Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 16, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #1,996 of 2,614
I had finished re-doing first theme, and doing second.

Basically, it is the same theme, but i made one with white background for browsing, and one with black. the two themes have many other differences, but that is the most important.

Most of files are from @AsianInvasion vortex, and from @TheoS53 modern simplicity.

The new themes are different from old ones, i corrected most mistakes, and most of what i was not entirely content with.

These versions are almost final.

I still cannot make logo.bmp work, if anyone with more experience can look into this matter.

A shade of elegance

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g02cr0nilzxhauf/x5.fw?dl=0

A shade of black:

Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uief6v1t7zssny/x5.fw?dl=0

Also, i am very interested in opinions and advice!

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #1,997 of 2,614
  I had finished re-doing first theme, and doing second.

Basically, it is the same theme, but i made one with white background for browsing, and one with black. the two themes have many other differences, but that is the most important.

Most of files are from @AsianInvasion vortex, and from @TheoS53 modern simplicity.

The new themes are different from old ones, i corrected most mistakes, and most of what i was not entirely content with.

These versions are almost final.

I still cannot make logo.bmp work, if anyone with more experience can look into this matter.

A shade of elegance

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g02cr0nilzxhauf/x5.fw?dl=0

A shade of black:

Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uief6v1t7zssny/x5.fw?dl=0

Also, i am very interested in opinions and advice!

get pixelformer. It's free and will save the >BMP at 32bit. FiiO requires 32bit for the logo

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #2,000 of 2,614
Redacted by request.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #2,003 of 2,614
Redacted by request.

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #2,005 of 2,614
Apr 17, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #2,006 of 2,614
I got a lot of respect for you as a member of Head-Fi Brooko.

You are what they call. "Top Shelf"

I edited my post to take out what could be taken wrong. I wasn't trying to come off that way but if another sees it that way...gotta edit. So I did.

When a community can work it out and accept apologies and clarifications and edit for the benefit of the public and others...that's about as good as it can get. No mods, flags...they have lives and are busy too.
That's impressive stuff. 

Sorry to spill the milk but was nice to see everyone help me clean it up.

Good stuff!! Much appreciation. Lotta threads that would never happen. It did here.
beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #2,007 of 2,614

I think HBB gave you the answer above.  Funnily enough, if I go back far enough, I think it might have even been one of my few useful contributions to this thread - discovering the need for the 32b image

You can also look for an application called convert2bmp - which is what I used to discover it initially.

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #2,009 of 2,614
My apologies to anyone who's tried the fw2.5 version of 'Blocked' - you'll have found it crashes your device.

Have taken down the link temporarily to fix it (a simple image misplacement) & am doing a revise of the shortcuts menus whilst I'm at it.

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #2,010 of 2,614
I do not understand what happened here, i hope that i had not caused any problems. i am still polishing my uis, trying to make icons even simpler, without loosing any elegance. the reason for this, is because everything becomes even faster with simpler graphics, and this is a good effect.

EDIT: I will not have any more logo image, it is big enough to slow down the entire boot sequence. I preffer the boot to be as fast as possible.

EDIT2: i know that there are some stronger paid programs, like photoshop, but for my objectives, i am thankfull that i started with paint.net, because i can make the theme even faster, and this is a big deal for me, as i like my unit as snappy as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back