Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Oct 22, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #365 of 2,614
New theme. Inspired by the simplicity of the X1's themes, and the great look of the black brushed aluminium used by Fiio on the products.

Not 100% done yet, but in the end it will be a completely black and white theme

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #366 of 2,614
  New theme. Inspired by the simplicity of the X1's themes, and the great look of the black brushed aluminium used by Fiio on the products.

Not 100% done yet, but in the end it will be a completely black and white theme

Black and white and Fiio red is a good combination.

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #368 of 2,614
The final version.

I call this theme "Simply Straight"

https://mega.co.nz/#!2JQxAazC!8nH_e5no9-CIhtWcjmOFFauiWe8gZn_hF9_2kZ-pgxQ

This is firmware 2.20

(for some reason i always do this sort of stuff around 1 in the morning)

Cool idea! I'm curious how easy it'd be to drop the orange selector stripe(s). Seems like the emphasized icon with middle placement should be enough to indicate the current selection and would further simplify the GUI.

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #369 of 2,614
Cool idea! I'm curious how easy it'd be to drop the orange selector stripe(s). Seems like the emphasized icon with middle placement should be enough to indicate the current selection and would further simplify the GUI.

Special delivery!

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ldoj2RiZ!Eh2OBpYDDZKXGLyIXE88M23OatorDFOyMUC6XgY2qyI

This firmware version is easier to edit, the icons are now transparent, so that you can use your own background.
Note that unlike the "simply straight" theme, you can't have an animated background unless you "merge" the icons with a background.

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #372 of 2,614
Great! I used to mod X3 themes, but newer X3 and now X5 themes are a bit more complicated. I'm guessing there's just in PNG file to swap out across multiple folders?

Yes. All basic theme mods are png based. More complex stuff like moving icon location requires some fiddling with the config text files which is where modders like CH23 and TheoS53 seem to excel

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #374 of 2,614

Yes. All basic theme mods are png based. More complex stuff like moving icon location requires some fiddling with the config text files which is where modders like CH23 and TheoS53 seem to excel

Thanks for the compliment but I have to admit that I have no idea how to change the icon location lol.

But yeah, it really is easy to change the look, most files are PNG, so it's just a matter of replacing them. The only one which isn't PNG is the first welcome image which is a bitmap. 

I use photoshop to either make new images, or edit existing ones. Be sure to check the option to compress the PNG image when saving it, as the larger images can cause some slowing down in the overall UI. The screen is fairly low-res, so you won't notice a drop in image quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back