Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Mar 16, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #1,651 of 2,614
Ok, I lied............ Here it is! Version 1.0

StarTrek_TOS

Engineering section......... Look ma, rocker switches!

Medical bay EQ, context menu (too saturated?) and no album art.

And volume..... I have a hard time with a volume showing the background as I find it harder to read on busier backgrounds. I may change this to a solid volume like in my other themes.

I increased the size of the battery readout as there was more room without the 'windows' I had in the analogue theme. I'll update a version with the battery icon tomorrow so there will be two versions again for this one.

This one throws readability out the window (it's not bad though) and focuses more on the Trek theme. I wanted to make something that had a good feel for the original series so that was the priority.

Like I said, for the geek who grew up with this stuff. Enjoy!

Edit: Apologies again for the crappy pics

Edit 2: Also just noticed this is my 2015 th post. Weird.

Edit 3: Oops! I just realized I left my custom EQ names in the FW. I'll upload the default one tomorrow with the battery icon version.

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #1,654 of 2,614
  I'm no Trekkie, but... All hail the undisputed King of Modding.

Oh dear lord....

The volume thing gotta be nagging you. semi transparent shade for bg and you can see the glory and stay in theme.

my 2 cents
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #1,655 of 2,614
I don't ever remember this being a contest or ever receiving a crown. I just make what I make, but thank you guys for liking it.

I don't imagine too many people will actually use the Trek theme daily but if one person loads it and sees the 'beam in' at the start, and the classic alien at the end while fiddling around with the tricorder in between I'd be happy. I spent a couple days testing an idea (including the first fail) and had fun. Dropped in some cool battery charging icons and did some 'USB connected' and 'key lock' icons. I was inspired and that's what matters to me because creating things is my heroin and people enjoying my creations is my high. I make a living doing that.

It's more of a 'hey, look at these neat things work' idea than a daily theme, but I imagine for the hardcore Trekkers out there they could easily use it all the time. For functionality and ease of use I'd go with themes from AsianInvasion or TheoS53. For the ultimate in musical expression get a custom custom theme from Hawaiibadboy (huge props for that).

Hope you guys enjoy what I do to. Lots of choices in this thread! :)

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #1,656 of 2,614
Oh dear lord....

[rule]

The volume thing gotta be nagging you. semi transparent shade for bg and you can see the glory and stay in theme.

my 2 cents:wink:  

I saw your gif before you edited your post. OMG that was funny! I don't care about seeing what's underneath, just being able to read the volume numbers over the main menu. Gonna make it solid behind the numbers.

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #1,657 of 2,614
I saw your gif before you edited your post. OMG that was funny! I don't care about seeing what's underneath, just being able to read the volume numbers over the main menu. Gonna make it solid behind the numbers.

That was for the rightfully over excited fan. ...maybe a mod would find it ...un inspiring, I thought it was perfect but best to stay conservative in those matters.

I edited 2x  the other was with suggestions but I opted to just let you enjoy and watch others enjoy .
I left the volume suggest as we have knashed our teeth on that bit before because of the fw limits put on that part and how important it is to the "mod"

It's more of a 'hey, look at these neat things work' idea than a daily theme, but I imagine for the hardcore Trekkers out there they could easily use it all the time. For functionality and ease of use I'd go with themes from AsianInvasion or TheoS53. For the ultimate in musical expression get a custom custom theme from Hawaiibadboy (huge props for that).

Hope you guys enjoy what I do to. Lots of choices in this thread!
smily_headphones1.gif

I like that theo has a style.

For a laugh:
Return of the whu tha fuuu gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #1,658 of 2,614

biggrin.gif
 Just HAD to!!!! Ok, geek out is over.............. runs away
ph34r.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #1,659 of 2,614
Battery icon version is up with the default EQ names, as well as tweaked volume (went full communicator) and slightly adjusted playing menu colours, same link.

Another theme bites the dust!

beerchug.gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #1,661 of 2,614

Will take the "Hi-Fi' series to pt III...The final...all vinyl.

New boot logo. No album art will be sexy too...with vinyl in B&W

"Hi-Fi" top bar will be updated
"Hi-Fidelity" is the customizable theme
"Hi-f' Vinyl" will be non customizable,hybrid of the first 2 (gold from the first, spartan topbar from the second...and all vinyl from start-up to shutdown.)

Mar 17, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #1,662 of 2,614

Will take the "Hi-Fi' series to pt III...The final...all vinyl.

New boot logo. No album art will be sexy too...with vinyl in B&W

"Hi-Fi" top bar will be updated
"Hi-Fidelity" is the customizable theme
"Hi-f' Vinyl" will be non customizable,hybrid of the first 2 (gold from the first, spartan topbar from the second...and all vinyl from start-up to shutdown.)

Cant wait!

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #1,664 of 2,614
Not a fan of the 'Trek-ness' of the theme particularly, but I'm a pro graphic designer - so am as enthused by playful, well-implemented creativity when I see it, as I am reticent when I don't.

The volume rocker on the Star Trek fw is epic and me shut down screen ...yum yum ...:rolleyes:

Cheers

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #1,665 of 2,614
The volume rocker on the Star Trek fw is epic and me shut down screen ...yum yum ...:rolleyes:

Cheers

Don't drool all over those custom Trek babes!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back