with firmware 1.2.4. But that fixed the issue for that particular user, and I wasn't able to repeat it again, either.

Context begins here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...dual-card-slot.828402/page-1005#post-14996848

Hi,

I had the same issue several times and is not "fiio music" related but rather firmware update related.
I Did the following to resolve the issue:
  • Find FiioMusic folder via ES Explorer and remove folder
  • Go to TWRP and Clean Cache and Dalvik.
  • Reboot and reconfigure FiioMusic app
Hope this help you resolve your issue :)

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #116 of 575
im not finding this firmware to be stable.
2 or 3 times out of 5 when turning on the device it gets suck on the fiio boot logo and then turns off after a few mins.
Only way to get it to boot is recovery mode and flash old kernel

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #117 of 575
The kernel hasn’t been unstable or causing any boot problems for me. Of the ten or more times I’ve turned this thing on since yesterday morning, not one time did it hang on booting.

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #118 of 575
im not finding this firmware to be stable.
2 or 3 times out of 5 when turning on the device it gets suck on the fiio boot logo and then turns off after a few mins.
Only way to get it to boot is recovery mode and flash old kernel

+1

Only boot first time... then any reeboot freeze in "welcome" boot logo and then go off after few time
Now on v3.2 again (no problem with 3.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back