Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Mar 25, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #1,696 of 2,614
I'll answer here as this is where it was asked. The e-12 setting in my custom theme EQ pic was what TheoS53 determined to sound as close as possible to the e12 with bass boost ON using software for such things. I can say it really does sound close to the e12 bass boost and matches what I would expect based on the e12 graph on FiiO's web site.

You can find the post in the regular X5 thread here LINK

The EQ label is customizable using the unpacking tools and changing the name of the EQ setting of your choice. Customization is where it's at man!

Hawaiibadboy, if you're refering to what I posted in the X5 thread it was a tongue in cheek post about blind abx tests vs enjoyment of a device. Also linked to this thread for new people to see all the awesome work done and specificly hinted at your work. These recent posts were honest inquiries, spawned by a theme picture.

I think the referenced e12 EQ pic was one of my theme pics I posted here as I didn't post any EQ pics in the X5 thread so yes, on topic.

Let's all play nice. :wink:

Again, i praise all the work you have done with your themes and its a well deserved praise (you dont even ask for it)

All your themes show too much effort, and despite the fact that you dont have " iam the first one to do ... " list.

your themes are the first ones to amaze me here.

nice job dude !

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #1,698 of 2,614
I added the "Unidentified" new mod from @Carel in the archive for firmware 2.36b.

Carel, if you have a name for this mod I can change it in the first post. I would also need to know if it's in english or russian.

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #1,699 of 2,614

Well if they do...here they go (links under vids)
I got 756 downloads/ 36 countries/ 53 custom versions of theme 2  and only 50% from here and was mostly front loaded till I found out where to show my stuff.
I'm good. It is part of the sites policy to keep topics in threads on subject. Carrying a chat about a pic into 2 threads was clearly a mistake.
No biggie. Please don't go OT in a thread.

Thanks.

And the non members can click the links and download the themes. They do not need to be members. What you see is the tip of an iceberg. The X1 themes downloaded must be in the thousands...maybe many thousands.  I have a _____load of mails to my YT channel asking about the themes and they are not members and apparently not interested? Forums are not some folks thing.

Decided to

Still Floyd in 1973 at Wembley.

Gonna see how this sits for a few days

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #1,700 of 2,614
  well, the sad part is that most of people who are using themes, are using them, and the ones who are new are a little more prone to ask these things around x5 thread. 

You should not worry, if the things go well, people who are right now seeing the images in the x5 thread will come to themes thread.

Everybody wins this way!

I'm sorry, but I know English very bad

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #1,703 of 2,614

Had PC problems, just restored with Win10 so only just been able to download. Some great icons and animations. Its a shame can't have another second on the opening animation for stylus to hit record. Maybe delay clip half a second to see as it hits? Only other point is I find it hard to read accompanying titles in daylight, now playing, collection etc. But soon get used to the pics, which are great. Made me want to fire up my Rocksan Xerxes turntable tonight which is sadly underused these days.

Spoilt for choice on great themes now. Everyone must be, if they can't find a few top quality ones here that really appeal, something is wrong with them!

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #1,704 of 2,614
Vortex Theme

Something new and simple.

Download

Release Notes:
  1. Name of the mod/theme: Vortex 1.0
  2. Version of the firmware: 2.4
  3. Languages: All

Some information:
  1. Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes
  2. I will take all feedback into consideration
  3. All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #1,706 of 2,614
Vortex looks interesting. I will download and try it in the flesh. It's such a shame that FiiO gave us 7 choices for the launcher as six would obviously suit this theme much better and 8 for @Carel
I guess it's possible, by duplicating the position for say Play Settings and System Settings, just using the icon to differentiate. For @Carel, I suggested a dummy picture incorporated in the background image.
Good choice in making Browse by Folder as the odd one out, as that is the one I will select most often.

Edit: I guess you considered putting the odd selection in the middle, but of course that would be a bit awkward with the scroll wheel selection. The way you have it is much closer to the circular selection.

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #1,707 of 2,614
Vortex Theme

Something new and simple.

Download

[rule]
Release Notes:
  • Name of the mod/theme: Vortex 1.0
  • Version of the firmware: 2.4
  • Languages: All

[rule]
Some information:
  • Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes
  • I will take all feedback into consideration
  • All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio

Looks interesting. Might even tear me away from x RELIC x's nerdtastic Trek theme :wink_face:

Mar 29, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #1,708 of 2,614
Looks interesting. Might even tear me away from x RELIC x's nerdtastic Trek theme :wink_face:

Lol! I'm still using the Trek theme myself! Never thought that would be the case haha! Actually, I may have to post the trek babes version........... :tongue_smile:

Another great theme AsianInvasion!! :D

Mar 29, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #1,709 of 2,614
Lol! I'm still using the Trek theme myself! Never thought that would be the case haha! Actually, I may have to post the trek babes version........... :tongue_smile:

Another great theme AsianInvasion!! :D

Even if you don't post a link, could you send me one?

Pretty please :wink_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back