Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 2, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #2,566 of 2,614
Is anyone paying attention to firmware 2.7? I just loaded it on my X5 and it sounds swell. I was using a modded version of FW2.5 and now I am looking at normal Fiio art. Not that that is a bad thing. :)

May 2, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #2,567 of 2,614
Is anyone paying attention to firmware 2.7? I just loaded it on my X5 and it sounds swell. I was using a modded version of FW2.5 and now I am looking at normal Fiio art. Not that that is a bad thing. :)

I was going to look at updating my themes over the next couple of weeks.

:beerchug:

May 2, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #2,568 of 2,614
Awesome. I thought I got my 2.5 version from you. I can't remember what it was called, I think it was originally done by another gentleman. It had geometric shades of brown. I am searching page one and further trying to find an image. All these nice designs and no images linked to the names.. 

But I think it was you who took care of me last time. I am always in your debt!  :)  

At the moment I am listening to the X5 alone into some B&W P5's. I am too lazy to walk upstairs and grab my Mojo.
Oh the heck with that, I'm going to go grab that sucker.  :)

(I unstrapped my E12DIY from the X5, I may be done with that)(and it was swell)

EDIT: Found it, I was using Modern Simplicity and Analogue. It's a tough choice for me between those two.

May 3, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #2,569 of 2,614
I had some time between tasks today so I've updated all my themes to FW2.7 (unofficial non-public release). This firmware was given to a user by FiiO to help solve some USB connection issues, but in turn removes OTG storage capability.

- Analogue Refined
- H_U_D (album art)
- H_U_D (no album art)
- McFiiOtosh
- McFiiOtosh Alternate
- Plasma
- StarTrek TOS
- StarTrek TOS Babes
- StarTrek TOS battery percentage
- Tesla
- X5_Classic
- X5_Classic Default Font

The explorer coordinate explorer.ini & explorer_otg.ini files needed to be replaced along with the system files from the new FW2.7 because they removed the OTG icons. I've tested it and it seems to work well. For images of the themes please look through the threads gallery, or click on the previous themes 'post' link at the start of this thread.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/73miek59otn2ipg/AAAeAyb0BW872I_msSVAdlVVa?dl=0

May 5, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #2,571 of 2,614
Are there any benefits of updating to v2.7 from v2.5?

Any bug fixes?

Personally, I don't care for OTG or the lack of it.

FW2.7 was released to an individual to see if it fixed his USB DAC mode issue. It did, but also dropped support for USB OTG storage. Other than that nothing I'm aware of.

FW2.6 added better scroll wheel support and is FiiO's last 'official' FW release, so you may want to update to that at a minimum.

May 5, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #2,573 of 2,614
Much
I had some time between tasks today so I've updated all my themes to FW2.7 (unofficial non-public release). This firmware was given to a user by FiiO to help solve some USB connection issues, but in turn removes OTG storage capability.

- Analogue Refined
- H_U_D (album art)
- H_U_D (no album art)
- McFiiOtosh
- McFiiOtosh Alternate
- Plasma
- StarTrek TOS
- StarTrek TOS Babes
- StarTrek TOS battery percentage
- Tesla
- X5_Classic
- X5_Classic Default Font

The explorer coordinate explorer.ini & explorer_otg.ini files needed to be replaced along with the system files from the new FW2.7 because they removed the OTG icons. I've tested it and it seems to work well. For images of the themes please look through the threads gallery, or click on the previous themes 'post' link at the start of this thread.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/73miek59otn2ipg/AAAeAyb0BW872I_msSVAdlVVa?dl=0

Much appreciated Craig!

Sep 11, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #2,576 of 2,614
  Happy New Years everyone! I'm a bit of a ghost around here, but I figured I'd drop by to share my latest theming effort. Most credit goes to AsianInvasion for his themes, which this is a hybrid of. This is mostly based on "Harmony" using a few elements from "Prism" and "Solar" with some of my own original work as well. I call this AI-Hybrid, a fitting name considering it's origin. Hope you guys enjoy!

The background isn't 100% black, but rather a slight rounded gradient towards the upper left corner. It looks nicest with the X5's screen brightness at half or lower. This background is consistent across the entire theme, except the file browser and settings menus which retains the original light background from Harmony (my favourite part of that theme, to be honest). The launcher icons are coloured upon selection, along with some helpful 8-bit style text.

This theme is based on Firmware v2.6

Link no longer available!

Sep 25, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #2,577 of 2,614
I didn't even realize 2.7 was out for X5... I'll push out some updates when I can. 

I also went back in and fixed the download URLs in most of my posts, since I changed my website domain.

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #2,578 of 2,614
Hi everyone, two quick questions:
How does one change the font color of the topbar? I know there's a FiiO X3 graphical previewer, but is there one for the FiiO X5?
Well I have something going on...

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #2,579 of 2,614
The font colors can be changed in the config.ini file under the theme1 directory; I can't recall which was the topbar color since I usually remove the topbar text entirely (coordinates/topbar.ini, set title_tv_y to something over 400). It might follow the color of something else such as list item focus color, but I am not sure. 

I do not know of a theme previewer available. The easiest method of repeatedly installing firmwares is most likely inserting a small microSD into slot 1 and copying the x5.fw file to the X5 through USB storage mode. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back