Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 6, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #2,176 of 2,614
The bottom half of the EQ marks are off by one pixel from FiiO. I corrected this in some of my themes and will have it pixel perfect for my next Classic theme (still coming but I'm busy).

May 7, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #2,178 of 2,614
Okay, maybe I can share a little of what I changed in AsianInvasions Harmony theme/firmware... Not really sure, as I can apparently upload images but I cannot actually view them on photobucket. So I don't really know if these links will show up for y'all... I tried to test, but it is another website that is somewhat blocked by Chinese government.

Forgive me for the poor quality...

Here's a pic of what I changed for the album art... maybe... if this works...
Album art

And another, from a different artist (although I love Nina (previous pic), if the pic is accessible :wink: )
Album Art

And an image of how I changed the "tick"... maybe, if this works...
Tick

Are the images accessible? Please let me know one way or the other 
beerchug.gif

When I am able to, I will be happy to share my meager modification to AsianInvasion's Harmony theme. Just not able to at this time.

May 7, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #2,179 of 2,614
  I'll see if I can create a darker variant of the theme one day. Before that, I'll most likely give all of my older themes a refresh. When I do, I will revert the EQ labels.

I agree that the X5 is one of the best devices to be made. It serves as a DAP, USB DAC, USB DAC+Amp, USB to Coaxial converter, and a storage device, and it saves me from having to buy more equipment.

Looking forward to updates to a few of your older themes! There are a couple that I would love to try out but are not up to date with the latest FW. Great works!

**Edit** Argh! My previous post requires moderator approval for some such reason (links to other site images).

May 7, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #2,180 of 2,614
Looking forward to updates to a few of your older themes! There are a couple that I would love to try out but are not up to date with the latest FW. Great works!

**Edit** Argh! My previous post requires moderator approval for some such reason (links to other site images).

PM me the links, and I'll post them for you :)

May 7, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #2,182 of 2,614
Great idea, turning the entire shadow area in to a transparent progress bar! :)

I haven't loaded your theme Asianinvasion, but seeing the pics above I now get where you were going with it.

May 7, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #2,184 of 2,614
Yeah, like adjusting the album art display size. I'm not holding my breath though.

May 7, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #2,186 of 2,614
X5_Classic is up, based on FW 2.5.

LINK

Quite the simple theme inspired by an iDevice that has a similar name. Everything is dirt simple and the FW is very light at around 14mb. My only gripe is the fast picking bg. Given the amber text I was compelled to make a 'highlight' bar that was rather dark for readability. The EQ screen might change in an update. The Now Playing sub menu may also change.

Any resemblance to AsianInvasion's Harmony 3 theme colour palette is purely coincidental. :wink:

May 8, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #2,187 of 2,614
X5_Classic is up, based on FW 2.5.

LINK

Quite the simple theme inspired by an iDevice that has a similar name. Everything is dirt simple and the FW is very light at around 14mb. My only gripe is the fast picking bg. Given the amber text I was compelled to make a 'highlight' bar that was rather dark for readability. The EQ screen might change in an update. The Now Playing sub menu may also change.

Any resemblance to @AsianInvasion's Harmony 3 theme colour palette is purely coincidental.
wink.gif

This look good but some of the chinese fonts are not showing but it was showing when i use H_U_D. Can update it with the fonts that is used for H_U_D?

May 8, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,189 of 2,614

AsianInvasion

I used your stretching idea.
Nice work
beerchug.gif

I did a buncha weird stuff and even went full screen progress bar. Decided to calm down and used it to match my fast picking. Relic stretched the fp arc and you stretched the progress bar. Good stuff. Thank you to both of you.

Relic...
Launcher is cool as hell.

May 8, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #2,190 of 2,614
The sun and the moon - Two completely different themes have been updated!

Changes:
  1. Rounded screen corners
  2. A combination of fullsize gray progress bar (For light album covers) and a regular white progress bar (For dark album covers)
  3. Topbar changes - it uses the new square icons modified a bit. Also, the entire topbar is one color now.
  4. Of course, firmware version 2.5.

Downloads:
  1. Click me

Changes:
  1. Reduced the amount of chaos in the theme
  2. Rounded corners mod, again
  3. Changes to now playing
  4. Firmware version 2.5

Important: This may be the last supported update for Lunar, unless it somehow gains a large amount of users.

Downloads:
  1. Click me

Release notes:
  1. Name of the mod/theme: Solar 1.4, Lunar 2.0
  2. Version of the firmware: 2.5
  3. Languages: All

The usual information:
  1. Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes
  2. I will take all feedback into consideration
  3. All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back