Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 18, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #886 of 2,614

Yes, Plasma has to be one of the best themes for contrast and readability, due to the plain black background. Where is @olddude? Has he left us for the lure of the Toblerone?
I'm wondering whether it's possible for the selection screen to stop at either end rather than keep going round. This would make folder selection easy - rotate anticlockwise - you'll always hit it. I guess that's probably hardwired, but this selection screen is very easy to use and the wheel does not feel imprecise using it.

the toblerone has the DAC that is decide to be on fiio x7. It would be quite natural for this to happen. As far as i know the only things that beat the toblerone are ak 240 and chord hugo. x7 will probably beat it by the time it is launched.

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #887 of 2,614
x RELIC x I agree with scorpion90 please continue your creative journey. I am extremely grateful to you and all the modders, you are enhancing the enjoyment of the X5. 
The Telsa/Plasma theme is my personal favourite so far to date, but in no way dose that mean I think others are inferior, comes down to my personal preference.
All you modders please keep up the fanatic work there must be 100's maybe 1000's enjoying what you do.  Cheers so much!

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #888 of 2,614
  the toblerone has the DAC that is decide to be on fiio x7. It would be quite natural for this to happen. As far as i know the only things that beat the toblerone are ak 240 and chord hugo. x7 will probably beat it by the time it is launched.

We are straying off topic very badly here, but yes if @olddude had found a Chord Hugo in his stocking instead of the Toblerone he would not be selling the X5 now.

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #889 of 2,614

We are straying off topic very badly here, but yes if @olddude had found a Chord Hugo in his stocking instead of the Toblerone he would not be selling the X5 now.

i agree here... chord hugo needs the x5!

also, for staying o thread, i am so greatefull to @AsianInvasion for making a grey version of his theme!
i am so much into it, it looks amazingly proffesional and neat!~

for one reason or another the gray version screams something of akg k3003, or hd800. they seem to have something in commong, and i just love it!

i will give other themes a run after they will exit betas, because when someone puts a lot of work, the maximum stage of that work is the best thing to see!~ so keep up the great work, everyone, i really appreciate all of the work that everyone is putting into the themes!

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #890 of 2,614
Hello

I just had to create an account to thank the creators of these mods for their work, they are phenomenal.  I am a bit of a mod hopper but my favourites are Tesla, Oxygen, Fragments Blue Dark and Modern Simplicity.  Great work on all counts.

Hi-Fi is different and bold which is always good, and I like the real world images; I just can't get past the lack of icons.

Keep up the great work :)

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #891 of 2,614
The DAC in the Pono is NOT the same as the one chosen for the X7- and this is not the X7 thread.  
smile.gif
  The X7 one is an 8-channel single, I believe the Pono has a single  2-channel one.  Or perhaps two of 'em.  Different, but same maker.  The Pono one is really good, so if the 8-channel one is even better.....

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #892 of 2,614

No, I'd have the X5 plugged into the Chord Hugo.  

Jan 18, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #893 of 2,614

Off Topic:

The DAC choice in the X7 is not the same DAC In the Pono and iBasso models (the same family though as olddude mentioned). The one in the X7 is the 8 channel reference DAC (ESS 9018 S) built for full size setups and the other one is a 2 channel DAC (ESS 9018K2M) purpose built for mobile hardware. That's why you quite often see it in a dual setup vs the single setup in the X7 - even in a dual channel setup the 9018K2M has half the available channels. The channels are used for noise rejection, balanced setup, etc., and the 8ch is technically the better DAC, but it depends on how it is implemented in the gear that makes all the difference.

[COLOR=222222]x RELIC x I agree with scorpion90 please continue your creative journey. I am extremely grateful to you and all the modders, you are enhancing the enjoyment of the X5. [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]The Telsa/Plasma theme is my personal favourite so far to date, but in no way dose that mean I think others are inferior, comes down to my personal preference.[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]All you modders please keep up the fanatic work there must be 100's maybe 1000's enjoying what you do.  Cheers so much![/COLOR]

On Topic:

Thanks guys. I enjoy doing the themes but the Plasma and Tesla themes are somewhat time consuming given that they're built from scratch with 3d software, Photoshop, and hand painting combined. The basics are dead simple for me but the iterations can be time consuming and I just landed a project that will keep me pretty busy for the next couple weeks. That's why I am putting the boot and shutdown sequences on hold. The third theme I'm looking at is much more simple, yet I anticipate it will permanently be on my X5. I just am dying to change the banner text and now playing text!!

I have to say thanks again to all the previous modders who inspired myself to try it out. :beerchug:

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #894 of 2,614
Thanks guys. I enjoy doing the themes but the Plasma and Tesla themes are somewhat time consuming given that they're built from scratch with 3d software, Photoshop, and hand painting combined. The basics are dead simple for me but the iterations can be time consuming and I just landed a project that will keep me pretty busy for the next couple weeks. That's why I am putting the boot and shutdown sequences on hold. The third theme I'm looking at is much more simple, yet I anticipate it will permanently be on my X5. I just am dying to change the banner text and now playing text!!

I have to say thanks again to all the previous modders who inspired myself to try it out.
beerchug.gif

Why is it that whenever someone develops a great theme they sudenly become very busy elsewhere?
I will wait patiently for the TelsaII Intro and Outro
etysmile.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #895 of 2,614
"Hi-Fi" v1.2​

New shutdown screen animation
fast picking updated*
"Rock" preset tested and corrected for vocal and instrument separation on rock and classical music using ma 900 open back headphones

She is done.
biggrin.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0

Based on F.W. 2.4​
 ​
 ​

Re*posted as the OP logged in today but did not respond to a PM and my theme is still not listed so in case he forgot...

I run the Head-Fi basscan Wiki and the Extreme basshead thread monthly top 10 list and update respond at least once a day.
I have my own business
I have a family.

I'll gladly take this over if it's too much for the OP?
I'd require
1 sceenshot of the start screen,--all songs-- eq, and syst settings screens and place them under the archive listing so folks can get a reasonable feel for what they are getting before they download it onto their 400 dollar dap. Seems resonable.

An interactive screen

Easy. I do it.

If the admins are cool I'll make my own X5 repository and download the FW and take the pics and create a user friendly library that's informative both visually and in detail. This is not a club or a private site. Head fi is the banner we all fly under and if it's worth doing at all it's worth doing well. I will level up as the benefactors are the public 1st and the members 2nd.
This site has options for making "groups". This thread is not one.

EXAMPLE:

"Hi-Fi" by Hawaiibadboy (post - direct download)

Description:
Minimalist theme using no navigation icons. Includes custom boot/off animations
Link to video demo (optional)

Dear OP, Please right click copy paste the above. If others wanna follow they can and if not they choose not to.  Your workload is increased by zero. It's on the modder to supply the data.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #897 of 2,614
@Hawaiibadboy: How are you modding the Rock preset? Are you just customizing the Rock preset on the X5 itself or are you editing one of the firmware files in your computer? If you've figured out which file to edit in your computer, please share.

I just change it and it saves it. It used to ask me if I wanted to save it but it does it automatically.
It is possible i accidentally deleted something
biggrin.gif
leading to a good thing but i don't recall anything besides it doesn't ask me if i wanna reset/save when i move out. it just saves it without prompt.

I opened the eq.ini file many times so  mighta done a good thing by accident.

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #898 of 2,614

I just change it and it saves it. It used to ask me if I wanted to save it but it does it automatically.
It is possible i accidentally deleted something:D leading to a good thing but i don't recall anything besides it doesn't ask me if i wanna reset/save when i move out. it just saves it without prompt.

I opened the eq.ini file many times so  mighta done a good thing by accident.

Gotcha. Then it's just saving it on your X5, and the EQ preset doesn't make it into the firmware mods you're posting. I'm glad Fiio changed the EQ to let us customize all of the presets!

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #899 of 2,614
Gotcha. Then it's just saving it on your X5, and the EQ preset doesn't make it into the firmware mods you're posting. I'm glad Fiio changed the EQ to let us customize all of the presets!

If anyone downloaded my theme I'd like to know if the eq pre-set goes with it. I was thinking it would ...oh that makes no sense
frown.gif
**facepalm**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back