Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 9, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #2,206 of 2,614
Thanks mate. Just seemed odd to go halfway down the list then pop over to the side, then back to the list. I'm sure I'll get used to it :)

It's staying on for a bit - nice work!

Hi Damian, thanks for having a look. Uzi2 has rightly identified why it's like it is - I wanted to experiment with a different layout - but I take your point. Once you're beyond the initial starting point the hop to the side does jar a bit until you're used to it.
If enough people like it I might revise it with a more straightforward layout - feedback's always welcome.

May 10, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #2,207 of 2,614
Hi Damian, thanks for having a look. Uzi2 has rightly identified why it's like it is - I wanted to experiment with a different layout - but I take your point. Once you're beyond the initial starting point the hop to the side does jar a bit until you're used to it.
If enough people like it I might revise it with a more straightforward layout - feedback's always welcome.

Been having a go with it and that's the only thing that jumps out. Love the readability and simplicity. Matches my amps too :p

Well done.

May 10, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #2,208 of 2,614
X5 II unofficially announced. Looks like the same screen size but not sure if it's exactly the same as the screen used in the gen 1 X5 (I hope so). Now the Launcher uses 5 items instead of 7 and the borders on either side of the screen have been reduced.

Check it out.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/765943/fiio-x5-2nd-gen-impressions-and-discussion-tour-application-megathread

May 10, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #2,211 of 2,614
What's your avatar, btw @CraterzSC?

It's something that I have been using for a very long time. The image is a bald baby, sporting orange sunglasses, wearing a set of 'phones, and has a nose ring. Never had a nose ring myself, but did have my ear pierced many moons ago. The image kind of fit my personality (bald, loves music especially the blues genre (hence the blue overall hue), and is a bit different (nose/lip piercings)), so I've always used it as my avatar. Here it is in a larger size. Don't know where I found it originally. Wish I could say that I made it, but I'm not that good with PhotoShop.

May 11, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #2,212 of 2,614
It's something that I have been using for a very long time. The image is a bald baby, sporting orange sunglasses, wearing a set of 'phones, and has a nose ring. Never had a nose ring myself, but did have my ear pierced many moons ago. The image kind of fit my personality (bald, loves music especially the blues genre (hence the blue overall hue), and is a bit different (nose/lip piercings)), so I've always used it as my avatar. Here it is in a larger size. Don't know where I found it originally. Wish I could say that I made it, but I'm not that good with PhotoShop.

Thanks! I'm not bald but have very close-cropped hair. I've also had many, many piercings but have taken them all out now to be a boring old dad :wink_face:

May 11, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #2,213 of 2,614

For anyone who's downloaded 'CORROSION', you'll have found the default art screen to be a rogue image at odds with the theme - it's corrected here (link also changed in my original post)...

http://bit.ly/1Ru6diy

May 11, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #2,214 of 2,614
Hey guys, I updated the first post

"X5_Classic" from @x RELIC x was added.

"Solar" and "Lunar" from @AsianInvasion were added.

"CORROSION" from @theUKMrT was added

"Shade of Black" from @Dobrescu George was updated.

I also added the "3 in 3" v1 video from @Hawaiibadboy in a section at the end of the table for easy access.

I moved all of the 2.4 firmwares in the "Archive" post.

Thank-you @x RELIC x for the link to the X5II this looks promising! However I think I'll stay with the X5 v1 (for the moment). I just hope they'll fit the same firmware for both hardware version so that way mods will be compatible both ways!

May 11, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #2,216 of 2,614
Relic, really liking simplicity of Classic. Only thing I would say, backgrounds seem rather dark grey losing contrast. Nice and nostalgic though!

May 11, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #2,217 of 2,614
Relic, really liking simplicity of Classic. Only thing I would say, backgrounds seem rather dark grey losing contrast. Nice and nostalgic though!

It was a toss up. Using black and white fonts the background couldn't be too dark or too bright.

May 11, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #2,218 of 2,614

Thank-you @x RELIC x
 for the link to the X5II this looks promising! However I think I'll stay with the X5 v1 (for the moment). I just hope they'll fit the same firmware for both hardware version so that way mods will be compatible both ways!

The new launcher uses five icons instead of seven so there will have to be some re-working of the current themes if transferring over to the X5 II. However, and I'm not 100% positive, but it looks like the same screen.

May 11, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #2,219 of 2,614
Quick update to Hydrogen

1. Update to fw2.5
  2. Improved EQ
  3. Improved Fastpick
  4. Improved topbar
  5. Improved playing screen
  6. Improved some other stuff I can't remember

Nothing major. It didn't appear too outdated, since it was one of the newest themes I made under fw2.4. This is what it looks like:

Download:
  1. Here

Release Notes

- Name of the mod/theme: Hydrogen 1.1
- Version of the firmware: 2.5
- Languages: All

The Usual Information

- Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes
- I will take all feedback into consideration
- All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio
- Finally, all of my themes except Elegance is up to 2.5

If the X5II is a fairly large upgrade to the X5 in sound, and if firmware tools are released for it, I might upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back