Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Aug 17, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #272 of 2,614
  Aztechno Beta 1.0 completed! (Based on Fiio Firmware release 2.0)
Use at your own peril, but know that I am currently using it just fine on my X5, no problems.
Let me know if you see any bugs and all that jazz.
In the next build I will redo the topbar which I'm not happy with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1o69oc9bnzfvjkw/x5.fw

Is it just me or this link for download is broken. Every time I try to download this theme, this link takes me to Matrix theme!? Does anybody have a clue what 's going on?

Aug 17, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #273 of 2,614
Is it just me or this link for download is broken. Every time I try to download this theme, this link takes me to Matrix theme!? Does anybody have a clue what 's going on?

I think that FlowerLandFilms had no folder structure in his/her dropbox and thus replaced the file by accident.

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #274 of 2,614
Hmmm... How about the number of images used in the animations?

The main menu scroll wheel has 12 animation images (30° rotation each) and you have the images for each menu item. Their scroll direction is managed by a configuration file. I think CH23 mentioned it in one of his posts.

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #275 of 2,614
The main menu scroll wheel has 12 animation images (30° rotation each) and you have the images for each menu item. Their scroll direction is managed by a configuration file. I think CH23 mentioned it in one of his posts.

Hmmm I noticed that for the startup and shutdown animations, about 15 images are used. I am wondering if we need to stick to this closely (i.e. use only 15 images)

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #276 of 2,614
Hmmm I noticed that for the startup and shutdown animations, about 15 images are used. I am wondering if we need to stick to this closely (i.e. use only 15 images)

Best way to try this out is creating more or fewer images, with each their image number on them, create firmware, try it out.

If i recall correctly you can use any number of images, but boot time will be the same. Don't quote me on this though, i might've mixed up the X3 and X5 here.

As for the "spinning wheel", you'll need exactly the number of images it currently uses.

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #277 of 2,614

Yes, you need to look at the X5/coordinate/launcher.ini file.

If you unpack one of my later firmwares you can see which value controls which image (because that's all it is really. Image location on screen)

X = horizontal

Y = vertical

Only the first two "paragraphs" matter, image size doesn't seem to be regulated by this ini file.

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #278 of 2,614
Best way to try this out is creating more or fewer images, with each their image number on them, create firmware, try it out.

If i recall correctly you can use any number of images, but boot time will be the same. Don't quote me on this though, i might've mixed up the X3 and X5 here.

As for the "spinning wheel", you'll need exactly the number of images it currently uses.

Hmmm... Let's hope I can get the X5 soon!

Aug 18, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #279 of 2,614
@cooperpcw

Please can I ask if you are going to update FW 2.2 with your theme Aztechno Gold 90° rotated menu reversed scrolling.
This has been the only theme that I use and think it's really nice.

Many thanks to all the FW moders.

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #281 of 2,614
Aug 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #284 of 2,614
http://www.fiio.pw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=15200&highlight=x5%2B%E4%B8%BB%E9%A2%98

as it turns out, we weren't the only ones who figured that the X3 tools would work for X5...

translate.google.com will help you a lot on there :wink:

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #285 of 2,614
I had no idea there were tools to do this!

I may create my own theme now, I find the screen can be a little dark in daylight, so I have been thinking that a high contrast style theme could be useful.

Is this x3 firmware tools the tools you guys have been using? Are there any potential dangers with using these tools?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back