Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jul 5, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #2,431 of 2,614
 I'll be doing that pretty soon. How long does it take...hour or 2  each?

Depends on the level of differences. For all five themes I unified the top bar positions and had to make each background 400x360. For your themes I can see some frustration as the bg is pretty much limited to one for all the menus and one for fast picking and one for the EQ. I believe there is another bg used somewhere but I can't remember where it keeps popping up. Also, there is only one boot and shutdown animation for the device no matter what theme you are on.

And one more thing......... There's a function where if you use the buttons in the main menu instead of the wheel it switches to a different interface. Given that I adjusted the coordinates for five full screen menu items I also did the secondary menu items to match. If you want you can download my theme and see how the coordinates work for such a setup. Some themes in the FW I just used the same images for the button and wheel section.

Come to think of it it would be very annoying to try without a unit to test it on.

At first I was all "this sucks" but when I actually put them all on the same FW I was REALLY happy to have all but two of my themes in one package.

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #2,432 of 2,614

I'll be doing that pretty soon. How long does it take...hour or 2  each?

Trying to port mine took me about 6 hours and I actually failed.....

Depends on the level of differences. For all five themes I unified the top bar positions and had to make each background 400x360. For your themes I can see some frustration as the bg is pretty much limited to one for all the menus and one for fast picking and one for the EQ. I believe there is another bg used somewhere but I can't remember where it keeps popping up. Also, there is only one boot and shutdown animation for the device no matter what theme you are on.

And one more thing......... There's a function where if you use the buttons in the main menu instead of the wheel it switches to a different interface. Given that I adjusted the coordinates for five full screen menu items I also did the secondary menu items to match. If you want you can download my theme and see how the coordinates work for such a setup. Some themes in the FW I just used the same images for the button and wheel section.

Come to think of it it would be very annoying to try without a unit to test it on.

At first I was all "this sucks" but when I actually put them all on the same FW I was REALLY happy to have all but two of my themes in one package.

For this purpose alone I would love an X5II. Editing themes is fun, and I would love making the two launcher modes. Sadly, without being able to test, it is not worth the trouble....

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #2,433 of 2,614
I made a second version of re:face.

It is named Re:Face 2

It contains a lot of improoved graphics, now it is almost in final stage. 

Launcher is the same as Re:face, I will work on it a little later. 

Please enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7tt5g1vyowqav7/x5.fw?dl=0

Some or most of it is taken and modified from X5II themes, 

What to expect differently from everything else:

Some selection modes are light blue instead of white or gray. It is the blue that results after inverting the color of the original orange used by Fiio. 

Jul 5, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #2,434 of 2,614
I made a second version of re:face.

It is named Re:Face 2

It contains a lot of improoved graphics, now it is almost in final stage. 

Launcher is the same as Re:face, I will work on it a little later. 

Please enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7tt5g1vyowqav7/x5.fw?dl=0

Some or most of it is taken and modified from X5II themes, 

What to expect differently from everything else:

Some selection modes are light blue instead of white or gray. It is the blue that results after inverting the color of the original orange used by Fiio. 

I'd love a few screenshots of it mate. I don't care about your camera being sucky :)

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #2,435 of 2,614
I'd love a few screenshots of it mate. I don't care about your camera being sucky
smily_headphones1.gif

I will try to post a few soon. 

My most problem is that camera takes some glow from the ips screen of x5, and photos come out kind of blurry. I plan to try take some photos with my pro camera, but I have to set it right. 

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #2,438 of 2,614
Fragments: New update.

Changelog:
  1. Completely new background
  2. Increased legibility
  3. Minimal graphics and ease of use prioritized

Download:
  1. Here

Release notes:
  1. Name of the mod/theme: Fragments 4.0
  2. Version of the firmware: 2.5

The usual information:
  1. Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes
  2. I will take all feedback into consideration
  3. All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #2,439 of 2,614
I quite like that. Nicely done.
:beerchug:

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #2,443 of 2,614
  Quick survey:

How many users of custom themes need support for languages other than English and Japanese?
I can switch to just those two and reduce the firmware size drastically (35MB to 25MB)

Going to be tough to get a feel for numbers. Consider two versions? A standard and an international? Great work btw - beautiful. Sometimes the more simplistic designs with your great touch on colour and layout are just the ticket. Thanks for all you've done.

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #2,444 of 2,614

Hi-Fidelity​
Final V2.1​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Video based on F.W 2.40

All current links contain 2.5 official FiiO fw.    https://app.box.com/s/txd8dycndp53l9mkh6z8p69cg8l5vkdm

Note to OP: Can you link to this post for the Hi-Fidelity link on pg 1. Thanks for your work
beerchug.gif

I'm currently using this theme and it's just stunning. I love all the small details in the theme and it just fits fantastic to the feel of the X5. I love the analog switches and the black and white rather nostalgic category pix. Well done Hawaiibadboy! 10/10 from me
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back