Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Feb 21, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #1,501 of 2,614
Files are up!! Sorry again guys!

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #1,502 of 2,614
I had decided to just use the stock FW since it worked. But this is Beautiful!

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #1,503 of 2,614
One more version!! THIS IS FREAKIN' IT!!!!!!!!!!!! - and everything works............

'Analogue_II_Glass'  
LINK (includes both text % and icon based battery indicators.)

Initially I was going for legibility but I felt something was missing after I added the glass icons so I added the glass over the main meter. 

See the difference below:

Old

New

It's a subtle change but I like it. This is the one I'm rocking now, probably the most complete theme I'll ever do.

Caveat: crappy pics and all that...............

I'm 'Analogue-d' out.

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #1,504 of 2,614
  One more version!! THIS IS FREAKIN' IT!!!!!!!!!!!! - and everything works............

'Analogue_II_Glass'  

Initially I was going for legibility but I felt something was missing after I added the glass icons so I added the glass over the main meter. 

Old

New

It's a subtle change but I like it. This is the one I'm rocking now, probably the most complete theme I'll ever do.

Caveat: crappy pics and all that...............

I'm 'Analogue-d' out.

Until tomorrow...
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #1,505 of 2,614
:beerchug:

Well, there are two versions for you guys to choose from and each has an alternate battery indicator. There is nothing left on this one.

Done! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #1,506 of 2,614
beerchug.gif

Well, there are two versions for you guys to choose from and each has an alternate battery indicator. There is nothing left on this one.

Done! 
biggrin.gif

I went for the non-glass Analog theme with the battery icon. I LOVE the fact I have the battery icon back. I noticed that in the glass version, you managed to get the reflection effect over where the scratch normally is. I like your thinking. I also noticed in the latest versions (not the ones from today necessarily), the window of the main menu has expanded so that the circumference is going outside the bounds of the screen. How easy would it be to go back so that the FULL circular main menu window is there again? Also, I noticed a bug. The position you're on in the main menu dial is no longer retained once you begin to play a track. For example, you go to Now Playing, select a track...either single click back or long press back and the needle could either end up on the Browse Folders or Play By Category option. 

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #1,507 of 2,614
  I went for the non-glass Analog theme with the battery icon. I LOVE the fact I have the battery icon back. I noticed that in the glass version, you managed to get the reflection effect over where the scratch normally is. I like your thinking. I also noticed in the latest versions (not the ones from today necessarily), the window of the main menu has expanded so that the circumference is going outside the bounds of the screen. How easy would it be to go back so that the FULL circular main menu window is there again? Also, I noticed a bug. The position you're on in the main menu dial is no longer retained once you begin to play a track. For example, you go to Now Playing, select a track...either single click back or long press back and the needle could either end up on the Browse Folders or Play By Category option. 

Dude...................... The main menu meter is the exact same size since I enlarged it and lost the icon in the lower right and the text below the meter. You're looking too deep in to it, and you commented earlier about how you liked the size.
blink.gif
 I find that readability is more important than not cropping the top and bottom of the meter. 

The reflection placement had no plan to cover anything, this is just the way it ended up. 
wink_face.gif

The functionality has not changed from default FW, only images. Talk to FiiO about the selection when you back out from different menus. Mine works the same as always (and the official FW theme).

This FW is finished and I will not be making anymore updates, (especially ones I can not do anything about for functionality). 
cool.gif

I don't want to come off as being cold toward your comments but some times we have to just, like the Beatles say, let it be. Thanks for your feedback previously as it has helped push this theme to a level I wouldn't have taken it otherwise (missing album art?) but unless you navigate to a screen that shows purple monkeys and plays videos I'm calling it done.

beerchug.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #1,508 of 2,614
Dude...................... The main menu meter is the exact same size since I enlarged it and lost the icon in the lower right and the text below the meter. You're looking too deep in to it, and you commented earlier about how you liked the size. :blink:  I find that readability is more important than not cropping the top and bottom of the meter. 

The reflection placement had no plan to cover anything, this is just the way it ended up. :wink_face:

The functionality has not changed from default FW, only images. Talk to FiiO about the selection when you back out from different menus. Mine works the same as always (and the official FW theme).

This FW is finished and I will not be making anymore updates, (especially ones I can not do anything about for functionality). :cool:

I don't want to come off as being cold toward your comments but some times we have to just, like the Beatles say, let it be. Thanks for your feedback previously as it has helped push this theme to a level I wouldn't have taken it otherwise (missing album art?) but unless you navigate to a screen that shows purple monkeys and plays videos I'm calling it done.

:beerchug:  
Know you're coming from a good place Sir. I'm not wanting to come across as precious or demanding either. Apologies if it came across that way.

So that is the last time the circular window was full, before you got rid of the secondary window. I thought I had seen it before, there has been that many releases, i couldn't recall when. Regarding the needle reverting to different positions, I won't lie to you, I don't recall seeing that with prior versions you released let alone with the official firmware. Maybe I'm losing the plot. I will stick with the latest, no complaints here :)

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #1,509 of 2,614
Know you're coming from a good place Sir. I'm not wanting to come across as precious or demanding either. Apologies if it came across that way.

So that is the last time the circular window was full, before you got rid of the secondary window. I thought I had seen it before, there has been that many releases, i couldn't recall when. Regarding the needle reverting to different positions, I won't lie to you, I don't recall seeing that with prior versions you released let alone with the official firmware. Maybe I'm losing the plot. I will stick with the latest, no complaints here
smily_headphones1.gif

On the extremely remote chance (basically not possible) that changing images would affect the functionality I just loaded the official 2.4 FW and tested the 'go back' functionality again.

It works the same, as in it takes you back when you navigate to a place and then back out click by click from there. If you go to back to the main menu using the shortcut (hold upper right or upper left buttons) it will always go back to the Browse Folders Icon(needle) no matter what. Not a big deal IMO.
wink.gif
 Test it yourself.

BTW, I've been so used to my theme that I almost felt lost using the default theme again. I also had a harder time reading everything. I'm doing my own theme for every FW release. LOL!!

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #1,510 of 2,614

'Analogue_II_Glass'  

I'm 'Analogue-d' out.

Glass really does add a sparkle - especially to the startup anim.
Great stuff....

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #1,511 of 2,614
Glass really does add a sparkle - especially to the startup anim.
Great stuff....

HAHAHAHAHA!! Download it again if you didn't in the last 55 minutes. I snuck in an update!! Even better glass.

:ph34r: I'm out! :ph34r:

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #1,512 of 2,614
On the extremely remote chance (basically not possible) that changing images would affect the functionality I just loaded the official 2.4 FW and tested the 'go back' functionality again.

It works the same, as in it takes you back when you navigate to a place and then back out click by click from there. If you go to back to the main menu using the shortcut (hold upper right or upper left buttons) it will always go back to the Browse Folders Icon(needle) no matter what. Not a big deal IMO. :wink:  Test it yourself.

BTW, I've been so used to my theme that I almost felt lost using the default theme again. I also had a harder time reading everything. I'm doing my own theme for every FW release. LOL!!
I would never go back to default either :) What you're saying about the original firmware and how it functions is spot on. All I'm saying with your latest iteration is that returning to the main menu via consecutive clicks or one long click takes you back to a random option in the main menu, as opposed to it landing where you expect it to as with the original firmware. I think I reported the same back to @Hawaiibadboy with his Hifi theme at one point and he found a fix, no idea if I'm recalling correctly though. Agree it doesn't make sense an image change would cause this mind you. I am tempted to revert to your theme before the battery changes you made this morning to see if the needle behaves the same or differently. I might even do a reinstall of the latest version in case the install wasn't 100%.

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #1,514 of 2,614
I would never go back to default either :) What you're saying about the original firmware and how it functions is spot on. All I'm saying with your latest iteration is that returning to the main menu via consecutive clicks or one long click takes you back to a random option in the main menu, as opposed to it landing where you expect it to as with the original firmware. I think I reported the same back to @Hawaiibadboy with his Hifi theme at one point and he found a fix, no idea if I'm recalling correctly though. Agree it doesn't make sense an image change would cause this mind you. I am tempted to revert to your theme before the battery changes you made this morning to see if the needle behaves the same or differently. I might even do a reinstall of the latest version in case the install wasn't 100%.

If the install wasn't 100% you wouldn't be using it. It's an all or nothing proposition.

I'd like to help but I'm not sure what else to say. I took the time to test it myself with the official FW and it functions exactly like my theme for me.

:)

Feb 22, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #1,515 of 2,614
Many thanks x RELIC x. What a difference a day or two can make. I'm glad I'm paying attention :wink:  Loving these finishing touches - enlarged meter, front glass and optional battery icon, glass icons, improved readability, color balance. Nice work!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back