Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 13, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #17 of 2,614
Could I get some clarification about how the wheel images scroll? There are only seven menu options but there are 12 frames to the wheel animation, so do they just cycle  through all twelve sequentially, either backwards or forwards, regardless of what icon is being displayed? Thanks guys.

May 13, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #18 of 2,614
Could I get some clarification about how the wheel images scroll? There are only seven menu options but there are 12 frames to the wheel animation, so do they just cycle  through all twelve sequentially, either backwards or forwards, regardless of what icon is being displayed? Thanks guys.

Yes, the wheel image and icons move independently from eachother.
If you try to use less than 12 images, you'll have some blank screens, so you have to use 12 images.
In my custom firmwares i replaced 11 of them with the same image, as i didn't like the looks of the "scrolling"

May 13, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #19 of 2,614
I would think the logic behind this is they didn't know how many menu items there would be and needed to pick a number of images to have the wheel "animation".

12 images is quite logical if you think about it. It makes for 12 different images rotating exactly 30 degrees from the previous one. The movement is neither to big to have a clunky effect nor too small to need a lot of different images. and quite honestly, 30 degress is easy to remember.

May 13, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #21 of 2,614
I would KILL for a dark theme like Aztechno
The darker the better. To make it less obvious that the screen is a lie (LCD is much smaller than the front glass)

May 14, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #25 of 2,614
Animation test of the scroll cycle, this is pre glow effects and details.

There are some errors on the left side, but keep in mind the left side will be off screen.

That looks fantastic, I can't wait for the final FW

Keep up the good work :blush:

May 14, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #26 of 2,614
Animation test of the scroll cycle, this is pre glow effects and details.

There are some errors on the left side, but keep in mind the left side will be off screen.

You're taking this to a higher level. Can't wait for the finished theme!

May 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #28 of 2,614
I've finished the launcher, and am moving onto the now playing screen.

Do we know what the following do:

Black.png

Shade_bg.png

Shade_bg1.png

???

The way i usually check is giving them colours not used in the whole UI, (usually pink or green) and putting the filename on the image as text.

Then you go through the whole ui on your X5 and see if and where it pops up.

May 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #30 of 2,614
Darn, Aztecno themes's a steal, can we ask CH23 to make the 90% version?

@CH23 can we request 90° rotated menu reversed scrolling for Aztecno theme's?

Maybe all the function can join together and make the better firmware , such a wet dream , hope it's granted :)

Good job all

Regards,
Vayz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back