Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 14, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #1,921 of 2,614
what happens if i replace say the boot files with a single file, so there will be a single frame?

Also what program is preffered for editing?

I am trying, but if i fail, i do would love for somebody to help me. I am trying to combine the launcher big circle from modern simplicity, with 7 areas, each for a certain selection, being a darker shade of gray, with the bottom right being selected, looking bigger, and more evident to the eye.

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #1,922 of 2,614
[@]skerry2006aj[/@]: I've found you need at least two .png files for boot and shutdown - the ones with a 0 and 1 in the filename. The others aren't necessary.

I'm sure AI, HBB, or Relic can give better advice for modding the launcher. Seems like you could create whole screen .pngs and tweak the coordinates so the .png is where you want it on the screen.

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #1,924 of 2,614
Updated the first post.

Renamed "Font" to "Blocked" from @theUKMrT . I had used the "Font" placeholder since I was unsure of the name of the mod. This is now fixed.

Added the original "Hi-Fi" form @Hawaiibadboy in the 2.5 firmware section.

I really like to see the new possibilities @x RELIC x is exploring with font color and EQ background.

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #1,925 of 2,614
  what happens if i replace say the boot files with a single file, so there will be a single frame?

Also what program is preffered for editing?

I am trying, but if i fail, i do would love for somebody to help me. I am trying to combine the launcher big circle from modern simplicity, with 7 areas, each for a certain selection, being a darker shade of gray, with the bottom right being selected, looking bigger, and more evident to the eye.

The ONLY time I needed something PAINT.NET wouldn't do was the start logo which is a 32bit depth BMP which means it has an alpha channel/layer. Relic helped me the first time then i found a thing called pixelformer to make 32bit.

Online:
Pixlr
Lunapic

On machine:
Whatever...
Paint.net
Pixelformer
etc etc

All free

Relic is the Stanley Kubrick of themes. No idea what crazy apps he uses
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #1,926 of 2,614

The ONLY time I needed something PAINT.NET wouldn't do was the start logo which is a 32bit depth BMP which means it has an alpha channel/layer. Relic helped me the first time then i found a thing called pixelformer to make 32bit.

Online:
Pixlr
Lunapic

On machine:
Whatever...
Paint.net
Pixelformer
etc etc

All free

Relic is the Stanley Kubrick of themes. No idea what crazy apps he uses
biggrin.gif

i might run into problems with displacing or things like this, if it needs code to be written. i just copied, paste, edited images form other custom uis... i have no ideea if this is how i should had done it, but it is the only way i can advance right now/

i hope that no one will be angry with me for doing this..

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #1,927 of 2,614
Updated the first post.

Renamed "Font" to "Blocked" from @theUKMrT
 . I had used the "Font" placeholder since I was unsure of the name of the mod. This is now fixed.

Added the original "Hi-Fi" form @Hawaiibadboy
in the 2.5 firmware section.

I really like to see the new possibilities @x RELIC x
 is exploring with font color and EQ background.

I actually think it's ironic that we can finally change the colors and I go for a monochromatic theme! Hahaha!

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,928 of 2,614
I actually think it's ironic that we can finally change the colors and I go for a monochromatic theme! Hahaha!

I know the feeling
biggrin.gif

I came up with an idea...

I am going to imitate a frequency response graph.
It will look more polished
tongue.gif
.... but the lines up to 500Hz are pretty much like the real charts. The dB #'s are a headache for another day.
I figure once I nail the eq everything else should fall into place

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #1,929 of 2,614

I know the feeling :D

I came up with an idea...

I am going to imitate a frequency response graph.
It will look more polished:p .... but the lines up to 500Hz are pretty much like the real charts. The dB #'s are a headache for another day.
I figure once I nail the eq everything else should fall into place

THAT'S BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous! Clean! And RELEVANT!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, love, love it! :D

I'll PM you later with my fp bg so you can get your EQ lined up pixel perfect. I even have the numbers lined up perfectly with the scale lines. Up all night and I'm going to crash now (non-theme related, lol).

I'll leave it to you but I would suggest you make the lines that correspond to the adjustable frequencies one pixel thicker so they are easier to instantly read.

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,930 of 2,614
I managed to do it.

@AsianInvasion man, your work is amazing! i firstly downloaded elegance, then started to modify it, then i came to exactly some parts that were within vortex.

in fact, after lot of fiddling, i could say that i love vortex, everything is great, but i added some touches to it, and made it work, if it is all right with you if i post my modified version in here.

And thanks to everyone who helped me!

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,931 of 2,614
For some reason I am not able to get app.box.com to serve me the  file. I've tried shutting off my virus program and malwarebytes and still no go. I've even registered for an account with no change in results. Any thoughts?

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #1,935 of 2,614

mad.gif

I exceeded my 10 gig download bandwidth for the main host so please use the 2nd ones listed below.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

To the OP: No need to change the library links as I will need to pay for storage.  I'll update later so please just leave as is until i ask you and I 'll wait till your not busy. My next theme should be my most popular so i better square away my bandwidth issues ahead of time damn........damn damn!!
angry_face.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lftkt0vp43y3sx/Hi-Vinyl.zip?dl=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back