Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 19, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #2,042 of 2,614
H.U.D. update...... Almost complete, just working out battery charging and warning messages. Got busy with work so next week sometime for release.

The packed FW is hovering at 45mb. The complete opposite of light, lol! I'm doing two versions, one with and one without album art (my graphic covering all album art).

The one without is 'as the artist intended' for this theme. It just feels more cohesive to me.

I really like this theme. For me it creates a kind of futuristic nostalgia in the sense that it evokes the type of imagery I've seen in some of the best space related SciFi's I've watched recently. And yet at the same time I see it as a unified and functional rendering of the X5 UI. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #2,043 of 2,614
I really like this theme. For me it creates a kind of futuristic nostalgia in the sense that it evokes the type of imagery I've seen in some of the best space related SciFi's I've watched recently. And yet at the same time I see it as a unified and functional rendering of the X5 UI. 

Thanks!

The killer was when FiiO allowed us to change text colour. That sent me over the edge to try different things. For my other themes I tried to work around the text colour, like hiding the topbar text in McFiiOtosh, or going with warm colours in Analogue. I'm grooving on the monochromatic theme, but I have to admit that the blue can be slightly difficult to read compared to warmer tones. It's too bad we can't change the colour of the fast picking highlight text.

I'm going to adjust StarTrek_TOS, Analogue, and McFiiOtosh for better text colours after this.

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #2,044 of 2,614
H_U_D_ is up!!!!

Two versions, one that covers up all album art (HUD_Primary) and one that leaves the album art as is (HUD_AlbumArt).

LINK

The reason for the no album art is I have no love lost if it isn't there and it really helps keep the spirit of the theme. The Album Art version is fine and works well so don't be afraid to use it if you love your album art.

FYI the icons do not rotate. The selector rotates to the fixed icons, and few of the bg elements rotate(slower) with the wheel for eye candy.

- Tip - hold the forward or back button to see the animation more clearly if you want.

Enjoy!!

Edit: This theme is quite large at around 45mb but I've tested it thoroughly and everything works fine. For the Primary version you may notice some lag if you play a song with album art. This is just the typical loading of the album art but because you don't see the art appear it feels slower than before but it really isn't.

Don't forget to catch the startup and shutdown animations. That's pretty much what started the whole theme.

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #2,045 of 2,614
  H_U_D_ is up!!!!

Two versions, one that covers up all album art (HUD_Primary) and one that leaves the album art as is (HUD_AlbumArt).

LINK

The reason for the no album art is I have no love lost if it isn't there and it really helps keep the spirit of the theme. The Album Art version is fine and works well so don't be afraid to use it if you love your album art.

FYI the icons do not rotate. The selector rotates to the fixed icons, and few of the bg elements rotate(slower) with the wheel for eye candy.

- Tip - hold the forward or back button to see the animation more clearly if you want.

Enjoy!!

Edit: This theme is quite large at around 45mb but I've tested it thoroughly and everything works fine. For the Primary version you may notice some lag if you play a song with album art. This is just the typical loading of the album art but because you don't see the art appear it feels slower than before but it really isn't.

Don't forget to catch the startup and shutdown animations. That's pretty much what started the whole theme.

you can make it smaller, and maybe reduce some of the lag by using the different font file, the one which loads much less fonts.

Also, abut this topic, anyone knows if we can totally delete the korean font file, or modify it in some way? i do not listen to korean anything, and i doubt that I will ever need it. just in case, i would build a different version, with a version containing it, if someone ever requests it. 

i think that loading another font file is making the system slower.

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #2,046 of 2,614
you can make it smaller, and maybe reduce some of the lag by using the different font file, the one which loads much less fonts.

Also, abut this topic, anyone knows if we can totally delete the korean font file, or modify it in some way? i do not listen to korean anything, and i doubt that I will ever need it. just in case, i would build a different version, with a version containing it, if someone ever requests it. 

i think that loading another font file is making the system slower.

You misunderstood me. There is no EXTRA lag from regular art loading. It just seems like ’what's loading?' when I covered up the album art. Just trying to prepare the peeps for what to expect. I said everything works fine, ie., no lag besides a slower startup. If you load the theme you'll see it's a benefit for the animation.

I did not go looking for a different font for this theme, and yes I know about that.......... Changed them before.

Try deleting the the Korean font and see what happens. Reflash if it does weird stuff.

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #2,047 of 2,614
You misunderstood me. There is no EXTRA lag from regular art loading. It just seems like ’what's loading?' when I covered up the album art. Just trying to prepare the peeps for what to expect. I said everything works fine, ie., no lag besides a slower startup. If you load the theme you'll see it's a benefit for the animation.

I did not go looking for a different font for this theme, and yes I know about that.......... Changed them before.

Try deleting the the Korean font and see what happens. Reflash if it does weird stuff.

I would, at least replace korean with an empty file of the same type, i am afraid of trying something new that might result in a funny reaction.

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #2,048 of 2,614
Updated the first post.

Mods based on previous work have been split in a different section.

I updated links for "Metro Style V2" by @Carel

I added "H_U_D" from @x RELIC x

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #2,049 of 2,614
I got this bug, i do not know if it is present for anybody else, or if it was there before the latest firmware:

So i go to folder browsing, and i enter a folder. 

The last item in the list, 

for example card1/linkinpark/meteora, i am in this folder, if i browse the files within, the last one does not have top and bottom white line, it has only top, like the bottom last line of screen was cut. Anyone can tell me if this also happens to them, or if i can debug it?

[i am using my own theme, and i am also wondering if this happens on the original, you do not see both under and over the text red lines]

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #2,051 of 2,614
  H_U_D_ is up!!!!

LINK

Enjoy!!

Wow, what an absolutely drop dead gorgeous theme. You've just taken the X5 to the space age. Well done!

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #2,052 of 2,614
Relic..

That is the coolest transition from intro to start screen ever!!
Seamless.
I was confused the first time cuz I thought it was stuck...nope...that ******* thing just initiated and engaged!!

Cool as ****!!

It's all gorgeous but I did that start up 4 times so far
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #2,054 of 2,614
  H_U_D_ is up!!!!

LINK

Enjoy!!

OMG ....YOU ARE THE GRANDMASTER OF X5 MOD....cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back