Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 15, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #856 of 2,614
That would be way cool if you animate the plasma. Feel your pain about the colours, during the series of x3 updates we've lost the ability to change some of them too.

The trouble is there are only 7 images that actually change and only when the wheel is moved. In the official FW the wheel animation is 13 images (0-12) and I beleive it loops as a 7 frame animation twice where the 13th image(frame 12) is the preceding one to the 1st image(frame 0) for a smooth transition. Hard to replicate a loop with plasma so I just made it chaotic. It would be great if we could do a background animation loop that wasn't tied to the wheel.

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #857 of 2,614
The trouble is there are only 7 images that actually change and only when the wheel is moved. In the official FW the wheel animation is 13 images (0-12) and I beleive it loops as a 7 frame animation twice where the 13th image(frame 12) is the preceding one to the 1st image(frame 0) for a smooth transition. Hard to replicate a loop with plasma so I just made it chaotic. It would be great if we could do a background animation loop that wasn't tied to the wheel.

impossible to set .gif or a series of pics instead of static pic for wheel?..

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #858 of 2,614
impossible to set .gif or a series of pics instead of static pic for wheel?..

Hmmmmmmmm.......... I don't know........ I've never done a .gif but I don't think it will work.

The series of images only changes when there is input from the wheel as I see it in the FW and I beleive they have to remain .png.

I just roll the wheel very fast and it looks cool. Hahahaha, best way to wear it out.

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #860 of 2,614
Thank you! I can't add a picture and a link in the post, what to do?

You need more posts. I think it's 30 or something. :wink:

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #861 of 2,614
Here is my X5 Tesla FW 0.8 beta. I went to town deleting backgrounds and changing colours so I'm guessing I need to revisit it for you guys. Overall I prefer a simple black background as I find it easier to read and I like the contrast.

Plasma Link

Added some hand painted bolts to the launcher menu and brightened the info on the banner bar (too white?) but I can't figure out how to brighten the volume numbers in the there. For the misc playing screen I changed the track position numbers colour and I think it's a bit hard to read now, I'll fix it on the next release. I also didn't touch the bootup and shutdown animation yet or did anything with the missing artwork and USB DAC images. Oh well, it's a work in progress.

Edit: This is based on the official 2.4 FW

Edit 2: I just can't take a good pic of this with my mobile phone.

Edit3: removed the link as I'm in the process of updating the file.

Edit 4: Re-linked the Plasma theme as I'm not going to get around to it for a bit.

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #863 of 2,614
Here is my X5 Tesla FW 0.8 beta. I went to town deleting backgrounds and changing colours so I'm guessing I need to revisit it for you guys. Overall I prefer a simple black background as I find it easier to read and I like the contrast.

Link to X5 Tesla Theme FW0.8 beta

Added some hand painted bolts to the launcher menu and brightened the info on the banner bar (too white?) but I can't figure out how to brighten the volume numbers in the there. For the misc playing screen I changed the track position numbers colour and I think it's a bit hard to read now, I'll fix it on the next release. I also didn't touch the bootup and shutdown animation yet or did anything with the missing artwork and USB DAC images. Oh well, it's a work in progress.

Can't wait to try it once I have access to my pc back home.

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #864 of 2,614
STUNNING!   Nice work x Relic x.

Thanks. I can see why designers of the interface for these DAPs keep it simple. Less artsy, more fartsy so to speak. After I tweak this one to be more cohesive I may do a more graphical UI and not something so visually complex (and more universal in taste). There are still some icons and banners that don't jive well and I want to bring back some BG screen elements in the browsing menus. The EQ menu is a little too much blue I think so I'll tone that down as well as fix the banner color to read the volume numbers better. A lot of little tweaks on top of the animation I want to do for the startup and shutdown.

I'll have the official one in a couple days. Maybe..............

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #865 of 2,614

She is called "Hi-fi"

No icons

I went in the total other direction and tried to get simple simple.
Don't need icons if it says the navigation point in the header.
EQ is easier to read and the battery icon reflects condition. Green/yellow/red
High/Low gain is clear and a touch larger.

I will clean it up and post a link if anyone wants to give her a ride.
She's pretty sexy.

This is themed over a mod called 90 degree rotated by @CH23

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #866 of 2,614

She is called "Hi-fi"

No icons

She's pretty sexy.

I like the look of that too. Awesome stuff.

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #868 of 2,614
Can't wait to try it once I have access to my pc back home.

Link to X5 Tesla Theme FW0.8 beta

This is great it looks fantastic on my device, its very clear easy to see and it's fun! Thank you for your efforts so far.

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #870 of 2,614

She is called "Hi-fi"

No icons

She's pretty sexy.

I like the real world pics. Very nice. Where mine comes off as somewhat cartoon-ish this is very mature looking. Nice. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back