Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 22, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #2,071 of 2,614
Innerfidelity has a DAP comparison article where they give a shout out to this thread in the X5 section.

Nice!!
biggrin.gif

Article LINK

I read the article. Very cool that they're noticing. I wonder which firmware was used for the review though. 2.50 could have given a different outcome in the treble department. Who knows really :)

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #2,072 of 2,614
  H_U_D_ is up!!!!

Two versions, one that covers up all album art (HUD_Primary) and one that leaves the album art as is (HUD_AlbumArt).

LINK

The reason for the no album art is I have no love lost if it isn't there and it really helps keep the spirit of the theme. The Album Art version is fine and works well so don't be afraid to use it if you love your album art.

FYI the icons do not rotate. The selector rotates to the fixed icons, and few of the bg elements rotate(slower) with the wheel for eye candy.

- Tip - hold the forward or back button to see the animation more clearly if you want.

Enjoy!!

Edit: This theme is quite large at around 45mb but I've tested it thoroughly and everything works fine. For the Primary version you may notice some lag if you play a song with album art. This is just the typical loading of the album art but because you don't see the art appear it feels slower than before but it really isn't.

Don't forget to catch the startup and shutdown animations. That's pretty much what started the whole theme.

https://app.box.com/s/z5lveiu5di38s6iacyv9ow41ywqp09fj

New page
wink.gif

Gotta keep the non active surfers up to date with the last 2 mods done just a few days ago.

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #2,073 of 2,614
First post updated.

Added "Amo la Música" by @Hawaiibadboy. Tell me if the name is ok. I took the liberty of adding the accent on the "u" for proper spanish (I think).

Added the 2 new colors of "Metro" (lime and blue) from @Carel. I added them in the same entry as the original Metro mod.

Thanks @x RELIC x for the article linking to this thread. I'm happy to see that everyone's effort get noticed.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #2,077 of 2,614
  hey good job!HBB. But, could make one for the gay boy's.. and the woman  who like eye candy of men?
redface.gif

beerchug.gif

Honestly I would be a poor judge of what is attractive for folks with different affinities. I'm not even joking. If you are not trolling me and you are serious you supply me with the man candy and I'll put it in the theme and custom it for you.

I will do a version with no girl as it might not be friendly for public transport. But I use the girl
biggrin.gif

So if you want the man candy send me the sweets and you get you custom.

EDIT:
You're not trolling....cool. It's already rated "R" but XXX on a private custom is what private links are for. No previews on the thread of course and not for a few days as I am still tweaking the theme a tad but sure. You got a publicly shared theme and I do customs. You are in business bro but I am not searching for the images. You see stuff you like PM it to me. Keep the thread at the "R" rating

EDIT2:

My GF is in the vid under the original theme vid a page back. She looks just like the girl in my theme.
I Practice Ho'oponopono my brother.
 Most folks in here got me totally backwards. I practice it. Everyday. The mantra is my mantra.
I have a massive blog (comment wise 15,000) but it's locked down right now by my choice. Lots of stories about Hawaii and beauty and peace...and war...and making peace after war inside and out.
I can ask my chick for some man candy. You gotta give me some time though.

I never judge. Who the **** am I?? I know that already :wink:

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #2,078 of 2,614
lol.NOT TROLLING! but thanks anyway. no gay friends to ask or girl friend? if you are truly HAWAIIAN . you should be able to see and appreciate the beauty in all. to say another man is good looking . dose not dictate ones sexuality. it is just an observation. jus sayin. Aloha.....too your ego .... 

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #2,079 of 2,614
  First post updated.

Added "Amo la Música" by @Hawaiibadboy. Tell me if the name is ok. I took the liberty of adding the accent on the "u" for proper spanish (I think).

Added the 2 new colors of "Metro" (lime and blue) from @Carel. I added them in the same entry as the original Metro mod.

Thanks @x RELIC x for the article linking to this thread. I'm happy to see that everyone's effort get noticed.

Thanks, but I deleted the old version, there was a mistake. BLUE and LIME work well.

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #2,081 of 2,614
Thanks for the comments guys!! :beerchug:
Your execution of the battery meter on your latest and greatest has had the desired outcome. I can now decipher when the thing is about to die on me. Pretty simple and impressive solution really. While I appreciate core functionality doesn't change with these mods, one thing i have noticed is a tendency for buttons to register double presses. Not sure if I'm alone. I have tried re-downloading and re-installing, both versions, with and without cover art. If no one else is noticing, i might do a full reset, which is something I'm trying to avoid given I have custom equaliser settings and will lose them.

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #2,082 of 2,614
Your execution of the battery meter on your latest and greatest has had the desired outcome. I can now decipher when the thing is about to die on me. Pretty simple and impressive solution really. While I appreciate core functionality doesn't change with these mods, one thing i have noticed is a tendency for buttons to register double presses. Not sure if I'm alone. I have tried re-downloading and re-installing, both versions, with and without cover art. If no one else is noticing, i might do a full reset, which is something I'm trying to avoid given I have custom equaliser settings and will lose them.

i had not noticed this behaviour with any mod.

reset hole did not solve the problem?

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #2,085 of 2,614

Glad you like the way the battery indicator works, and glad it has the result I was looking for.

I'm not sure about the double click registers though. It could be that with all the gradation in the images (resulting in less compression) the .png files are larger than optimal and so the hardware may be struggling. Strange though as I haven't run in to any issues when testing the theme with my files including multiple 24/192 files. I always check for usability during the creation of a theme right up until I release it.

When loading an official FW quite a while ago I had some issues with the boot up images that was fixed doing a factory reset in the system settings. I know you have EQ settings you like but I suggest you mark down the settings and do the factory reset. If that doesn't help I'm sorry, I don't know what else to suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back