Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Feb 19, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #1,471 of 2,614
 ​
 ​
 ​
Went looking for some peace (an album). Music is like photographs, no...they are like movies rolling in loops...smells ,sounds,colors,  in his head,  they bring back awesome memories.​
 ​
He's a visual guy really but audio triggers the visual. It's a cocktail. Some folks listen to music while he...kinda escapes to the moment....... one time...a vivid memory....he was listening to "50 ways(to leave your lover)" too young and small to even see out the car window. Had to just look at mom and the dashboard....she was young and she seemed real happy...she's gone now cuz Cancer took her at the age of 50. He's got a ton of regrets but music can cover it up for minutes at a time. ... few notes from a song and the good times come back.​
Sometimes your the hammer and sometimes your the nail.....and after enough hits from both sides it doesn't feel much different either way. You'll be one or the other sooner or later.​
Got the music though​
Can't take the memories away​
 ​
Till the record stops again ...it always stops.​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​

​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0
 ​
*all previous vids removed no further ones to be made.
**bugs will be fixed and it will be ported to future firmwares.

Users
@Romani (feedback)

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #1,472 of 2,614

Not crying. Not at all.

-CH23

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #1,474 of 2,614
Downloaded the latest and greatest Analog II. Mate, pretty impressive stuff. The whole thing just flows beautifully. The new toggle buttons are so easy to interpret. The shortcuts now align to the theme. Amazing how much less crowded and symmetrical the top looks after you removed "G=" on the left. Here are the 3 things I've noticed:

1) Some of the Systems Settings and Play Settings menu option selections are not aligned to the very right of the screen when I feel they should be. Please refer to the below:

Play Settings >>> Play Mode, Resume Mode, Power-on volume    
System Settings >>> File Name Display, USB Mode

2) On the now playing screen, the font used for the time elapsed and total time of a track is difficult to read.

3) I might get shot for this, and this is a personal preference, but is there is a way to get rid of that scratch on the glass at the top of the main menu dial? My X5 is in impeccable condition, I want my pretend glass dial to be on par :p

Thanks for the kind words.

Responses to your observations:

1). This is a FiiO deal, I didn't change the justification at all but it sure is highlited when using the buttons. I'm not sure where to line this up......... I can look in to it, if it's at all possible.

2). Yeah, I think my colour correct clamped and mushed some of the number edges (these pics are soooooo small - like one pixel edge ruins the number). I wonder if they will stay put if I enlrge them slightly. I don't know how FiiO places them in their coordinate system so it will need to be tested with slightly larger pics.

3). Call it a reflection and ignore it. :D

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #1,476 of 2,614
Thanks for the kind words.

Responses to your observations:

1). This is a FiiO deal, I didn't change the justification at all but it sure is highlited when using the buttons. I'm not sure where to line this up......... I can look in to it, if it's at all possible.

2). Yeah, I think my colour correct clamped and mushed some of the number edges (these pics are soooooo small - like one pixel edge ruins the number). I wonder if they will stay put if I enlrge them slightly. I don't know how FiiO places them in their coordinate system so it will need to be tested with slightly larger pics.

3). Call it a reflection and ignore it. :D
I tried to like your post but i am apparently over my rating limit. All good with the feedback, let's see what your OCD brings out next :)

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #1,477 of 2,614
Feb 20, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #1,479 of 2,614
Romani, I colour corrected the original numbers from FiiO's official FW and replaced the ones I did previously. They look cleaner now but there's nothing I can do about the size without numbers overlapping and that is a bad thing.

I also can't find any coordinates for the Play Settings that are offset from the right justification. Beleive me I looked.

This is the last required tweak. I really can't think of anything else until FiiO opens up the font sizes and colours for us like in the X1 FW.

Like the Soup Nazi I can only say............. NO MORE TWEAKS FOR YOU!!!!!!! :D

I also found three more ugly large battery icons that I replaced.

Once again, I've overwritten the file 'Analogue II'. Same link as posted earlier and on the first page.

I'm out! Enjoy!

Edit: Oh yeah, I also edited the Now Playing quick menu bar to have a bit more bottom shadow and a slight highlight on the top and rounded out the corners slightly.

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #1,480 of 2,614
Ahhhh a happy day - received my Senn HD-650's to take top spot between my Senn HD-558's (dark, airy, wide soundstage) and my Audio Technica ATH-M50xBL's (bassy, clear, detailed, fun).

Powering through a laptop and Fiio E17 or via my X5/E12 stack. Being 300ohm these puppies really need the juice.

Roger Water's Amused to Death provided a binaural eargasm on these 650's, and the quality of themes on here is like icing on the cake :)

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #1,481 of 2,614
Romani, I colour corrected the original numbers from FiiO's official FW and replaced the ones I did previously. They look cleaner now but there's nothing I can do about the size without numbers overlapping and that is a bad thing.

I also can't find any coordinates for the Play Settings that are offset from the right justification. Beleive me I looked.

This is the last required tweak. I really can't think of anything else until FiiO opens up the font sizes and colours for us like in the X1 FW.

Like the Soup Nazi I can only say............. NO MORE TWEAKS FOR YOU!!!!!!! :D

I also found three more ugly large battery icons that I replaced.

Once again, I've overwritten the file 'Analogue II'. Same link as posted earlier and on the first page.

I'm out! Enjoy!

Edit: Oh yeah, I also edited the Now Playing quick menu bar to have a bit more bottom shadow and a slight highlight on the top and rounded out the corners slightly.
Lol, the soup nazi :) Thanks for giving the other tweaks a red hot go. My machine at home has died post a Windows update. Once I revive it, I will be updating. I agree I have reached my theme suggestion quota for the year :) Thanks as always for the ongoing improvements. Fiio should be pleased they have people as mad as you working to better their device.

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #1,484 of 2,614
Ahhhh a happy day - received my Senn HD-650's to take top spot between my Senn HD-558's (dark, airy, wide soundstage) and my Audio Technica ATH-M80xBL's (bassy, clear, detailed, fun).

Powering through a laptop and Fiio E17 or via my X5/E12 stack. Being 300ohm these puppies really need the juice.

Roger Water's Amused to Death provided a binaural eargasm on these 650's, and the quality of themes on here is like icing on the cake :)

What do you prefer, the X5/E12 or the E17?

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #1,485 of 2,614
Too good, thanks for the quick fixes. I will give the FW a good test run tomorrow as it's 12.30am here in Sydney. This hobby is going to get my ass fired
smily_headphones1.gif

Writing looks good for the time elapsed now. The toggle switches are now consistent across the board but however, they seem reversed to me. So you have the flick switch to the left (which I would associate with an off setting) but the green indicator is to the right of it at the same time. In your case this means the switch is on. Without that green dot there, visually i would assume the option is inactive. If I was implementing it myself, and i wanted to indicate on, the flick switch would be to the right with the green dot or setting (eg. H for high gain) shown to the right of the switch. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back