FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion
Jan 20, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #61 of 209
Sorry if this is a dumb question, there was a 2.36 skin from a head-fier that I find great, if I update to 2.4 and then reload the file with the skin, will this overwrite 2.4 with 2.36 again?

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #62 of 209
Yep

Which skin was it Duncan?  One of us might be able to repack it for you - using 2.4

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #65 of 209
Hi Brooko - was from this poster / post

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

This thread - http://www.head-fi.org/t/717947/fiio-x5-custom-modded-firmwares

First post.  Look for 
"Modern Simplicity" theme by The0S53
  1. updated version by nmatheis (post - direct download)

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #66 of 209
Thanks for great updates to FiiO X5. Much better! But also want to add some notes.

• Please improve sound control with left buttons. I will try to explain with all details below:
    Especially for me it's annoying to click too much every time I want to increase volume to the maximum or add less volume very quickly. Current we have 120 points and it's really very annoying to click so much. I like to listen some tracks with max. volume also I like to change volume very often. It would be great if we have some option on the settings to switch between volume steps changing.

For example: Currently we have one click > and it equals 1 volume point. (We have 120 points to the maximum sound level). I suggest to add an option to change this value on the settings. 1 to 10 steps or 20 steps or more. Also if it's hard to implement it's also acceptable if you can add percentage stepping, but at least 10% of sound changing.
  •  Please improve multichannel playback. I will try to explain with all details below:

Currently it works for me, but actually is useless option. It's ignoring all other channels and sounds very odd on some tracks.

Is it possible to add DSP function to convert it to stereo? I mean to play all channels within stereo. Also what about DSP support in general?

•  Please improve multichannel volume gain.

Currently all tracks sounds very quite.

• Please improve wheel sound level control. I will try to explain with all details below:

1. Currently there are no option to change it sensitivity from the settings.

2. Please add an option to use wheel (for sound level control) even the player is locked without enabling monitor. It will be very helpfully when listening a music and just to save a battery life.

Thank you in advance.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #67 of 209
For this firmware, I noticed that when you skip from song to song, while the song starts playing right away, the screen gets stuck on the previous song for about 6 seconds before it shows the song now playing.

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #68 of 209

I think others have mentioned this but one other minor option that I hope for is that the X5 can be made to restart paused at the last position rather than playing from the last position.
I find it annoying (and sometimes shocking, depending on volume) that it starts playing immediately. I like to be able to start it myself.

Jan 21, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #69 of 209

I think others have mentioned this but one other minor option that I hope for is that the X5 can be made to restart paused at the last position rather than playing from the last position.
I find it annoying (and sometimes shocking, depending on volume) that it starts playing immediately. I like to be able to start it myself.

i agree here!

it happened to me to start at high volume, but using iems instead of full headphones, and it was pretty loud!

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #72 of 209
  For this firmware, I noticed that when you skip from song to song, while the song starts playing right away, the screen gets stuck on the previous song for about 6 seconds before it shows the song now playing.

About 1 second on mine. Are you using imbedded or separate image files and how large, on the average, are they?

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #74 of 209
I would hardly call the lack of replay gain a major issue, even though the clock radio fans mention it from time to time, as well as Last FM, which I believe is on its way out. 

Most people have found the volume control by now.

See post 1 for a list of changes in this version.

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #75 of 209
There's no need to be condescending. Of course there's volume control, but ReplayGain is a well-established standard and should probably be supported by a flagship DAP like the X5 (or any good DAP). It IS a major issue when you compare it to some minor interface issues as it relates to the actual music playback, which should be perfected as soon as possible. It is also not hard to implement from my understanding.

I didn't see it in the changelog and therefore asked if it was changed sometime in the latest versions, maybe undocumented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back