Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 8, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #1,786 of 2,614
2.5.....Brown is the new grey..I guess? Cool!

​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Firmware 2.5        http://bit.ly/hi-fidelity
 ​
 ​
 ​
The Volume is white instead of grey and the text color is gold/brown which is MUCH easier to see than the old grey.​
For modding that's awesome
beerchug.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
White text on playing screen along with the brown/gold is much better​
 ​
 ​

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #1,788 of 2,614
i guess it's that time again. firmware 2.5 with my themes/mods

simply straight:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!7cAhEBYT!FkjMedYjLOmiDSe0Zkg6ug

90° rotated menu reversed scrolling:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!CQgSkYTZ!VlFnvYNsODpMM5dvtUktkA

90° rotated menu:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!PBQlRZgB!-X013KnL76Gg1PBtNpDYEA

i really wish i had the time to do a new mod, but for now you'll have to do with these :wink:

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #1,789 of 2,614
it is nice to see that people are still updating firmwares! I hope that new custom uis will still appear even after x5ii will be out.

@TheoS53 i am wondering if you will still update your themes, i am very interested in using them with the new firmware, and i had not seen you for quite a while around here. was wondering if you are still doing the new theme version
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #1,790 of 2,614
I just went back to stock and it's killing me. One thing not mentioned in the changelog is relating to sound. I know I will get shot for saying this, but to me, it has drastically improved. Better instrument separation and refined bass.

I'd normally think BS when these sort of comments get aired, but I swear I hear exactly the same improvements you mention.

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #1,791 of 2,614
Apr 8, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,793 of 2,614
  2.5.....Brown is the new grey..I guess? Cool!

...............snip
 ​
 ​

I just did a test and they have fixed the broken config.ini link so now ALL the text can change color!!! this is ******* AWESOME!!!!!!

Now I need to figure out Chinese to read what each color does.......... or go through the tedious trial and error process. Updating my themes to 2.5 now.

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #1,794 of 2,614
[quote name="x RELIC x" url="/t/717947/fiio-x5-custom[quote="x relic x, post: 11490506, member: 392151"]

Now I need to figure out Chinese to read what each color does.......... or go through the tedious trial and error process. Updating my themes to 2.5 now.
[/quote]

If you do, would you be up for adding your findings to the first page of the thread?

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #1,795 of 2,614
If you do, would you be up for adding your findings to the first page of the thread?

I can't update the first post but I will post my findings.

Almost done!

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #1,798 of 2,614
The one thing I'm finding that doesn't work with Analogue is I want to make the topbar navigation text black (fits really well and easy to read)......

BUT.............

the config.ini file also defines some of the text in the settings sub-menus with the same color. For example, the text for the timers is now black and you have to guess the time. I may make it dark grey instead.

Testing.............

Edit: Dark grey sucks. Black (for topbar legibility) or Default red (for timers & max volume, etc. legibility). Or I lose the window in the topbar for the navigation text but then I have to re-do the startup and shutdown animations..............

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #1,799 of 2,614
Here is how the config.ini breaks down as far as I can tell for the theme text colors. It looks like they've created a brighter version of the red-ish orange text in the topbar as the default.

WARNING!

You can not change the text in the config.ini file or the X5 will not show half the text and the other half will display what is listed in the first line after the <list_item_color> where it's defined by r= g= and b=, or at least that's what happened to me.

#列表每一项字体颜色  如R = 255(十六进制为 FF) G = 128 (十六进制为 80) B = 64 (十六进制为 40) 则 改制为0xFF8064 = Does nothing as far as I can tell, unless the text is modified in the config.ini file. I don't recommend changing it.

<list_item_color> = Unselected text and USB connect status, etc. Basically all non-highlighted text.
Default color is grey.

<list_item_focus_color> = Highlight text color and large volume numbers when changing volume (not in the topbar).
Default color is white.

<lrc_color> = I'm guessing lyric base color. I don't have lyrics so I'm not sure.
Default color is light grey.

<lrc_focus_color> = I'm guessing lyric highlight color. I don't have lyrics so I'm not sure.
Default color is bright orange.

<play_ID3_color> = Name of the ID3 text (Album, Artist) in the now playing screen.
Default color is white.

<msg_text_color> = Pop-up warning text color.
Default color is white.

<media_info_color> = Bit / Sample rate and Track name in the now playing screen.
Default color is amber.

<list_item_other_color> = Topbar text color and Settings sub-menu text color.
Default color is red-ish.

<speaker_waring_color> = Volume level warning color.
Default color is red-ish.

<speaker_color> = Volume level color in the topbar.
Default color is grey.

A big THANK YOU to the FiiO team for making this possible!!

Apr 8, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #1,800 of 2,614
Thank you bro
beerchug.gif

/img/vimeo_logo.png

Heres a vid for newblets wanting to change their fw.....it's as easy as drag and drop.

P.S.

I am gonna retro/redesign my existing mods.

Hunt for diamonds or polish the ones you got.....time to polish
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the help and call me crazeeee...The bass is better. That is my thing. It is better and the treble roughness is gone.
I wanna change the white vol color. It was the ONLY grey I liked in the theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back