Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 19, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #916 of 2,614

Thanks, but I need to wait to hear from @x RELIC x as I have edited his theme.

One thing I noticed is that the amended logo.bmp does not show up on startup. Yours doesn't show in Hi-Fi either. What is it that is different about the FiiO "Welcome"?
Also, when unpacking your theme, every folder contains a thumbs.db file. You can lose these altogether by turning off indexing in your working directory or delete them using search with "show hidden files" set in view options. I figure making the fw file smaller can only be a good thing.

Whatever you want bru!
biggrin.gif

By putting their work on a public site most folks should know/expect it will be hacked and modded like we did to FiiO.
As long as a a nod is given to the inspirations (in my case Aztechno then rotated version) it's all good.

I got to be the first modder to drop the icons and explode the animations. ...and the battery...can't believe that was left like that
blink.gif
i expect some others to follow soon and a new kind of mods to sprout from it. Brand themed or others that are pic -centric and supported thematically by the animations.

I spent 4 hours downloading and trying all the mods I hadn't yet and found them to be very alike aside from theo and asianinvasions latest offers. I switched back to my own because it's the best ever made.

True story.

I don't care who does what. I'll just get a case of the O.C.D and one up them......again.
Unless someone can get auto-hide tabs and hardware level access to tweak performance parameters  and button controls....I ain't worried.
I'll be high on Hi-Fi  (I clearly smoke my own stuff
wink.gif
)

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #917 of 2,614
Yes, go for it. If I don't get around to animating the startup/shutdown then at least others can enjoy it. One thing I also wanted to do was speed up the wheel. Thoughts?

Appreciate it @uzi2.

I guess the way to speed up the wheel is to reduce the detail in the frame, but I think it is more precise the way it is.

So, here is Tesla II - Uzi edit

Original Theme by @x RELIC x
Battery by @Hawaiibadboy

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #918 of 2,614
I guess the way to speed up the wheel is to reduce the detail in the frame, but I think it is more precise the way it is.

So, here is Tesla II - Uzi edit

Original Theme by @x RELIC x

Battery by @Hawaiibadboy

The wheel animation needs to be sped up in in 3d per frame. Right now it's 2.5 degrees for every frame. This could be doubled or tripled to get more perceived speed when rotating as you notice the wheel rolls much slower than the input. I don't think a 1 to 1 rotation is called for as I like the offset with the lightning.

What was wrong with the battery?

Also, with regard to the Welcome logo.bmp I don't have any issue with it showing up in my themes. I had some errors before with the startup sequence on the official FW and a factory rest fixed it. Maybe try that.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #919 of 2,614
The wheel animation needs to be sped up in in 3d per frame. Right now it's 2.5 degrees for every frame. This could be doubled or tripled to get more perceived speed when rotating as you notice the wheel rolls much slower than the input. I don't think a 1 to 1 rotation is called for as I like the offset with the lightning.

Also, with regard to the Welcome logo.bmp I don't have any issue with it showing up in my themes. I had some errors before with the startup sequence on the official FW and a factory rest fixed it. Maybe try that.

I like the way the lightning appears to roll along the wheel. I hadn't noticed that it was the wheel rotating more slowly that causes this effect. It works as is for me.

There was nothing wrong with the battery - I just like the colour change version. The only small glitch I corrected was the size of the USB background.

The original "Welcome" logo.bmp works fine, but my edited version shows as a black screen, as does the logo.bmp in @Hawaiibadboy's Hi-Fi theme.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #920 of 2,614
I had a problem with logo bmp file when I was working on my UI for x3.
Here's how I got it to work:
1. open original file (96dpi)
2. paste my own graphics
3. Flatten the file.
4. Ctrl+S (Cmd+S)

Cheers

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #922 of 2,614

Please don't give up on Plasma as that is my all time favorite.
Many thanks for all your hard work!

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #923 of 2,614
i found a but on asianinvasion theme. when i am in play mode, if i just turn the wheel, to enter in fast playlist while in folder play, the thing is an empty screen. if i push back, it reverts to what it should have been, but the screen that is from now playing -> turn the wheel, is never there.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #926 of 2,614
i found a but on asianinvasion theme. when i am in play mode, if i just turn the wheel, to enter in fast playlist while in folder play, the thing is an empty screen. if i push back, it reverts to what it should have been, but the screen that is from now playing -> turn the wheel, is never there.

Which theme and which fw version? AsianInvasion's uploaded three themes across two firmware versions so far.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #928 of 2,614
  One thing I noticed is that the amended logo.bmp does not show up on startup. Yours doesn't show in Hi-Fi either. What is it that is different about the FiiO "Welcome"?
Also, when unpacking your theme, every folder contains a thumbs.db file. You can lose these altogether by turning off indexing in your working directory or delete them using search with "show hidden files" set in view options. I figure making the fw file smaller can only be a good thing.

Uzi - Fiios BMP is 32bit.  Most software saves as 24bit.  If you convert your amended 24 bit to 32 bit (basically add a transparency layer), it should show up. There are converters on line if your own software won't do it. 

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #929 of 2,614
oxygen on 2.40. to be short, i think the fault is in fiio firmware version, or that i need to reset my unit. i don't seem to be able to reproduce the thing after a few tries. it happened back then... wierd thingy.

Yes, fw reset can solve a lot of problems :wink_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back