Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Oct 27, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #2,493 of 2,614
I'm actually more interested in X7 modding right now.
With their update zip file published on the X7 tour site, I've been digging around the firmware files.
Theoretically, if we can pack a zip and have it signed by FiiO, we will be able to do just about anything with the X7, from whitelisting apps, to changing system apps, to changing the boot animation, to root. Even better would be to have open source firmware files and device trees.

By the way, I deodexed the X7's music app and installed it on a Nexus 5.
Looks ridiculous because of the screen resolution differences, but it works.

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #2,494 of 2,614
I'm actually more interested in X7 modding right now.
With their update zip file published on the X7 tour site, I've been digging around the firmware files.
Theoretically, if we can pack a zip and have it signed by FiiO, we will be able to do just about anything with the X7, from whitelisting apps, to changing system apps, to changing the boot animation, to root. Even better would be to have open source firmware files and device trees.

By the way, I deodexed the X7's music app and installed it on a Nexus 5.
Looks ridiculous because of the screen resolution differences, but it works.

You da man!!!

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #2,497 of 2,614

Firmware 2.51 Beta has been released for the X5, and I have updated my themes to the latest firmware.

Download

Changes:
  1. Update base firmware: 2.5 -> 2.51B
  2. Change fonts: Microsoft Yahei -> M+ 2p in all but Prism theme
    1. This change reduces filesize by over 10MB while removing support for languages Chinese and Korean. 

Updated Themes List:
  1. Elegance 2.1
  2. Fragments 4.2
  3. Harmony 3.2
  4. Hydrogen 1.2
  5. Lunar 2.1
  6. Prism 1.1
  7. Solar 1.5
  8. Vortex 1.3

Feel free to give any feedback, it can help make my themes better.
Also, work on a new theme has started.

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #2,498 of 2,614
Waiting for Hawaiibadboy to update the Hi-Fidelity mod to 2.51!! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #2,501 of 2,614
:triportsad:  Was really curious to try it out as some said it's improving the wheel issues as well as some 'improvement' in SQ in the X5 ii thread....but too used to the Hi-Fidelity interface, so would need to wait I guess.....

You can always unpack the firmware, drop in the new sys.bin file, repack, and reflash.
:beerchug:

Oct 30, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #2,504 of 2,614
I'm surprised that the X5 2nd gen hasn't seen the same amount of custom themes the original X5 has.

Questyle has finally uploaded a QP1R firmware to their website. One of the very few high-end themable players out there. Questyle has stated that custom firmwares void the warranty on their players.

Edit:

New theme coming along well. Just a few fixes before release to the public.

The blues are actually the same, no clue what happened with the 2nd photo.

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #2,505 of 2,614
Final Firmware FW 2.6 for X5 1St Gen
The following changes and improvements were made to firmware version 2.6 compared to 2.5:
1. Enabled gapless playback of single music files split by CUE sheets 
2. Fixed issue where the player may play through folders incorrectly
3. Fixed issue where the genre tag of AAC files (.m4a) was read incorrectly
4. Fixed issue where blanks spaces in front of the album name of a song caused the genre name to be read incorrectly
5. Fixed issue where the player may not be able to load the cover info for certain MP3 files 
6. Improved the sensitivity and consistency of the scroll wheel response. 
7. Fixed issue where some CUE sheets could not be parsed 
8. Various other bug fixes in line with those made for the X5 2nd gen.

Note: 
1.Please note that upgrading to FW2.6 from a firmware version older than FW2.3 will cause user data (e.g. playlists and favorites) to be erased;
2. Please note that downgrading from FW2.6 back to any previous version of firmware will cause user data (e.g. playlists and favorites) to be erased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back