Fiio X5iii Custom Kernel and Scripts | 2016MHz CPU | 20% RAM increase | Undervolting | New DAC drivers | and much more
Aug 25, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #227 of 575
It works

IMG_20190825_174934.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #228 of 575
if you get the optimizations prompts on boot then yes you’re good (it may still show correct kernel version in system info when incorrectly installed).

for my usage losing the real estate on the bottom of the screen is a no go. *shrug*

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #229 of 575
if you get the optimizations prompts on boot then yes you’re good (it may still show correct kernel version in system info when incorrectly installed).

for my usage losing the real estate on the bottom of the screen is a no go. *shrug*

I do get the prompts.

The estate at the bottom? You mean the onscreen buttons? I kinda like it that way. Sometimes gestures are a hit or miss.

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #230 of 575
I do get the prompts.

The estate at the bottom? You mean the onscreen buttons? I kinda like it that way. Sometimes gestures are a hit or miss.
Sorry I want this to work for you! Don’t want to come off the wrong way. That’s good. Was just pointing out to not rely solely on the system info.

Once I’m in my preferred player, Neutron, there’s really no reason for me to switch apps or close anything. If the app has full screen or hides the notification bar, the presentation is just that much cleaner, to me.

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #231 of 575
Sorry I want this to work for you! Don’t want to come off the wrong way. That’s good. Was just pointing out to not rely solely on the system info.

Once I’m in my preferred player, Neutron, there’s really no reason for me to switch apps or close anything. If the app has full screen or hides the notification bar, the presentation is just that much cleaner, to me.

Hey. No. You're not coming off the wrong way at all. I am actually appreciative of your inputs. Most especially with the one where you pointed something bout the newer firmware. Made me realize that it is not the libaudioflinger.

And it is working pretty well. I rather get better BT sound than a full screen. I switch the buttons on when i was on the newer firmwares. So not a big deal at all. Thanks

Sep 6, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #233 of 575
Don't know if what I seek is obtainable with the Kernel but here goes.

Balanced Tubo output is pretty good using FIIO Music App. I generally like the Poweramp interface a lot better although I realize I give up some resolution on some of my music. The Balanced output isn't nearly loud enough with Poweramp. Can this be addressed or is it an issue with how Poweramp works, Fiio works, Android works or ?

If it can't be done, probably just go back to the non balanced cable and continue with Poweramp.

Sep 6, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #234 of 575
Don't know if what I seek is obtainable with the Kernel but here goes.

Balanced Tubo output is pretty good using FIIO Music App. I generally like the Poweramp interface a lot better although I realize I give up some resolution on some of my music. The Balanced output isn't nearly loud enough with Poweramp. Can this be addressed or is it an issue with how Poweramp works, Fiio works, Android works or ?

If it can't be done, probably just go back to the non balanced cable and continue with Poweramp.

2 weeks ago PowerAmp dev said (regarding full support of Balanced & Line Out) “I have the device, but I still need a balanced 2.5 cable to test it. As it detects it as speaker, obviously system is not reporting output properly and some workaround are required. I hope that will be sorted out in the next build.”

So hopefully you’ll have some sort of solution in time. Have you already turned off DVC & all that?
I’d try making a bug report about it: https://forum.powerampapp.com/forum/19-bug-reports/

Sep 6, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #235 of 575
2 weeks ago PowerAmp dev said (regarding full support of Balanced & Line Out) “I have the device, but I still need a balanced 2.5 cable to test it. As it detects it as speaker, obviously system is not reporting output properly and some workaround are required. I hope that will be sorted out in the next build.”

So hopefully you’ll have some sort of solution in time. Have you already turned off DVC & all that?
I’d try making a bug report about it: https://forum.powerampapp.com/forum/19-bug-reports/
Thanks, wasn't aware of that info. Note to self: Don't adjust settings that effect volume while IEM's are in ears. The DVC off boosted the volume. It is a bit confusing because I have to set up my phone PA way different than the FIIO, hard to keep track of the changes.

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #236 of 575
I'm going to update Fidelizer when the new kernel is released. However, the installer provided looks to be corrupt. I get a config error upon opening it and can't get the buttons to respond, ie; "language", etc. It's stuck on Mandarin. If possible, could someone email the installer file for Fidelizer?

mchoop@att.net

Powderphinger

Sep 7, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #237 of 575
I'm going to update Fidelizer when the new kernel is released. However, the installer provided looks to be corrupt. I get a config error upon opening it and can't get the buttons to respond, ie; "language", etc. It's stuck on Mandarin. If possible, could someone email the installer file for Fidelizer?

mchoop@att.net

Powderphinger
the installer for fidelizer, as in the firmware upgrade tool? that's this http://fiio-firmware.fiio.net/X5III Firmware Upgrade Tool with FW1.2.1.zip
or the update .zip ? which version ? 1.2.5 is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tex8a7p2dlvdjyf

pretty sure that's what i'm using atm

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #239 of 575
I gave up on my Fiio X5 3rd gen long ago because of how slow and unresponsive the device became, even after countless wipes and re-formats. This basically changed everything for me, though. I was able to clock it up to 2016MHz, and I removed mostly everything except the fiio music app and a few other apps. It almost feels like a completely different device now, given how responsive the device has become. I just wanted to give my thanks for this, because this is some fantastic work. Keep it up!

Sep 23, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #240 of 575
Thanks for the feedback (and for those of you who've already donated, thanks again). It is much appreciated, and to be honest keeps me working on this player to push it to its (hardware) limits.

A quick update for everyone. The last few weeks of development have been busy focussing on updating prehistoric parts of the FiiO code (ie: 2010) and enabling a whole new set of performance-related features that frankly wasn't worth tagging onto 3.4 as a release, so it's looking highly likely that 4.0 will be the next release. In case anyone's interested in the specifics head over to https://kernelmods.com or https://github.com/jkbuha/FiiO_Kernel_Android for more details.

Seeing as we're still able to increase the overall computing power and enhanced user experience by at least 2x when compared to v3.32, it clearly outlines the importance of fast, optimised software on top of any hardware. The results are frankly astounding to say the least, but you'll all see this when v4 is released.

Will reach out to the community in the coming days for beta testers. Watch this space :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back