Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Feb 25, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #1,561 of 2,614
Enjoying the theme so far too, apart from one aspect.....sunlight. I really wish we could change the font colour

Yeah, I don't imagine sunlight would help.

I did change the font colour for the messages and the alerts. Notice they are a bronze-ish colour. It would be nice to change the rest of the text. Very strange that it seems the X5 is the only FiiO DAP that won't allow us to modify this.

I have been doing some minor EQ slider tweaks and a couple button changes (minor colour changes) so I'll upload an update when I've road tested them.

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #1,562 of 2,614
Yep, for sure in terms of power E12 > X5 > E17. High-impedence cans really show it.

I use the Line Out on the X5 to drive my headphone amps.

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #1,566 of 2,614
I use the Line Out on the X5 to drive my headphone amps.

Same - right now into an E12 to power the HD650's, but soon will be using line out to a Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball and an assortment of tubes. Just pulled the trigger on a deal for one. Now the wait lol.

Feeling I'll have a really nice desktop in the Crack plus the portability of the X5/E12 combo - both of which will drive the 300ohm HD650's.

For my HD558's and ATH-M50xBL's the X5 alone is more than ample and quite amazing.

The thought of the nice glowing tubes coming is driving me crazy 
L3000.gif

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,567 of 2,614

Solar 1.2 - New icons and bug fixes.

Download

Release Notes:
  1. Name of the mod/theme: Solar 1.2
  2. Version of the firmware: 2.4
  3. Languages: All

Some information:
  1. Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes
  2. I will take all feedback into consideration
  3. All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio, soon to be 100% original graphics

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #1,568 of 2,614
Feel like doing a Trek based theme now...............

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #1,570 of 2,614
Watched the video. Agree looks very sharp. My feedback is the "My Collection" image looks out of place relative to the rest only because it is the only one that has colour. Give it a black and white filter and i think you're onto a winner. While I also agree the colours in the sub menus are beautiful, I would have loved to see you follow the same colour scheme as what you are greeted with on the main menu images so it flows better. Your end goal is likely to be different to mine with this one so please tell me where to go if my take is not in line with yours.

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #1,571 of 2,614
FYI, I've updated 'Analogue II Glass', both battery versions, with some slight tweaks to alert icon colours and the adjust bars. Also added USB connection icons. On top of that I've tweaked the EQ sliders to be easier to read over the last version.

Same link.

Edit: I won't be updating the non-glass version anymore.

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #1,573 of 2,614
FYI, I've updated 'Analogue II Glass', both battery versions, with some slight tweaks to alert icon colours and the adjust bars. Also added USB connection icons. On top of that I've tweaked the EQ sliders to be easier to read over the last version.

Same link.

Edit: I won't be updating the non-glass version anymore.

The USB icons now complete the theme.
I use the text version for battery and the icon version for charging as I don't think the cycling numbers work so well for this.
Is this the final,final, final version
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #1,574 of 2,614
Same - right now into an E12 to power the HD650's, but soon will be using line out to a Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball and an assortment of tubes. Just pulled the trigger on a deal for one. Now the wait lol.

Feeling I'll have a really nice desktop in the Crack plus the portability of the X5/E12 combo - both of which will drive the 300ohm HD650's.

For my HD558's and ATH-M50xBL's the X5 alone is more than ample and quite amazing.

The thought of the nice glowing tubes coming is driving me crazy :L3000:

Ah, yes.
Tubes are fantastic!

Feel like doing a Trek based theme now...............

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Yep, RIP Loenard.
We watched a Star Trek episode last night:
"The Gamesters Of Triskelion"

A Star Trek theme would be uber cool.

Feb 28, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #1,575 of 2,614
The USB icons now complete the theme.
I use the text version for battery and the icon version for charging as I don't think the cycling numbers work so well for this.
Is this the final,final, final version :wink:

I may change the default icons down the road, or if I see something bugging me like the adjust bar then I'll tweak it, but only tweaks from here on out if I have the time.

Edit: Wait, do you load the battery icon version just to charge your X5?! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back